Another woke business in for a surprise??

Bethlehem57

I will never compromise my faith for anything.
Prople can do what they want to, but at what cost?
What a sorry state of affairs we are embroiled in...
We really are, as a nation at least.
They can keep all their wokeness! And they can kill me only once, but they cannot have my soul. It is written on my Savior’s hand and no one can take me away from Him. We all have that assurance. That is our blessed hope, what we look for, more now than ever before!

pixelpusher

I don't mind boycotting Target or Budweiser, they don't have anything I need. I can go without the fast food too. But one place I'm not boycotting is the local grocery store because I can't become a Breatharian, nor do I want to. And the grocery store is one of the places I get the whole alphabet thing shoved in my face daily. There is actually an award sticker on the glass doors to the store, they are "Voted Most LGBT Friendly Place to Work". It is discrete, and placed about waist level, but there.

It's hard to remember they are the mission field, not the enemy. When it makes me mad, He taps my shoulder :whisper and whispers "Mission field...". I've yet to actually DO anything with that information, except trying not to hate the individual(s). One of these days I may be able to smile or find some way to comment to point them to the Lord.

TimeWarpWife

PixielPusher, I understand where you're coming from. Walmart is and has been for quite some time woke. When I went to their website and typed in "pride," they have an entire section devoted to the ABC Activists. A few years ago I walked into my local WM and was met with an entire section of stuff dedicated to "pride." Evidently, people must have complained because it was quickly removed and I haven't seen it in the actual store since then. We have to be careful with our pennies, thanks to the new way the company who bought out dh's old store has decided to pay the employees, and WM usually has cheaper prices than the other local grocery stores. We don't want to become "bretharians" either, so we don't have any choice but to shop at WM and wherever else we can get the cheapest priced items. Or we could move to NYC, SF, or Chicago and simply shoplift the stuff we need. :rotfl I'm only kidding because with all that's going on in this world and now with dh's job, I need a laugh otherwise I'm going to :sob all the time.

Last edited:

GotGrace

PixielPusher, I understand where you're coming from. Walmart is and has been for quite some time woke. When I went to their website and typed in "pride," they have an entire section devoted to the ABC Activists. A few years ago I walked into my local WM and was met with an entire section of stuff dedicated to "pride." Evidently, people must have complained because it was quickly removed and I haven't seen it in the actual store since then. We have to be careful with our pennies, thanks to the new way the company who bought out dh's old store has decided to pay the employees, and WM usually has cheaper prices than the other local grocery stores. We don't want to become "bretharians" either, so we don't have any choice but to shop at WM and wherever else we can get the cheapest priced items. Or we could move to NYC, SF, or Chicago and simply shoplift the stuff we need. :rotfl I'm only kidding because with all that's going on in this world and now with dh's job, I need a laugh otherwise I'm going to :sob all the time.
:laugh

Be careful with those sticky fingers TW Wife. It would be your luck to get your picture in the newspaper, and then they would find out you are a Christian and throw the book at you.

:jail

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
:laugh

Be careful with those sticky fingers TW Wife. It would be your luck to get your picture in the newspaper, and then they would find out you are a Christian and throw the book at you.

:jail
So true :bible scripture tells us:fish said if they hated me they will hate you too. Also, scripture :bible tells us be not conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
New word for me. From Wikipedia...

Inedia (Latin for 'fasting') or breatharianism (/brɛˈθɛəriənɪzəm/) is the claimed ability for a person to live without consuming food, and in some cases water. It is a pseudoscientific practice and several adherents of these practices have died from starvation or dehydration.

I have never heard of this type thing.

We want to avoid evil but we have to live in this world and I agree..personally, I have to shop local stores too...regardless of politics. The Lord knows our hearts and intentions.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I found a comprehensive list of woke corporations online... don't have the link now, but there were hundreds and hundreds. If people tried to boycott them all, you'd really have to learn how to live in a cave completely separated from civilization.

Andy C

I found a comprehensive list of woke corporations online... don't have the link now, but there were hundreds and hundreds. If people tried to boycott them all, you'd really have to learn how to live in a cave completely separated from civilization.
I think the one against Target will not last. However, the one against Budweiser will last because there are many, many different options for beer drinkers. Thats not always the case for stores like a target.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I think the one against Target will not last. However, the one against Budweiser will last because there are many, many different options for beer drinkers. Thats not always the case for stores like a target.

Years ago when Target thought it was okay for freaks to use whichever restroom they chose there was a lot of noise and a boycott that seemed pretty serious. Their stock valuation dipped a tiny bit initially but between then and now the company became worth more than it ever was. Earlier they had a pretty nasty quarter (before this new boycott) and their stock took a big hit, but not boycott related.

The thing with Budweiser is Anheuser-Busch InBev has approximately 400 beer brands globally. The chance of a beer drinker switching to another of their brands v.s. a competitor's brand is highly probable. Bud-lite may die on the vine but it would actually be pretty amazing if the boycott hurt the company long term.

Andy C

Years ago when Target thought it was okay for freaks to use whichever restroom they chose there was a lot of noise and a boycott that seemed pretty serious. Their stock valuation dipped a tiny bit initially but between then and now the company became worth more than it ever was. Earlier they had a pretty nasty quarter (before this new boycott) and their stock took a big hit, but not boycott related.

The thing with Budweiser is Anheuser-Busch InBev has approximately 400 beer brands globally. The chance of a beer drinker switching to another of their brands v.s. a competitor's brand is highly probable. Bud-lite may die on the vine but it would actually be pretty amazing if the boycott hurt the company long term.
Target is getting hit, at least for now, by both sides. Non woke conservatives are mad at the Gay Pride themed clothing displays, so in many stores, especially in the south, Target removed some displays entirely, or moved it to the rear of the store. This upset the Gays, who are also protesting Target for being ”insensitive“ and caving to “bigots” of their cause. Hilarious.

GotGrace

Target is getting hit, at least for now, by both sides. Non woke conservatives are mad at the Gay Pride themed clothing displays, so in many stores, especially in the south, Target removed some displays entirely, or moved it to the rear of the store. This upset the Gays, who are also protesting Target for being ”insensitive“ and caving to “bigots” of their cause. Hilarious.
People are telling Tarshay “don’t target out kids.”

Momma D

I don't drink anything alcoholic, but for the lack of anything better to do, I
checked out the list of beer brands made by Busch. I was surprised at how many were listed, including several that are now being pushed in tv commercials!
If beer drinkers are serious about boycotting the company that makes the offending product, that is a definite to-do thing.

Back