Apollo 11 Astronaut Michael Collins Dead at 90

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Former NASA astronaut Michael Collins passed away on April 28, 2021.
“Today the nation lost a true pioneer and lifelong advocate for exploration in astronaut Michael Collins," said acting NASA Administrator Steve Jurczyk. "As pilot of the Apollo 11 command module – some called him ‘the loneliest man in history’ – while his colleagues walked on the Moon for the first time, he helped our nation achieve a defining milestone. He also distinguished himself in the Gemini Program and as an Air Force pilot.
https://www.nasa.gov/michael-collins

An astronaut who flew on one of the most famous space missions of all time has died. Michael Collins, 90, was part of the three-member crew on Apollo 11, the first lunar landing mission in 1969. Unlike Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, he never walked on the moon. Collins stayed behind and piloted the command module as it circled above. Because of that, Collins is often called the "forgotten astronaut."
https://www.npr.org/2021/04/28/509599284/forgotten-astronaut-michael-collins-dies

RIP American Hero.

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8
I've heard from two people in the last month who don't believe we went to the moon. These are women in their 50's and 60's! They think it was green screen.

JamesSuth

Thank you for sharing this, quite a remarkable life and so many achievements in addition to his part with the moon landing. It is quite remarkable that God gave humanity the ability to walk on the moon. I don't know that I've ever paused before to thank God for that. As these people pass on we loose a link with a really significant aspect of our history. Pray for his friends and family and that he was saved :pray

Dave_97

I've heard from two people in the last month who don't believe we went to the moon. These are women in their 50's and 60's! They think it was green screen.
It interesting I actually did not know there was proponents who don’t believe we went to the moon. I always thought we did (and still do), however I am curious why we haven’t been able to do it again. The technology we have in our phones today is far more advanced than that during the Apollo 11. Looking back it’s crazy they achieved something like that back then. That is my only question to the whole thing, other than that I don’t think it’s that important to debate anyway.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
There's no will/interest in going. Follow the money . . . always follow the money :mad Lots of profit to be made off of the space station, satellites, telescope, platforms, etc. that are parked in orbit. Plus strategic/military interests.

Mars is a side show . . . placate/distract the masses from what's really going on/of interest to TPTB up there. Hubble, Voyager, etc. are almost forgotten by most. The days of space exploration for the sake of exploration and science and curiosity and the challenge of doing it are pretty much gone, except as incidental to other things. The scientific, engineering, medical, etc. knowledge we got from this has made people's lives immeasurably better. The money-making and power consolidating activities are based on and advancing/improving upon the foundation from the Space Race, etc. However, motives and goals have changed over time.