Any edc fans?

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Kershaw is a brand that’s cropped up a few times seems good value
Regards

I like my Greptilian Mini (Benchmade). There's a bigger (regular) version that fits people with "normal sized" hands.

Gerber makes good stuff, but also junk, so have to watch what you get.

Leatherman quality isn't as good as it once was, but they still make some good things.

Some of the Swiss Army stuff is good, depending on what you want.

Some knives have the pocket clip going the wrong way, so the knife becomes awkward to take out of the pocket and open with one hand (the cheapie Cricket found at car parts stores in one).

Carefully check the quality, versatility, and strength of any knife or multitool and think about how it would hold up even if used for other-than-it's-intended-purpose :tappingfoot Torque (twisting or prying) is usually the force that breaks stuff, not dropping or throwing. Beating on or using as a hammer is usually the force that causes scarring, chipping, etc.

Learn to sharpen tools correctly and keep them sharp. The most dangerous knife in the kitchen/on the belt/etc. is the dull one :tappingfoot A small sharpening stone or steel . . .

sawas

OK here's a non-knife issue for EDC fans: flashlights. My wife just picked up some new ones from Duracell at Costco for around $20, which are pretty bright (550 lumens), run on 4 AAA batteries, and do not have a "parasitic drain" from the switch as many LED flashlights have had in the past (we've got at least 8 of those). They're a bit larger than the older one's we've been using.

She also picked up more rechargeable batteries & charger (from Energizer), which have also been on our list to address as well. The parasitic drain issue has resulted in a fairly high battery consumption and we'd like to deal with that from both ends (consumption and recharge). It's been a while since dealing with rechargeable batteries and don't really know what to expect. Also looking at solar/alternative recharging solutions.

Thoughts and experience would be appreciated.

Jonathan

Become interested in everydaycarry sites .. Anyone else a fan? I’m in UK so laws a bit stricter on certain items, but wouldn’t mind some suggestions on what people carry..
Regards Andy
I don't always carry concealed, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Seriously, I am partial to the Sig P365. It is just about the smallest and most concealable quality 9mm that can carry 10+1 rounds. With an inside-the-wasteband holster, you can carry it concealed it while only wearing a t-shirt assuming the t-shirt isn't tight fitting.

In really cold weather where I am donning a large coat, I carry something larger like a Walther P99 or a Sig p229.

As long as the firearms is top-notch quality (and by that, I mean REALIABLE), it then comes down to personal preference after that. And it has to be comfortable, even when sitting down in a car. You won't carry it everyday if it is causing discomfort.

sawas

I don't always carry concealed, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Seriously, I am partial to the Sig P365. It is just about the smallest and most concealable quality 9mm that can carry 10+1 rounds. With an inside-the-wasteband holster, you can carry it concealed it while only wearing a t-shirt assuming the t-shirt isn't tight fitting.

In really cold weather where I am donning a large coat, I carry something larger like a Walther P99 or a Sig p229.

As long as the firearms is top-notch quality (and by that, I mean REALIABLE), it then comes down to personal preference after that. And it has to be comfortable, even when sitting down in a car. You won't carry it everyday if it is causing discomfort.
Nice choice, IMHO, but I don't think the OP will be considering that...he's in the UK where even a locking knife is an issue, alas.

Jonathan

Nice choice, IMHO, but I don't think the OP will be considering that...he's in the UK where even a locking knife is an issue, alas.
Good point. I don't always read the full thread before jumping the gun (no pun intended). One of my best friend's is from England and he has described how restrictive the gun laws are there.

sawas

Good point. I don't always read the full thread before jumping the gun (no pun intended). One of my best friend's is from England and he has described how restrictive the gun laws are there.
Well, in be fair, I know most from other countries are so conditioned to such prohibitions that we here in the USA often seem like violence loving barbarians. I try (and often fail) to explain that this really has little or nothing to do with loving guns, but rather loving freedom and the means necessary to protect it.

Hi thanks for the replies...I’m in the UK so hand guns are a no no :p

To be honest not really sure what I think about Christian packing guns, but I think we’re skip that debate :p

seated with Christ

Three thoughts:

1. Women have always had an great advantage in regards to EDC becuase of "the purse". When men carry a bag, they tend to get funny looks from men and women, even when you aggressively assert that it is "an action bag", tactical appearances notwithstanding.

2. Ahhhh, the P38...could be many things, but...I suspect it is one of these (which is found on my key chain as well):

p38-can-opener11.jpg

3. Nice list.
That is a military can opener.