Anyone on here play videogames?

Kem

Citizen
I've played some online games. Played LOTR for a while and it was fun for a couple of years.

pixelpusher

I used to, C4e777, but I had to give it up. I'm simply not disciplined enough to have a console and also expect to be productive in any measurable fashion, and so far I haven't found anyone willing to pay me a salary to massacre the Covenant. Plus, most of the games I'd probably want to be playing are not things I personally think I should be feeding my head.

Lol, once I had to actually go to the orthopedist for a video game injury, back in the great Tekken Championships of 1997.

True confessions: I've never owned an Xbox. Never will, afaik. :shocked

Back in the day, I held the high score on Galaga down at the country store for most of a summer... :cool:

DaveB

I play my 360 a couple times a week.... Once the children and wifey are in bed of course :lol: lol

Dave

I play every once in awhile. I really do not have the time.

Last edited:

livin_in_the_Son

Everyone in my house does, except me. I'm the video game warden. We have a PS3, a Wii, an X-box, a PSP, and 2-3DS's.

The kids get 1 half hour a day to indulge, but that is the first thing taken away for bad behavior. Once a week I declare a no-gaming day, and no one gets to play.

My husband plays the PS3 almost exclusively, and enjoys fighting games. With his work schedule, he logs about 1 hour on his day off (so twice a week). Some nights he will try to play for 20 minutes or so when he gets home from work, but since he's working two jobs he needs sleep more than gaming.

Like I said, I'm the video game warden...my favorite saying is, "video games are like sugar, too much rots the brain." :hehheh

Any Minute

Tetelestai !!
With the kids now grown, I don't play any more though I enjoy cards or backgammon online occasionally.

Back in the day, I held the high score on Galaga down at the country store for most of a summer... :cool:

^ Now that's an '80's flashback :lol:

Not quite the same without a few quarters in the pocket and a store clerk threatening to throw you out if you don't purchase something! Have you seen the old school games at the top of the forum? Kris and I went back and forth a while for high score on Space Invaders, I gave up, couldn't beat his high score. Nothing like an old stand up model or a pinball machine though!

Jesus_Freak17

I used to play Halo on the xbox religously. Excpet for me, I was trying to make money by going pro, so it wasn't a total waste of time. But, after being convicted by God, and repeating the cycle over and over, I ended up spending thousands and then selling/destroying them because I would end up hating how it controlled me. So glad God is always faithful to correct me, even if it costs me a lot of money XD

livin_in_the_Son

I used to play Halo on the xbox religously. Excpet for me, I was trying to make money by going pro, so it wasn't a total waste of time. But, after being convicted by God, and repeating the cycle over and over, I ended up spending thousands and then selling/destroying them because I would end up hating how it controlled me. So glad God is always faithful to correct me, even if it costs me a lot of money XD

Here's a little trivia for you...HALO actually means High Altitude Low Opening. It's an acronym used by paratroopers. They jump out of the plane at a high altitude, but don't open their shutes until they are close to the ground. (most times people yank the cord once clear of the plane). It has nothing to do with the game...at least that's what my son tells me. But a little info never killed anyone. :hehheh

pixelpusher

Have you seen the old school games at the top of the forum?

I have seen those, but so far, I have restrained myself... Asteroids was a favorite of mine in the stand-up version. I think I played it once here. Oh man... yeah, I better not, next thing I know, an hour will have slid by.

The last time I was really "into it"... I had Bungie's Marathon running on my old Mac IIci... the precursor to Halo. I stayed up all night, padded down in a nest of pillows and sofa cushions where I had moved my Mac onto the coffee table, and when I got to some higher level, lost in a maze of passageways, I turned back from a blind corner and ran smack dab into a S'pht, floating there just before me. Scared the crikey out of me. I think I had something like 2 bullets left for my pistol, and one grenade, and my health was flagging. The thing made some kind of screeching noise, or maybe that was another Phor behind a wall, but I had been running in silence for so long, lost, I had all the lights out, just the monitor on in the living room, I was immersed. It scared me with a jolt, and needless to say, I shot what I had, and died. I re-spawned, and now that I knew what was in that level, I got through, but I won't forget that S'pht just floating there.

I knew I was in too far when I came around the corner in the office hallway one day, and we had these big long rectangle windows on the courtyard, and there were HVAC guys working on the roof across the way. I came be-bopping around the corner, and my hand automatically came up like I had my trusty pistol, aimed at the workers on the roof. I was like "What?!" When the game reflexes show up in real life... I don't know what that means...

I messed with Halo a little at first, from the Mac.. and we used to have office battles in Unreal Tournament... Low G physics, Instagib, and downloaded map packs... that was an awesome, awesome, awesome FPS game, but there again, I have little self-control once I let myself in. Best not to, for me. Others seem to be able to handle it much better.

Jesus_Freak17

I have seen those, but so far, I have restrained myself... Asteroids was a favorite of mine in the stand-up version. I think I played it once here. Oh man... yeah, I better not, next thing I know, an hour will have slid by.

