Annoying people yakking in the theater

HisGloryIsPrecious

How many of you have had this problem? It seems lately everywhere I go there is always someone people talking behind me. In the movie theater, at a concert, sometimes even in church. Last night I took my mom to see Josh Groban in NYC and these young guys, (Are young guy really Josh Groban fans?) would not stop talking. I turned around several times but they would not stop. At least it did not bother my mom, and Josh Groban was great. Getting there caused so much anxiety that I asked for prayers about it. The Limo company was great and I cried when I heard the song “Bring Him Home” but these guys yakking uhh!

HisGloryIsPrecious

I'd never heard of Josh Grogan and I've never been in a limo, though my truck is probably as long as one so that might count. People where I Iive are thoughtful for the most part. I'm glad your mom enjoyed the experience and you got to share it with her, which is a nice blessing.
He is best known for a song called “You Raise Me Up” This was the first time I ever rented a limo. I was in one years ago. The only reason we did this was because my mom is elderly and walks with a cane. Price each way where I was coming from was about the cost of a cross country plane ticket. Mom deserved the VIP treatment but I don’t think we will be doing anything for a while.

Jan51

I dislike it too, but must admit, once my family was watching a movie in the theater and we were "those people!" And rightly so! My husband and boys worked on that movie, "Lightning Jack," and had all been extras. My husband's brother worked in the movies, mostly westerns like this one, and being head wrangler, had got my husband a job as wrangler. Wranglers often doubled as extras, and the boys got hired since they were around all the time and had an "in" because of Uncle Jerry. So there was lots of excited whispering as we saw their scenes, and other scenes they had helped with behind the scenes, and scenes with various people they had come to know. There was lots of shushing by people around us, but oh well!!

HisGloryIsPrecious

I dislike it too, but must admit, once my family was watching a movie in the theater and we were "those people!" And rightly so! My husband and boys worked on that movie, "Lightning Jack," and had all been extras. My husband's brother worked in the movies, mostly westerns like this one, and being head wrangler, had got my husband a job as wrangler. Wranglers often doubled as extras, and the boys got hired since they were around all the time and had an "in" because of Uncle Jerry. So there was lots of excited whispering as we saw their scenes, and other scenes they had helped with behind the scenes, and scenes with various people they had come to know. There was lots of shushing by people around us, but oh well!!
I'll admit when I was younger, once in a while I made a funny comment in the movie theater and people would snicker. It was back in the 80's when everyone wasn't so touchy. It just seems like the people who talk, not whisper through an entire show are following me. It happens every time me and my boyfriend go to a movie. One time a group of teenage girls walked into the theater mid movie while we were watching one of the Lego movies He screamed at them. At the top of his lungs to shut up. It was like all the tension he was holding back from the other incidents got to him The girls in fright ran out of the theater. I thought they were going to call security. Later I thought it was funny that this 50 something year old man flipped out because he couldn't watch his cartoons. :lol

yrrek

One year we went and a lady brought a newborn. It cried through the whole movie. No… screamed through it all. It was an action movie with lots of loud effects and sudden explosions. It wouldn’t be so annoying if movies weren’t expensive.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
One year we went and a lady brought a newborn. It cried through the whole movie. No… screamed through it all. It was an action movie with lots of loud effects and sudden explosions. It wouldn’t be so annoying if movies weren’t expensive.

When we were new parents we'd take our baby and go to the dollar theatre. If our infant daughter started to make any noise at all one of us would take her out of the theatre until she quieted down.