Any "New" Rapture Nearness Indicators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan51

I've always had a little trouble with this idea. I know many of you believe it here. If this is true, then all the "preaching and teaching"we have been doing now will be moot for tribulation saints. I think we are ALL saved by GRACE through FAITH--past, present and future. If trib saints are responsible for maintaining their salvation not a one of them will make into the end. And their bibles are basically useless. And since the only ones left will also be brand new believers, they won't even have anyone to teach them. Are you saying they will have to go back to the law? Burnt sacrifices? ALL of the law or just some of it? Maintaining one's own salvation? I can't make sense of this in my head. I can't find more than a verse or two to support it. Are you suggesting, as some Assembly of God churches teach, that if these tribulation saints tell a lie and then forget to ask for forgiveness right away they are doomed to hell if they should die before they get a chance to repent? I'm gonna have rewrite all my "left-behind" letters.

I have always found great comfort in this fact. I have many in my circle who have been hearing me "preach" for years and I KNOW that once the rapture occurs they are going to say, "By, Golly. She was right." But if what you are all saying is true, then all my preaching is for naught. Cuz I have always taught them OSAS. He who has been made free, is free indeed. Never once did I tell them they were going to have to maintain their own salvation. Cuz Jesus died for them, too, if they choose to believe/accept it.

Someone said above...RonJohn??...that the works of the trib saints will be the EVIDENCE of their salvation and not the REASON for it. Isn't that the same as it is now? THAT I can get behind. Whether God's focus is on Israel or the church, His promises are true. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. The alpha and omega. The beginning and the end. I think if the OSAS doctrine was revoked during the tribulation, it would be more clear in the Word. I love me some Brother Jack (and some Andy C.) but this is one area where I do not agree.

I was challenged today in my bible study time as I was listening to a teacher many of us probably follow. He challenged everyone to write down the name of one person to whom you are witnessing to/praying for and then to reach out that specific friend/person and ask how they are doing with their faith. I had a friend come right to mind and I reached out to her. I haven't heard back from her. I hope I will, but even if I dont, I am promised that His rod will not return void. We-- Holy Spirit and myself-- have been "working on her" for years and she is "this close" to getting off that fence. Do I now need to go back and tell her that I was wrong and that she should forget everything I have ever taught her about Jesus cuz it turns out, it is only true if she commits now? That it all goes out the window after the rapture? Without that OSAS doctrine, no-one would ever measure up. It's impossible. The reason we need Jesus is because we CANNOT do it on our own. Being a Christian would be JOYLESS and EXHAUSTING. Not that the tribulation is going to be joyful and easy, but I just can't see how anyone would get on board who thought their salvation was up to them.

P.S. My biggest witnessing challenge comes from the "Oh, I've lived a pretty good life. I'm okay." crowd. Not really the "I need to see it to believe it" crowd.
Dan. 9:24-27 teaches that the final seven years--the 70th week--will fulfill God's timeline with Israel. It also teaches that there is a gap of unknown length of time between the 69th and 70th years, which we know to be the church age, the dispensation of grace. Only the church receives the indwelling Holy Spirit, who seals us unto the day of redemption, so that nothing can take us out of the Father's hand. Nowhere does the Old Testament indicate that this was true in the dispensation of law. So when the church age ends at the rapture, the 70th week picks up, and will operate on the same basis as the previous 69 weeks.

paul289

Is Iran taking the Syrian Golan Heights a precursor to the Psalm 83 War, or the Magog Invasion? I think it's the Psalm 83 War. All these neighboring countries are playing nice with Iran, and Israel will want to secure its borders by taking over all the neighboring nations. I think Iran will try to influence them to attack all at once again, and when they fail, Iran will attempt to lead a greater coalition in the Magog Invasion.

paul289

Was also reading in Israel365News that a rabbi predicted that the Messiah would reveal himself on September 15th-16th of this year, disappear, then return at the same time next year with miraculous signs. His predictions are based not on the Bible, but on kabbalistic teachings, so I wonder if he's not predicting the arrival of the False Messiah, who will come with lying signs and wonders and will deceive many.

mikhen7

Freed By Christ to Serve Christ
Was also reading in Israel365News that a rabbi predicted that the Messiah would reveal himself on September 15th-16th of this year, disappear, then return at the same time next year with miraculous signs. His predictions are based not on the Bible, but on kabbalistic teachings, so I wonder if he's not predicting the arrival of the False Messiah, who will come with lying signs and wonders and will deceive many.
Paul289, what you are reporting is the fact that false prophets are out there. Be careful to not hold to anything unless it is scripturally mandated. I am sure you will. Thnks for your report.