The last time I was really "into it"... I had Bungie's Marathon running on my old Mac IIci... the precursor to Halo. I stayed up all night, padded down in a nest of pillows and sofa cushions where I had moved my Mac onto the coffee table, and when I got to some higher level, lost in a maze of passageways, I turned back from a blind corner and ran smack dab into a S'pht, floating there just before me. Scared the crikey out of me. I think I had something like 2 bullets left for my pistol, and one grenade, and my health was flagging. The thing made some kind of screeching noise, or maybe that was another Phor behind a wall, but I had been running in silence for so long, lost, I had all the lights out, just the monitor on in the living room, I was immersed. It scared me with a jolt, and needless to say, I shot what I had, and died. I re-spawned, and now that I knew what was in that level, I got through, but I won't forget that S'pht just floating there.

I knew I was in too far when I came around the corner in the office hallway one day, and we had these big long rectangle windows on the courtyard, and there were HVAC guys working on the roof across the way. I came be-bopping around the corner, and my hand automatically came up like I had my trusty pistol, aimed at the workers on the roof. I was like "What?!" When the game reflexes show up in real life... I don't know what that means...

I messed with Halo a little at first, from the Mac.. and we used to have office battles in Unreal Tournament... Low G physics, Instagib, and downloaded map packs... that was an awesome, awesome, awesome FPS game, but there again, I have little self-control once I let myself in. Best not to, for me. Others seem to be able to handle it much better.

I still have dreams of halo and sniping noobs...sigh

Reactions: Hol

christ4ever777

So my dad bought me Need for Speed Rivals today and its clear as day that I've outgrown videogames. They are boring to me. I wont be wasting anymore time buying them or playing them. I will continue to do things that are productive like reading my bible and praying and growing in Christ especially since we are in the latter days and things are happening at lightening speed and growing worse everyday.

Ed Silvia

Yes, I started playing Quake on line with a 28.8 modem a long time ago. I loved that game and the virtual world. After Quake I, II & III I switched to online poker and played almost every day for 6 years and quit. Have not played in almost 2 years even though its legal in NJ. I will go back to playing at some point but only when the spirit moves me. :nod

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
No videogames, but I am so addicted to "JewelsSaga" on my phone. And am kinda ashamed of it. I never thought I would be one of "those people" who spent time swiping a phone screen.:twitch

pixelpusher

No videogames, but I am so addicted to "JewelsSaga" on my phone. And am kinda ashamed of it. I never thought I would be one of "those people" who spent time swiping a phone screen.:twitch

:lol:
I take it JewelsSaga is kind of like Tetris? I used to have one on my computer I got hooked on for a few months, called JewelBox.

Welcome to RF, JoyJoyJoy!

livin_in_the_Son

Call of duty, but the newest one Ghosts sucks. Black Ops 2 is probably the best and most colorful.

Max, my oldest son (14), wanted that game so bad!! He picked out a few t-shirts that had that graphic. But he owns Black Ops 2 and plays it. I know, it's not meant for his age, but he was raised in a military family, and he "plays war" with his action figures. In fact, and this is kinda funny, he has an on-going battle between his HALO mega blok figurines, and a few other mega-blok sets right now...we went to the store, and he was updating me on the SITREP of his men, and his casualties while we were picking up a few items...and you wouldn't believe the looks he got. :hehheh

My husband got the Need For Speed...But it's still a racing game.

bawbbert

Max, my oldest son (14), wanted that game so bad!! He picked out a few t-shirts that had that graphic. But he owns Black Ops 2 and plays it. I know, it's not meant for his age, but he was raised in a military family, and he "plays war" with his action figures. In fact, and this is kinda funny, he has an on-going battle between his HALO mega blok figurines, and a few other mega-blok sets right now...we went to the store, and he was updating me on the SITREP of his men, and his casualties while we were picking up a few items...and you wouldn't believe the looks he got. :hehheh

My husband got the Need For Speed...But it's still a racing game.
Here are my problems with ghosts:Let me preface by saying, I really enjoy the campaign and especially Extinction! It was really out of the box creative and fun.
But, this has to be the worst lag ever in a cod game. Since it is xbox 360 maybe, just maybe, it is the lack of dedicated servers. I don't know but, it is awful.

This also plays into the hit detection which maybe a symptom or a result of the aforementioned. Countless times I end up dead with no way to defend myself due to the fact that I have no idea who is killing me or from where. I look at kill cam and it turns out, that my opponent was shooting me for 3/4th of second or better but, I had no way of knowing. No blood stains or red arrow on my screen indicating that I was being shot at. In short, instant death. Even when I spot what I believe to be a helpless opponent in my sights, I end up dying because he either was not in that place, or incidentally saw me and starting shooting (and hitting me I might add) before I saw him. This was touted as the best hit detection, though lag may be impeding it, so I have yet to see it. Apparently they nerfed nearly all the guns, which I think resulted in it being only slightly better depending on the situation. Many times, there seems to be no change. I don't think it was needed; it only treated what I believe to be a symptom.

Maybe tangentially related would be amplify. Again, countless times I hear no footsteps and the above happens.