Angels

TexasThunder

Psalm 18:2
Just something I have been thinking about lately. I know that the angels are Gods servants, messengers, and warriors, but we also know from scripture as in the book of Revelations that the angels are very busy and are spoken of often. Angels are or will be doing battle in the spiritual realm, as seen in the book of Daniel.

I cannot think of any proper scripture, but do angels help us here on earth, can we see them? Will they become busy here on earth as the end times become more pronounced the closer we come to the Rapture? I know that I have seen and felt the Lord work in my life and help me, but I cannot think of a time when I may have met an angel.

I know that we are over the angels, even though God created them as He did us. But we are the children of God and loved more than we can imagine. To me this gives us a glimps into the roles of angels and us as His children. Jesus did not die for the angels, He died because he loved us, and rose again so that we could be with him for all eternity! I am just curious if the angels will be more involved with our lives as world gets darker.:scratch:

Hebron

What a good question :thumbup
First of all if we have entertained angels which the Bible tells us that some people have.
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares". Hebrews 13:2
Most people seem to think that angels have wings but this is not so, angels in the Bible come in the form of man so it would maybe be a little hard to tell if you have met one. But this does not mean that they don't play a part in a believers life infact they look down in awe of what is happening with the Gospel and the Church (body of Christ)
!Peter1:12
It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.
Also Some Angels are able to approach the Throne of God regarding children
Matt18:10
10 “Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.

Angels also look down into the assemblies of His people and look at the women who show God the Glory instead of man, who she initially was made for. As Man was made in the image of God so woman was made in mans image and she covers her head to give God the authority not the man
1Corinthians11:10

For this reason, and because of the angels, the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head.

!Corinthians 11:13
Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered?

Quite a contentious subject the latter but one in which Angels themselves see woman giving God the Glory.
Hope this helps a bit

mattfivefour

I have never seen one. But my first wife most definitely did see one when she was in physical need one day. A man (she told me he was very confident and gentle looking) appeared suddenly beside her and helped her with her problem. She turned to grab her purse and thank him, but when she turned around a second or two later nobody was there. And a once close friend of mine had an angel appear immediately after an accident at night on a deserted country road and reassure them, telling them the police were on their way. The police showed up within a couple of minutes; but they said nobody had reported any accident, they just happened to be driving by. Further there was no other car, and no sign of the man who had comforted my friend the second the accident had ended.

PraisingHimAlways

watching and waiting
I've never seen an angel, but no doubt I know I've been protected...had a bad auto accident back in '95 where I should have been killed, or at the very least, injured. Didn't have a cut or scratch on me (yet there was broken glass all over me), and the other person involved was fine too.

I also remember I had Michael W. Smith's "Agnus Dei" playing just before impact...:thinking:

Our God is a gracious, merciful God....:yeah:

Thought of another day...where I was driving...coming close a corner...slowed down, 'cause I thought maybe someone might be trying to pass a truck or something in the oncoming lane..sure enough..car had just enough time to get over or would've hit me head on...and then, (same day) couldn't see the stoplight...sun shining...thought it was green...it wasn't...had to stop fast...u-haul truck behind me...no way he could've stopped that fast without hitting me...it was like watching him stop in 'slow motion'...

Last edited:

Hebron

I believe the biggest majority who have been in the presence of an angel were completely unaware.
Also we only see by human eyes if we saw with Spiritual eyes we would be blown away with what was actually present.

mikalikat

Citizen
I was assisted by an angel one night in a very dark and dangerous section of Portland. I have never forgotten that night or the angel and his appearance, personality, everything about that time. It's etched crystal clear and it was beautiful. I love them.

A24AW

Yup! I have on several occasions. Since I travelled through out the world as a child, my family and I would get into situations that only God's angels could help get us out. Later as a young adult, I was backpacking in Greece with two other friends. At the time Greece and the US diplomatic relations were very strained. We were downtown in Athens at the main square where several roads came together and a large fountain was located. (Anyone who has been to Athens knows the location of which I am discussing.) Opposite the fountain was a large cafe. We had stopped to have an iced coffee and noticed that the wait staff was picking up the table and chairs. I thought to myself, hmmm... Saturday around 2:00pm ...major tourist area... could be closed for afternoon break, but why pick up all the tables and chairs for a two hour break.....hmmmm...not unless they think they are going to be broken...why would tables and chairs be broken?....Oh no! :ohno Out of one of the side streets leading into the plaza came the familiar sound of a DEMONSTRATION! Yup and it was anti-American. And here we are in our Levi's jeans and our hair in ponytails-our clothes looked and screamed American. I knew we were in trouble, unfortunately my two friends did not.

