Any "preppers" out there?

Misty S

Weaponry?
Well my husband was a man of war so he got me into various firearms, blades, and medieval stuff. So far, out of all that I have tried, I like the AR-15 with Noveske hardware. My favorite knife is the Benchmade SOCP, and I love spears and 13th century arming swords and daggers. But if I am going wild woman against the horde, I will just assume I am fit, a Scottish claymore. I am sane, I promise.

alisani

Well my husband was a man of war so he got me into various firearms, blades, and medieval stuff. So far, out of all that I have tried, I like the AR-15 with Noveske hardware. My favorite knife is the Benchmade SOCP, and I love spears and 13th century arming swords amd daggers. But if I am going wild woman against the horde, I will just assume I am fit, a Scottish claymore. I am sane, I promise.
Well I have no such access. And I own no guns cough cough. But I've got some knives, a big mouth and a really bad attitude so....I like our chances.

Misty S

Well I have no such access. And I own no guns cough cough. But I've got some knives, a big mouth and a really bad attitude so....I like our chances.
Hubbs is the knife guy. I like my dainty folders and the looks of those early daggers, but that is about it. If you have a passion for those, he already likes you. He has a big mouth, too. Are you two related? Heaven forbid!

alisani

Hubbs is the knife guy. I like my dainty folders and the looks of those early daggers, but that is about it. If you have a passion for those, he already likes you. He has a big mouth, too. Are you two related? Heaven forbid!
Not Italian, so I think you're safe. Deep breaths. Scot-Irish, aged into ornery-ness and opinionated is all. :ahaha
Liquid Blades is actually my code name for him based on what I saw of his posts.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
We have added Plenny Bars to the rotation. 400 calories, all 26 vitamins and minerals, nutritionally complete with macro and micronutrients and 100% vegan. Even more convenient than the shakes, but they are more expensive than the shakes at $2.55 American per bar. That is still a great value as it is a complete and nutritous meal bar.

Reminds me of a movie named after a nutritious food with Charlton Heston in it...

alisani

I just didn't want to say Soylent Green as that creep some of us folks out...
I'm currently working on research that will discuss the viability of eco-friendly, "green" processes as they intersect with critical race theory. As it stands, I must say the mention of "Soylent Green is people" is deeply offensive and I have decided to be triggered. My sheeple will be in touch with your sheeple to work out the financial details of your restitution. And don't bother trying to tell me that you can't get blood from a turnip...I've seen the movie. I know better.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I'm currently working on research that will discuss the viability of eco-friendly, "green" processes as they intersect with critical race theory. As it stands, I must say the mention of "Soylent Green is people" is deeply offensive and I have decided to be triggered. My sheeple will be in touch with your sheeple to work out the financial details of your restitution. And don't bother trying to tell me that you can't get blood from a turnip...I've seen the movie. I know better.

I'll make it easy for you. Here's my lead lawyer's direct number: 234-555-555-5555

p.s. 234 is the country code for Nigeria. The lawyer charges by the minute to speak over the phone. $12.99 a minute for the 1st 30 minutes then $7.99 a minute for whatever additional time.

Last edited:

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I'll make it easy for you. Here's my lead lawyer's direct number: 234-555-555-5555

p.s. 234 is the country code for Nigeria. The lawyer charges by the minute to speak over the phone. $12.99 a minute for the 1st 30 minutes then $7.99 a minute for whatever additional time.

And the line is not secure and all the scammers in Nigeria are listening in for the all important cc info :lol

The lawyer would be lucky if the cc was any good by the time the consult was over :eek

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Has anyone learned anything from the pandemic that would be good to share in this thread?

The biggest thing we found is keeping ahead on prescriptions and ordering refills as soon as they can be filled. We had a couple of close calls with Dad's meds. The pharmacy had them, but the insurance company was so understaffed/behind that authorizations were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too slow, mostly because of the phone system at the insurance company. New prescriptions/those coming from actual hospitals were higher priority than refills and prescriptions coming from doctors' offices. Also, sometimes there was a backlog of prescriptions to be filled at the pharmacy because people out sick. Mail order refills have been coming more quickly than usual, so much better than going in person and waiting for literally hours (now probably about an hour or so). Mail order prescriptions also coming faster from the VA, so maybe the mail prioritizing prescriptions.

So what has everyone else learned/relearned?