Anyone thinking about getting an eBike?

fl2007rn

Look at what happened to Simon Cowell when he fell off his ebike the first time he rode it. He fell off and broke his back! So be careful. :pray :hug

bigmoose

I used to do some electronics development for some a while ago. The best place to learn is a message board called
endless-sphere(dot)com/forums

Batteries are a big, big deal. Be sure you understand all the safety implications of lithium batteries. A few of the experienced members have lost their house/garage due to charging issues. Also they are more expensive than you think at first.

seated with Christ

I used to do some electronics development for some a while ago. The best place to learn is a message board called
endless-sphere(dot)com/forums

Batteries are a big, big deal. Be sure you understand all the safety implications of lithium batteries. A few of the experienced members have lost their house/garage due to charging issues. Also they are more expensive than you think at first.
Thanks for the link, I’ll check it out.

bigmoose

I don't even ride a regular bike anymore but I love the idea of an ebike. I'm going to wait for the one I get issued in Father's house, along with my P-51 Mustang.
Dan and Carl you made me smile/laugh! One of my thoughts for "no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived of what awaits those the love Him..." is how I so want to fly one day. My planes are either a P-51, a F4-U Corsair, or something more modern... like F16 or F18. I had one flight lesson in a Cessna 150 and did not do too well, I way over controlled and never got comfortable in it. Then again, there was primer all over the tail where a guy hit the trees on landing a few months prior... then I sat in the F16 cockpit at Wright Patterson Air Force Museum, and being a big guy, couldn't get out without help... I need to be smaller, or the planes a little bit bigger "up there!" Hope we get to fly together some day. :)

Brother Albert R.

Jesus loved us and said we should Love our enemies
Dan and Carl you made me smile/laugh! One of my thoughts for "no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived of what awaits those the love Him..." is how I so want to fly one day. My planes are either a P-51, a F4-U Corsair, or something more modern... like F16 or F18. I had one flight lesson in a Cessna 150 and did not do too well, I way over controlled and never got comfortable in it. Then again, there was primer all over the tail where a guy hit the trees on landing a few months prior... then I sat in the F16 cockpit at Wright Patterson Air Force Museum, and being a big guy, couldn't get out without help... I need to be smaller, or the planes a little bit bigger "up there!" Hope we get to fly together some day. :)
If I could fly it would be in a cricket...

cricket-plane-photo-for-post-1024x677.png
66b5288d7db67a40a80fface54282350.jpg

in a bumble bee...

maxresdefault.jpg
Body-Stits.jpg

or in an ultra light...

c6ca768841f91f254f01d0eeb45eff7e.jpg
images

PS bigmoose, I was born near Cleveland Ohio, have you ever been to The Liberty Aviation Museum located in Port Clinton, Ohio?

Last edited:

Brother Albert R.

Jesus loved us and said we should Love our enemies
I gave up the notion.

I don't have a thread starter post, but I would like to hear y'all's thought.
Even though I have never ridden one, I seen one yesterday and talking with the owner, he seemed very exited to have one, it was cool to see him glide away with no effort. I did not realize that it was electric until he told me, the battery is in the back wheel axel. I assumed it was just a beach curser bike (I was a Dana Point) with those wide wheels when I first seen it.

red_x_class_sag_on_720x.jpg

Last edited:

Jonathan

I don't even ride a regular bike anymore but I love the idea of an ebike. I'm going to wait for the one I get issued in Father's house, along with my P-51 Mustang.
Wouldn't it be cool as heck if you buy a newly manufactured p51 to the exact specs of the original? It was basically the F-22 of it's day. Rolls Royce Engine, massive horse power, etc. Actually, that is a two part question. The second question is, 'wouldn't it be cool as heck to be able to afford one."

A few years ago I checked up on the matter and there was one company that made what I'll simply call a Diet P51. "Just one calorie. NOT ENOUGH!" Seriously, they were producing them, but they 2/3 the scale of the real thing and I am sure horsepower was also compromised.

Jonathan

The Cessna 150/152 is what I trained on, so I feel where you are coming from. It is actually a great plane to learn on because it's light weight makes you very sensitive/vulnerable to wind factors and onboard weight distribution (the first time I flew solo, the lack of the 160 pounds of my instructor made it feel like a completely different plane in the way it performed..

In other words, if you can fly by the seat of your pants on a 150/152 you can fly most other similar planes (not tail draggers) with ease.

HOWEVER, there is no getting around the fact the the 150/152 is one of the most uncomfortable planes to sit it. It makes coach class seating seem like a plush, satin laced EZ-Boy. I can't tell you how many times one of my legs went numb flying the 152.

DanLMP

Wouldn't it be cool as heck if you buy a newly manufactured p51 to the exact specs of the original? It was basically the F-22 of it's day. Rolls Royce Engine, massive horse power, etc. Actually, that is a two part question. The second question is, 'wouldn't it be cool as heck to be able to afford one."

I want the later version with the bubble canopy. Not the original without.