‘Apocalyptic’ food prices will be disastrous for world’s poor, says Bank governor

GHoe

The Bank of England governor has blamed the war in Ukraine for the highest inflation in the UK for three decades and warned that “apocalyptic” food prices caused by Russia’s invasion could have a disastrous impact on the world’s poor.

Defending Threadneedle Street before an announcement on Wednesday of the sharpest annual increase in four decades, Andrew Bailey told MPs that while he was unhappy about the level of price rises, 80% of the inflation target overshoot was caused by factors outside the Bank’s control.

Bailey said the Bank could not have been expected to predict a war in Ukraine, which he warned would have consequences for the UK and the developing world.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...disastrous-for-worlds-poor-says-bank-governor

Just as The Word of God said. The world is aligning for prophecy to be fulfilled.

Revelation 6:6, NIV: Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, 'Two pounds of wheat for a day's wages, and six pounds of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!'

Last edited:

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
The Bank of England governor has blamed the war in Ukraine for the highest inflation in the UK for three decades and warned that “apocalyptic” food prices caused by Russia’s invasion could have a disastrous impact on the world’s poor.

Defending Threadneedle Street before an announcement on Wednesday of the sharpest annual increase in four decades, Andrew Bailey told MPs that while he was unhappy about the level of price rises, 80% of the inflation target overshoot was caused by factors outside the Bank’s control.

Bailey said the Bank could not have been expected to predict a war in Ukraine, which he warned would have consequences for the UK and the developing world.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...disastrous-for-worlds-poor-says-bank-governor

Just as The Word of God said..

Revelation 6:6, NIV: Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, 'Two pounds of wheat for a day's wages, and six pounds of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!'
The scriptures above Revelation 6:6 is exactly the scriptures that will happen in the tribulation period. We are leading up to that before the fact happens, and Christians will not be here.

UntilTheWholeWorldHears

Just as The Word of God said. The world is aligning for prophecy to be fulfilled.

Getting a very good taste of it as I shop at Publix Supermarkets. Ridiculous prices!!!
On a side note, Publix just recently had a 5-1 split with their stock.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Control the food, control the population. 3 minutes without air, 3 days without water, and 3 weeks without food. They don’t want abundance, they want submission. The stage is being set for the final performance.
Even try to :shifty control the way we think. No Way! These people are in for a shock :shocked for worshipping the beast, and what is really bad is not to be saved!

MapleLeaf

I followed bloggers who predicted this rise in inflation coming from the very first "two weeks to flatten the curve". I was foolish and fearful enough at the time to think the 2 weeks wouldn't be a big deal but more and more my eyes were opened. Fool's on us for ever complying with such a ridiculous mandate. Without an economy we don't have lives. The economy IS lives.

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
I find this ironic and mildly amusing. Hello. Food inflation has had terrible ramifications for "the world's poor" for decades. We are connected to a ministry in Haiti, and these people, who are already destitute and could barely feed their families, have been facing skyrocketing costs for years and face literal starvation. Even the most simple meal of beans and rice is unaffordable for many. But the majority of the world doesn't care.....until it affects "the world's poor" in THEIR country.

UntilTheWholeWorldHears

They're employee owned. A lot of employees are probably doing pretty well... but I wonder how they sell their shares when they want to... maybe back to Publix?
Yes, back to Publix. I know many that have worked at Publix over the years. Those who have worked over 20 yrs are all millionaires.
I have a cousin who was a produce clerk for 21 years, never made more than 450/wk. He retired last December, with over a million in Publix stocks.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Yes, back to Publix. I know many that have worked at Publix over the years. Those who have worked over 20 yrs are all millionaires.
I have a cousin who was a produce clerk for 21 years, never made more than 450/wk. He retired last December, with over a million in Publix stocks.

Now that to me sounds like righteous capitalism, where employees are paid a reasonable amount for their labors. Do you know what the process is for employees cashing in their Publix stock? It isn't publicly traded. Does the Corporation buy them out and then re-issue/sell those shares to newer employees over time?

UntilTheWholeWorldHears

Now that to me sounds like righteous capitalism, where employees are paid a reasonable amount for their labors. Do you know what the process is for employees cashing in their Publix stock? It isn't publicly traded. Does the Corporation buy them out and then re-issue/sell those shares to newer employees over time?
It’s employee owned. I’m almost certain that Publix buys back the shares.