Out of a far side street, three young guys approached us. Each one "attached" themselves to us mirroring every move we made. I personally was a little freaked out by it. You know us Americans-we like our space. What was interesting was that each one of the guys perfectly matched each of our heights. Knowing that the demonstration was going to come down the street, I began to pray in my heart for God to help us. The "leader" of the guys turned to me and said " we are here to help". One of my friends asked him some questions about who he was and where he was from,..yadda, yadda, yadda. He said that he was from an area between Lebanon and Israel but the country no longer exists and that he spoke Aramaic. My friend said "Aramaic? Isn't that a dead language?" :scratch: Then she asked how did he get his blue eyes if he was from the Middle East. He mentioned that there were some that had blue eyes. At this point I was thinking to myself, :thinking:hmmm...the only blue eyed middle easterner I know of is Jesus Christ. He whipped his head around and lovingly stared into my eyes and said with deep passion, "You know of blue eyed middle easterners!!" Now I know I DID NOT say anything out loud. How did he know what I said?:scratch: Meanwhile I go back to my praying to God. Oh my God---Please help us!!!! Please don't let the demonstrators use us as examples!!:pray:He turns back to me again and says "We are here to help! It is not safe for you. We are here to help you."

Other really wierd things happened, but for the sake of boring or lack of comprehension due to my pathetic writing skills, I will not discuss them. In the end, the demonstration came down the street. The "leader" angel asked us to stand very, very close together. I looked down at my watch it was 2:00pm. About 15 minutes later I looked at my watch again and it was 4:20pm and the demonstration was breaking up. Ok...where did the time go??? :shocked The 'leader" then said that we are safe now. My friend turned to him and asked "What just happened? Are you an angel?" His response was that they had come as a fulfillment to a prayer. He said to my friend "You will not remember this because it was not your prayer that was fulfilled." He turned to my other friend and said, "You will not remember this because it was not your prayer that was fulfilled." He turned to me and said, "You will remember this because it was your prayer that was fulfulled." I think I turned white. Then he said for us to not follow them because their work was done and they had to leave. Now, some guy shows up in the middle of a crisis, basically tells me that he and his buddies are angels and that they have answered my prayer do you really think I'm not going to follow them. Yeah, right! I took off after them after they turned to leave. They turned the corner and ran down one of the side streets. I got to the corner and they were gone.

My friends remembered the event that night and the next morning. But three days (yes, 3 days) later I mentioned the "angels" who came to help us. Both of my friends asked me what I was talking about. As the "leader angel" had said, they didn't remember anything but standing in the plaza.

Here is what I learned from that incident.
#1: Jesus Christ is real
#2: Angels are real
#3: There is a time difference/distortion between heaven and earth
#4: Prayers are heard
#5: Prayers are answered
#6: Telepathy is exists
#7: I can't out run angels

God is good all the time:bighug

Robert

I have never seen an angel.

That being said, I'm sure more than once they have come to my aid.

micah719

an adopted son of The Most High God John 6:37-40
Not 100% sure if it was an angel or a man with something else inside, but it was certainly blackest evil, sly, smooth, intelligent, seductive, wealthy. Came out of nowhere in a bookshop and started drawing my friend to some clearly worldly books on the philosophy shelf, and when I confronted it with the Scripture where The Lord spoke about a man gaining the world and losing his soul (repeated when it appeared shocked at the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth), it retreated into the store...we bought a book about photography of places where the Lord had actually walked in His ministry (a gift for a friend), and left. The thing had vanished. Was a weird experience, the presence of this being was very creepy indeed.

This was the weirdest one; though I've had more exciting ones, such as the one where a man grabbed a knife and came at me screaming obscenities about "your Jesus" because I had offered to pray for him (I hadn't mentioned Who to, but somehow he knew and I suspect, feared). Hmmm, I think we should pray more often, and be thankful that we can't see the spiritual war going on around us. I'm not sure if I've met a real angel but we are notified that some have entertained them unawares, so it is possible. Praise and thanks be to the Lord, and may He strengthen His loyal servants that minister to Him and us. Especially the ones guarding Israel...

LivnForChrist

Jesus Christ is Lord
The first encounter I remember, I didn't actually see anyone. I was a kid
about walking down the street. I was totally absorbed in thought and
wasn't watching where I was going. I heard someone call my name and
felt someone grab me from behind at the same time. I halted instantly....
as a car drove by swiftly. One more step and I would have been dead! Of
course, there was no one anywhere near there.

Another encounter I remember was 2 or 3 years after I got saved. I
was a stay at home mom with small kids and had been feeling overwhelmed
and slightly depressed. I had to take my husband to work one morning about
3 am in the dead of winter. I dropped him off and was driving back down a pretty
much deserted road. Not a car nor soul in sight. Now, we had just paid cash
for a one year old Crown Victoria and it ran like a top. Smooth as butter. Suddenly
the car went dead. Just out of no where it quit on me! Would not start. I was thinking
My God, I'm in trouble. Then, I noticed out of no where someone knocking on my
car window beckoning for me to roll down the window. I thought to myself..."it's a
serial killer. I'm dead! Then I said well Lord, I'm in your hands." I rolled down
the window just a couple of inches and the person said "Jesus loves you"
and disappeared out of sight. I sat there for a second or two pondering what
just happened and then started the car and it purred to life. Never had another
second of trouble out of it for as long as we had it. Before pulling off, I opened the
driver door to see if I saw footprints in the snow, there were none. I drove home
thanking and praising God!

