Anti's Life Change

antitox

God's plan for our lives is an amazing journey. Here's what happened to me, but in no way does it include the many other things that He has done. When I was 5 yrs old living in Metarie, Louisiana, I could feel God watching me even though I didn't know Him. From very young I was very intuitive. I would have times where I found myself screaming and crying because I saw something in the room and was in fear. I didn't see it visually, I could just tell it was there. My dad would be holding me trying to calm me down. He and Mom would say , "oh, he has such an imagination." As I got older that stopped. I was 12 yrs old when I went to a Christian camp run by an ex-NFL linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys. At that camp I accepted Jesus. But later on it all faded away and so for the next 12 yrs I was doing my own thing playing in bands in the bars, etc. At the end of that 12 yrs at the age of 24 I was at a point where I asked the question, "What is all this for? What's the point of all of this?" (Asking what is the reason for this life). So I made a decision: I grabbed a Living Bible and said, "I'm going to find out what this is all about." I had two weeks before I started my new job, so this was ample time to dig in. I read it from cover to cover. I found the Old Testament really interesting, so I didn't lose interest or the commitment to read the whole thing. At the point of the gospels, I exclaimed, "This is it!! This is what it's all about!!" At that very moment I could literally feel God descend thru my ceiling and alight down upon me completely. My mind was opened.....so clear....His beautiful Spirit was so clean....so transparent....so pure.... I was completely blown away. Completely. In awe, .....after some minutes I just walked outside and gazed at the Texas sky. Never had anything seemed so clear....so blue ....to me. That was The Change. It was real, it was right, and my life went in a different direction from there. When that happens, there's no mistake about it, you have been touched by the Living God. I really believe that supernatural touch of God leaves an indelible impression that never goes away. It always reminds you of His reality. And it has kept me committed and I'm thankful for it.

Lynn

Longing for Home
that supernatural touch of God leaves an indelible impression that never goes away. It always reminds you of His reality
Yes! We're never the same after that genuine desire & commitment to give ourselves totally to the Lord, no matter what. For awhile after I was saved (at age 38), I had a hard time having a conversation with my husband without including Scripture in many of my sentences. He wasn't saved at the time & he asked if I could just talk without mentioning Isaiah, etc., all the time. I was 'in love' with God's Word and could see how it fit in so well with whatever discussion we were having. It seems kind of humorous to me now, to think how I was a bit 'over the top' but new Christians often are. Most likely our conversations now would be better if we included more of God's Word along the way to keep our focus on Him.
Thanks for your great testimony antitox!

Sowen

At the point of the gospels, I exclaimed, "This is it!! This is what it's all about!!" At that very moment I could literally feel God descend thru my ceiling and alight down upon me completely. My mind was opened.....so clear....His beautiful Spirit was so clean....so transparent....so pure.... I was completely blown away. Completely.
Hallelujah! You've described that eureka moment perfectly. Thanks for sharing.