Another Shocking Thing in Mormonism?

Set free 47

I watched a TV show recently on the FLDS and one of them stated that they believe that Jesus had multiple wives from among his followers. If they do believe this, then it is not in the Bible. This older FLDS woman who said this had numerous children and husbands and was part of their "prophet Jeffs" cult was interviewed and stated that Jesus had multiple wives during his earthly ministry. Could this be a shocking belief of not only the FLDS as well as all Mormons?

paul289

If Jesus married, then he has not stayed pure for his Bride, the Church. The Bible, likewise, says that a king should not have many wives. The reality, however, is that they do not care about the theological implications of Jesus being married. It is only used as a tool for power. Power over women by having authority over many, and power over men by taking the wives they would have otherwise had. And of course, there's the personal gratification factor. For those really deep in Mormonism, I believe there's also a magic aspect that makes the marital relations ritualistic, much like in other pagan cults. In the end, Mormonism and its offshoots are tools of Satanic deception.

Set free 47

The thing I was asking is whether this is true: that the FLDS and Mormons in general believe this heresy, that Jesus was married to several wives like Mary Magdaline and others. If He had he would have broken the Jewish Law and could not be our perfect redeemer. Think of the ramifications; with even one wife, he would no longer be God's only Son if a wife produced a male child. I can't seem to verify if these twisted FLDS cultists believe this. My info. comes from this TV show on the FLDS Warren Jeffs cult and this older woman interviewed who may have been one of Jeffs many wives who said, "multiple wives are ok, even Jesus had more than one wife," according to her interview on the VICE channel show. Jeffs of course is in prison serving a long sentence but still runs this cult from jail as their absloute dictator and "prophet." The VICE cable channel is a kind of left leaning channel, but has done numerous shows on the FLDS mostly about women trying to escape polligamy.

cheeky200386

I just can't imagine a man trying to have sex with me after having sex with another woman.:puke

I really don't know how the women in the Bible did it, like those married to Jacob, David, Solomon, etc...

Set free 47

I don't think polligamy was God's design. I think in nomatic societies this was done for practical purposes, to assure a male heir.
Then there was also the thing with concubines.

Jaybird

God created Adam & Eve. Adam did not have multiple wives.

Why would you want more than one wife anyway? It's hard enough trying to stay married to one person!

cheeky200386

I don't think polligamy was God's design. I think in nomatic societies this was done for practical purposes, to assure a male heir.
Then there was also the thing with concubines.
I still can't imagine how gross that must have been for the women. Yuck.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
Isaiah 4:1
On that day seven women will seize one man, saying, “We will eat our own bread and provide our own clothing. Just let us be called by your name. Take away our disgrace.”

Consider that for many ages, even into our own, women were as property. Do not force our American value on an older system. You need to understand how important it was for a woman to have a husband, even if it meant sharing.

Without a man, often they had only their bodies to barter for food. Some never shared a bed, but just wanted the name connection.

The idea that Jesus had wife/wives is only an effort to to eliminate the God part from the God-Man. The Last Temptation, DaVinci Code and no doubt much other trash has been created to humanize Jesus and render Him nothing but a good man.

Jesus is the spotless Lamb of God.

It is the primary spotting feature of most cults : an alternate Jesus not Emmanuel.

cheeky200386

Isaiah 4:1
On that day seven women will seize one man, saying, “We will eat our own bread and provide our own clothing. Just let us be called by your name. Take away our disgrace.”

Consider that for many ages, even into our own, women were as property. Do not force our American value on an older system. You need to understand how important it was for a woman to have a husband, even if it meant sharing.

Without a man, often they had only their bodies to barter for food. Some never shared a bed, but just wanted the name connection.

The idea that Jesus had wife/wives is only an effort to to eliminate the God part from the God-Man. The Last Temptation, DaVinci Code and no doubt much other trash has been created to humanize Jesus and render Him nothing but a good man.

Jesus is the spotless Lamb of God.

It is the primary spotting feature of most cults : an alternate Jesus not Emmanuel.
I'm not sure I understand your point with the quote. That was specifically a curse that came upon the Israelites for disobedience. The men were wiped out and so the women were in desperate situations.

That is not what God wanted in regards to marriage. He wants one man and one woman. I'm not sure if you were implying that is an American value, because it is a biblical one.

If you didn't mean that then please disregard. I might have just misunderstood your post.

Kerbluey

I guess I never thought of these polygamists, both current and biblical, as marrying for love/infatuation so I never thought they’d be upset about multiple sex partners. Sarah sent Abraham to her servant just to have a kid, so I think their priorities were probably different. I can’t conceive of sending my husband to my hairdresser, for instance, just for a child. As a modern person it sounds ridiculous to me and gross.

I can’t remember who, but someone in the Bible had so many wives I counted it up and the amount of sex he’d had to have had to make the rounds was impressive. It was a tough life but some poor guy had to do it, haha.

katt

I guess I never thought of these polygamists, both current and biblical, as marrying for love/infatuation so I never thought they’d be upset about multiple sex partners. Sarah sent Abraham to her servant just to have a kid, so I think their priorities were probably different. I can’t conceive of sending my husband to my hairdresser, for instance, just for a child. As a modern person it sounds ridiculous to me and gross.

I can’t remember who, but someone in the Bible had so many wives I counted it up and the amount of sex he’d had to have had to make the rounds was impressive. It was a tough life but some poor guy had to do it, haha.
That would be Solomon, 500 wives, 500 concubines, giving him 1000, if he made his rounds, that would be about 3 a day in a year, our year, don't know about his. If it were me, I wouldn't complain if he only saw one a day and I was last. Or to get it over with and only to get it over with, first.

pythons

Mormonism believes that Father God had sexual intercourse with Mary not unlike a regular human man has sex with a woman.

Christ was begotten by an immortal Father in the same way that mortal men are begotten by mortal fathers.” (Mormon Doctrine, 1966, p. 547)

At the same time Mormons will say Mary was a virgin however this is possibly by their redefining (pouring a new definition into the word) "virgin" - it is said that Mary DIDN'T have sex with a mortal man, she rather was bread by an immortal God. The Seventh-day Adventists do the same sort of thing with the Trinity Doctrine whereby they promulgate that 3 separate Beings are united in character and purpose and IN ONLY THAT WAY are "ONE".

Back