Any "preppers" out there?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I heard they taste nasty.

MREs have changed a lot over the years. I've found some to be quite nasty, and others quite good. Because we flew very long missions, sometimes they'd put MREs on the plane. I think I was the only crewmember not smart enough to go grab something I like from the MRE compartment before I start my flight checklist... so if I was hungry enough to eat an MRE, it was rarely something I liked...

alisani

MREs have changed a lot over the years. I've found some to be quite nasty, and others quite good. Because we flew very long missions, sometimes they'd put MREs on the plane. I think I was the only crewmember not smart enough to go grab something I like from the MRE compartment before I start my flight checklist... so if I was hungry enough to eat an MRE, it was rarely something I liked...
There is definitely a spectrum of flavor and just how edible one might be compared to another.

Misty S

We have added Plenny Bars to the rotation. 400 calories, all 26 vitamins and minerals, nutritionally complete with macro and micronutrients and 100% vegan. Even more convenient than the shakes, but they are more expensive than the shakes at $2.55 American per bar. That is still a great value as it is a complete and nutritous meal bar.

Last edited:

alisani

If you want to see something amusing there's a guy on YouTube that eats and comments on MRE' s from all over the world and recently I watched him eat a 33 year old MRE and he liked it. Treating it like a 5 star meal. Lol.. steve1989 something.
People watching are quite amused and making funny comments.
Will definitely tune in, thanks! Stuff like this I enjoy because it gives me a chance to keep a proper perspective on all the craziness outside my door. Humor is a good thing to have. I survive on a diet of God, nature, family and laughter.