Andy C

I would disregard everything you heard or read from this “rabbi”. There is nothing in the bible that would support his claims.

mikhen7

I will be back later tonight to read up on the thread, if the Rapture doesn't happen yet. I wanted to report on an event that happened in the Israel govt. concerning Iran. Blessings
I read this: https://israelmyglory.org/news-digest-8-26-2021/

Israel Defense Budget - Last month’s $18 billion overall defense budget for the coming year included a $620 million line for operations against Iran.
Addressing foreign diplomats at a briefing on Wednesday (25th), Gantz issued a similar warning, saying: “The State of Israel has the means to act and will not hesitate to do so. I do not rule out the possibility that Israel will have to take action in the future in order to prevent a nuclear Iran.”

He added: “Iran is only two months away from acquiring the materials necessary for a nuclear weapon. We do not know if the Iranian regime will be willing to sign an agreement and come back to the negotiation table so the international community must build a viable ‘Plan B’ in order to stop Iran in its tracks towards a nuclear weapon.”

The allocated funds are intended to purchase equipment and munitions for an attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities, which are spread across the country and are shielded by an advanced air-defense system, according to Israeli media.

The last time Israel prepared for a direct attack on Iranian sites was in 2011/2012, when the government allocated some $3.4 billion for such a purpose.

LibertyBelle

Cracked.
This is not new.
I think of knowledge and increasing travel.
Labor pains get stronger as they progress.
Knowledge and travel increase daily.

Like others were saying about the size of computers shrinking.

We are use to it. Imagine if you were born in 1900 and could have lived 110 years...awesome amounts of knowledge and unbelievable travel, even into space.
We listen to the Little House on the Prairie audio books (highly recommend), and I thought SO much about that - what people from back then would think if they could see things now. It's neat to listen to her talk about how fascinating trains and machinery was, when she was young. I found a book Laura wrote as an adult, in the ... I want to say 30's or 40's? but icr. I bought it, but have yet to read it. I'm hoping she describes how freaky it was.

RonJohnSilver

Is Iran taking the Syrian Golan Heights a precursor to the Psalm 83 War, or the Magog Invasion? I think it's the Psalm 83 War. All these neighboring countries are playing nice with Iran, and Israel will want to secure its borders by taking over all the neighboring nations. I think Iran will try to influence them to attack all at once again, and when they fail, Iran will attempt to lead a greater coalition in the Magog Invasion.
If you notice in Psalm 83, all or nearly all of the lands mentioned are today located in parts of Syria, Lebanon and Jordan. Fast forward 2500 years and all of those lands are now home to Hamas, Hezbollah, Isis, al-Qaeda and assorted terrorist groups. So, to me, it seems that Psalm 83 is referencing today's terrorist lands rather than countries like Iran, Russia, etc. But it makes the Isaiah 17 prophecy concerning the destruction of Damascus (Syria) more much likely since many terrorist attacks are launched from Damascus. All of that Psalm 83 conflict comes, I think, prior to the Gog/Magog invasion. Note in Ezekiel 38 where that battle is referenced, none of the countries are close, that is, neighbors to Israel. Why? I think because the earlier conflict (Psalm 83) destroyed them. Some time after that conflict, Iran, Russia, Turkey and the 'stans' will begin their battle. It is said to be over 'spoil'. Consider the gas/oil pipeline now being constructed from Israel to Europe. When it's finished, in 2025, it would give viable competition to Russia who now provides most of the natural gas for Europe. Russia won't like that. It would be 'Putin' them in a hard place.

mikhen7

Consider the gas/oil pipeline now being constructed from Israel to Europe. When it's finished, in 2025, it would give viable competition to Russia who now provides most of the natural gas for Europe. Russia won't like that. It would be 'Putin' them in a hard place.
100% agree. Why do the work...when they can just wait. I do believe this is part of that conflict to come.

usoutpost31

Someone said above...RonJohn??...that the works of the trib saints will be the EVIDENCE of their salvation and not the REASON for it. Isn't that the same as it is now? THAT I can get behind. Whether God's focus is on Israel or the church, His promises are true. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. The alpha and omega. The beginning and the end. I think if the OSAS doctrine was revoked during the tribulation, it would be more clear in the Word. I love me some Brother Jack (and some Andy C.) but this is one area where I do not agree.
I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.