bghtnpd4

Home with Jesus ... waiting for you all.
Sorry guys, I need to close this thread....please read the rules before posting. Thanks

[07]No Dream threads or threads supporting 'Words of Knowledge', WOF, Angel or Ghost sightings, Rapture dreams or prophetic visions, Words of Faith, Bible Codes, personal spiritual encounters, astrology, star gazing, Rapture trumpet sounds, the Hebrew zodiac, Jesus comets, personal messages or words from God, personal letters from Jesus, self perceived signs of future events, unique events perceived as signs from God, personal prophecies, cloud formations, Holy Laughter, psychic abilities, trips to heaven or hell and back, or any other subjective experiences that suggest these observations are common Christian experiences.
We encourage you to study and read from God's Word and keep a credible appearance before the watching world. (II Timothy 2:15) Dream threads spiral down into subjective vain reasonings and will be closed or removed.

bghtnpd4

Home with Jesus ... waiting for you all.
Since Chris has allowed us to keep the thread open I wanted to share my experiences. I have had one specific experience where myself and the friend who led me to Christ may have seen an angel. We were both 17 years old on a choir trip to London, England. We were in the center of a large oval with one way in and one way out when a man approached us. He was wearing all black and had black hair, blue eyes, and fair skin. He asked us if he could have some money for coffee. We told him where we were from and that we only had a small amount of money left and couldn't spare any. He looked at us both and smiled and said, "It's ok, I understand". We turned around to go and then immediately both turned right back around and he had vanished. There was nowhere for him to have gone and no one else was in the oval. We headed back to our bus and didn't speak of the incident for many months later out of fear we would each think the other one crazy.

However, one day one of us mentioned the incident and we began to relay our feelings and thoughts about it and they were exactly identical. We both said:

We felt as if he knew us and we knew him
He knew our thoughts and feelings
We were enveloped in a sense of peace and security in his presence and were drawn to him
He was there to encourage us because Jesus loves us

The other experience I have had was much less dramatic...I was driving home late one night from work. I am always afraid to drive at night for fear I will hit an animal trying to cross the highway. So, for many years now I have prayed each time I drive at night that Jesus would keep His animals from running in front of my car because it is so devastating emotionally for me when I hit and kill them because I love animals so much. (Call me kooky, it won't offend me a bit. It's just who I am :lol:) So, I had just begun to pray when out of the corner of my eye I see a huge deer barreling up the embankment and right toward my car. As he reached the top of the hill, for a split second I saw a large man appear right in front of the deer with his arms outstretched. The deer then turned on a dime and ran full force back down the embankment and into the woods. The second the deer turned, the man was gone. I then told Jesus thank you for hearing my prayer and sending His angel to protect me and the deer.

mattfivefour

Beautiful, Shelle! I love these stories because I find they glorify God who cares so much for each one of us, showing us how His hand is in each of our lives in miraculous ways when in His love and wisdom He sees it necessary. And, after all, "are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?" —Hebrews 1:14

A24AW

Beautiful, Shelle! I love these stories because I find they glorify God who cares so much for each one of us, showing us how His hand is in each of our lives in miraculous ways when in His love and wisdom He sees it necessary. And, after all, "are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?" —Hebrews 1:14

:thumbup I'm enjoying reading the stories as well. Glad the thread remained open.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
These are SUCH encouraging stories! Sometimes in my struggles I forget how much God LOVES us. Ok, going to enjoy the warm fuzzies..........

mlb

I'm not sure wheather I've seen an Angel, but I believe one save my life about three years ago.....
I had taken our tractor and traylor down to a back block on our property where we live, to gather some firewood. It was a winter afternoon in July (Australian winter).I had filled the traylor and was on my way home, I had to go through a gate that I closed behind me on the way out.
I had to now open the gate to pass back into my home block, I put the tractor in nuetral and put on the park brake ,climbed down from the tractor and walked to the gate. As I was opening the gate I felt, what I thought at the time to be the tractor slam into my back, I was pushed into the gate and down to the ground, but as I fell I was sure I heard a voice say to me ROLL, and I did, about three time and the tractor rolled past me missing me by inches.
I was safe exept for a bruised knee. After I stood up and looked at what had happened I realised that the tractor could not have hit me, because my left leg was hit by the right front wheel and twisted my knee bruising it. The tractor grill that I thought hit me was about two feet to my left and could not have slammed into my back.......
I now believe that Our God sent an angel to knock me out of the way and saved my life, and if I did not roll when I heard that voice the tractor would have rolled over me, if not killing me,it would have broken bones for sure. That's what I believe and my expirience with an Angel.

LivnForChrist

Jesus Christ is Lord
Wow mlb that's awesome. I believe it was an angel too sent by God to save you.
These stories are encouraging me as well. I'm glad that the thread was re-opened.
To God our Heavenly Father be all the glory!

JC1949

I see an "angel" every morning when ( AFTER COFFEE) I see my face in the mirror.....:pound:before coffee,I don't dare to look,the grumpy old man would stare at me and .......ok,ok,just kidding:rolleyes
yes,angels are real,BUT,I 'd rather see JESUS.....:hat::elmogrin

Back