Any info on "Before the Wrath"?

LisaJoe1986

I have been waiting patiently for "Before the Wrath" to come out ever since I heard about it on the Understanding the Times Conference video. I cannot find it in theaters. The producer had said that it would have a limited release. I also do not see it available for streaming or even mentioned on any streaming sites. It was supposed to come out today (Oct 22). Does anyone have any info on the movie?

DanLMP

Their website is here. I don't see anything that allows you to locate a theater.
I think the Oct 22 release date is for the DVD or Blu Ray.
You can order it at their website or at Olive Tree Ministries. Looks like one price is about $20.

The movie is based on a book by Jay McCarl, "The Best Day of Forever", which I have recently read and liked.

Brent Miller Jr., who runs Ingenuity Films, was at Jan's recent conference and he spoke about the movie and theme there. Look up Jan's YouTube site for his talk at the conference and for an hour segment she did with him recently on her radio show. Both were posted within the past week so they should be easy to find.

The book by McCarl, if you read it, essentially tells the whole story. I don't expect to see the movie in theaters and didn't expect to pay for the DVD so I read the book. ;)

DanLMP

This link has the trailer for the movie.

Im a little skeptical when it talks about a new discovery that proves He is coming back.

https://store.olivetreeviews.org/product/before-the-wrath-dvd/
The new discovery is the Galilean wedding model.

If you are familiar with the wedding model that Jesus strongly referenced throughout His ministry you already have the gist of it.

The idea is that Jesus was not referencing this model casually and metaphorically, He was referencing this model because that is what He will do. He will fufill the wedding model in total and we, as the bride, should expect Him to come to do just that. The wedding model provides strength to the fact that He's coming to get us but also provides the why, to get His bride.

Remember also that the movie is geared towards people who have no idea or understanding of the Jewish wedding model.

I've been reevaluating my lean towards an expectation of the Rapture occurring on a day of significance because of this. In the Jewish wedding model the groom can come for His bride on ANY day. I would expect that the grooms Father probably made sure that whatever day that was was not going to be inconvenient for the bride or conflict with other Jewish Holidays, but the day that the groom came was essentially random.

This idea preserves the orderliness of Father and provides logic to the expectation that He can come on any day.

In fact, if the grooms dad got to pick the day, he might have intentionally ruled out any days on or around Jewish Holidays and Sabbaths.

Andy C

The new discovery is the Galilean wedding model.

If you are familiar with the wedding model that Jesus strongly referenced throughout His ministry you already have the gist of it.

The idea is that Jesus was not referencing this model casually and metaphorically, He was referencing this model because that is what He will do. He will fufill the wedding model in total and we, as the bride, should expect Him to come to do just that. The wedding model provides strength to the fact that He's coming to get us but also provides the why, to get His bride.

Remember also that the movie is geared towards people who have no idea or understanding of the Jewish wedding model.

I've been reevaluating my lean towards an expectation of the Rapture occurring on a day of significance because of this. In the Jewish wedding model the groom can come for His bride on ANY day. I would expect that the grooms Father probably made sure that whatever day that was was not going to be inconvenient for the bride or conflict with other Jewish Holidays, but the day that the groom came was essentially random.

This idea preserves the orderliness of Father and provides logic to the expectation that He can come on any day.

In fact, if the grooms dad got to pick the day, he might have intentionally ruled out any days on or around Jewish Holidays and Sabbaths.
Thanks for clarification, that makes sense.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
The exciting thing about the concept of Before The Wrath is that it shows that the Rapture WILL certainly occur, because Jesus Himself said it to His disciples.

When, you ask? At the Last Supper. But how, you ask? Well, for that answer you have to understand the Galilean wedding ceremony in the same way the disciples did.

What is of particular interest in the Galilean wedding model was that the wedding contract would be written up and read in the presence of the entire community, spelling out the details of the union. Then the groom would drink wine from a cup and offer it to the bride. If she accepted the cup and drank from it (and only if she did so) the marriage covenant was then irrevocably and understandably sealed. The groom would then say to His betrothed words to the effect of: "I go now to prepare a place for you in my father's house. I will no longer drink of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in our new home."

And then he would return to his own home and village until His father told him to go get his bride.

Do the words spoken by the groom sound familiar to anyone here?

I have no doubt that to those disciples to whom Jesus spoke them they spoke volumes, for they were the words of the Galilean wedding ceremony. Therefore, once the horror of that night and the subsequent days had passed and the Holy Spirit had baptized them and filled them with boldness, the memory of the words of Jesus that night would have filled them with an absolute certainty that Jesus had betrothed them to himself and had gone to prepare a place for them. But only that, but --the covenant being sacred, unchangeable, and irrevocable--He would without a single shadow of doubt most definitely return on the future day determined by the Father to take His bride home! IT WAS GUARANTEED!!!

:yeah :yeah :yeah :yeah :yeah

DanLMP

Maybe we should have mentioned earlier..."spoiler alert", at least for the movie.

