Another old member here

iboya

I've been on a painful journey the past few years as my daughter was murdered and my son committed suicide on her one year death anniversary. I came home from her memorial to find him dead.

God is so good, He is faithful when nothing makes sense. When the pain is unbearable God completely takes over. I am living Romans chapter 8. The funny thing is when I was saved at 13 my life verse was Rom 8:28. I still wake up years later reliving all the pain on some days. Then I realize the pain is a way of keeping my kids close to me.

A Christian friend of mine lost her adult son to an opioid overdose a year ago and she told me she finally understands what I am going through. And I told her I know what she is going through. There is an unspoken knowledge and love that transcends the agony of losing a child to a seemingly senseless death. God is close to the broken hearted and carries us in ways only He understands. You see God in ways only the darkness of agonizing pain can reveal. You walk with God in the heights of trust and obedience when you surrender and embrace the flames of the trials you find yourself in.

I can honestly say still to this day that I forgive my daughter's killer, her husband. A man I considered my second son. I constantly pray for him and trust him to God's eternal care.
Rom8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Last edited:

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to RF; but please allow me to express my sorrow for all you have suffered.

And yet ... when I see a testimony such as yours, I can only glorify God in my heart and mind. What love and care He provides to you; what a testimony to His goodness is your faith. There are great rewards for faithfulness under trials: above all, the Crown of Life (James 1:12; Revelation 2:10). One day you will learn how God used your faithfulness to bring souls into His Kingdom and to sustain them there. I look forward to witnessing that moment of your reward.

chaser

:waveWelcome to RF , sorry to hear what you have had to endure, this world is full of hurt , our God is able to heal and sustain us on this temporary journey to our real home with Him, thank you for sharing something so difficult, glad you are here.

Lynn

iboya, please accept my sincere sympathy in the loss of your precious son and daughter.
On a piece of paper, I just now copied some of your post that is a blessing to read. Thank you for writing these words: "You see God in ways only the darkness of agonizing pain can reveal. You walk with God in the heights of trust and obedience when you surrender and embrace the flames of the trials you are in." Thank you for joining our Rapture Forums family. We welcome you here.