As for the surety of the Rapture, everyone should know and shouldn't have to wait for the movie.

To add onto Adrian's and my previous posts, it's also important to remember that the Groom would go get His Bride before a 7 day celebration occurred. Not in the middle or after, BEFORE.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Maybe we should have mentioned earlier..."spoiler alert", at least for the movie.

As for the surety of the Rapture, everyone should know and shouldn't have to wait for the movie.

To add onto Adrian's and my previous posts, it's also important to remember that the Groom would go get His Bride before a 7 day celebration occurred. Not in the middle or after, BEFORE.
Nice touch i see what you did there AHAHAHAH:

"the Groom would go get His Bride before a 7 day celebration occurred. Not in the middle or after, BEFORE."

Firefly

What's amazing to me is how this information is 'new'. It seems so important to how we understand the scriptures, and yet, churches didn't teach this for how many hundreds of years? Perhaps this was hidden as a result of Israel's disappearance as a nation, and now that it is a nation again, we are interested in learning more about the Jewish culture.

TimeWarpWife

I pre-ordered it on Oct. 1st, called Ingenuity Films today and the representative said that the 10/22/2019 release date had been delayed and there's now no estimated date of release. According to Olive Tree Ministries, where I heard about this dvd, their site is saying the release date will be mid to late December. What I don't like is that my card was charged when I placed the order when the release date was 10/22, and now there's not even an estimated release date. Personally, I am not happy about paying for something I have no idea when I'm going to get it, so I emailed them asking for a refund. I'll buy it when it's finally released.

Brother Albert R.

I have been waiting patiently for "Before the Wrath" to come out ever since I heard about it on the Understanding the Times Conference video. I cannot find it in theaters. The producer had said that it would have a limited release. I also do not see it available for streaming or even mentioned on any streaming sites. It was supposed to come out today (Oct 22). Does anyone have any info on the movie?
I did not see this thread until today...otherwise I would have posted the link for everyone to see it for free. Jack Hibbs church was playing this video last Friday online for anyone to see it. It was a great video that had Jack Hibbs in it as well. I have not done a personal study on the Galilean wedding ceremony, of 2000 years ago, to see if what they are saying is accurate but I will say this, I did not find anything that was not unscriptural in their presentation. My wife and I both thought that it was very interesting.
Hope you all get a chance to see it at some point,
God bless,
Albert

Brother Albert R.

The exciting thing about the concept of Before The Wrath is that it shows that the Rapture WILL certainly occur, because Jesus Himself said it to His disciples.

When, you ask? At the Last Supper. But how, you ask? Well, for that answer you have to understand the Galilean wedding ceremony in the same way the disciples did.

What is of particular interest in the Galilean wedding model was that the wedding contract would be written up and read in the presence of the entire community, spelling out the details of the union. Then the groom would drink wine from a cup and offer it to the bride. If she accepted the cup and drank from it (and only if she did so) the marriage covenant was then irrevocably and understandably sealed. The groom would then say to His betrothed words to the effect of: "I go now to prepare a place for you in my father's house. I will no longer drink of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in our new home."

And then he would return to his own home and village until His father told him to go get his bride.

Do the words spoken by the groom sound familiar to anyone here?

I have no doubt that to those disciples to whom Jesus spoke them they spoke volumes, for they were the words of the Galilean wedding ceremony. Therefore, once the horror of that night and the subsequent days had passed and the Holy Spirit had baptized them and filled them with boldness, the memory of the words of Jesus that night would have filled them with an absolute certainty that Jesus had betrothed them to himself and had gone to prepare a place for them. But only that, but --the covenant being sacred, unchangeable, and irrevocable--He would without a single shadow of doubt most definitely return on the future day determined by the Father to take His bride home! IT WAS GUARANTEED!!!

:yeah :yeah :yeah :yeah :yeah
Hey Adrian,
Can you post a link or quote the book for the info that you posted...thanks, I would like to know more.
God bless you,
Albert

Taterfield

My wife and I have the movie and watched it. Chewed through my whole baloney sandwich and grape soda pop. It was pretty fascinating. I had already read about the concept of the movie before I got it. If there is someone here on the board that can't afford a copy, if there is anyway I can get it to you, I would be happy to.

I cry at weddings. There I said it.

Brother Albert R.

Jay McCarl, "The Best Day of Forever"
Thank you very much DanLMP...don't know how I missed your post.
God bless
Albert
PS Amazon has it for $111.08.....I think I will wait until it is a little less expensive.:)
DanLMP you should put in a review because there are only 5 people who could afford the book that put an Amazon review;)

Last edited:

DanLMP

Thank you very much DanLMP...don't know how I missed your post.
God bless
Albert
PS Amazon has it for $111.08.....I think I will wait until it is a little less expensive.:)
DanLMP you should put in a review because there are only 5 people who could afford the book that put an Amazon review;)
That price is ridiculous and that's REAL interesting because I bought the Kindle edition which doesn't seem to be available on Amazon anymore.

Last edited: