andrew farley

iwilltrustintheLord

i shared a thread from here on the guy and sent it to an old h.s. baseball buddy who's into farley. i never herad of him before but i took one look at him and my8 spirit said no sir. then my buddy was telling me all this crap as if farelys book was rueling my friend. i told him no, you better be ready to ask for God's forgiveness on a daily basis. Thank you for your work here about the false teaching of andrew farley. i think he preys on the unchurched, and those who have one foot in the world and the other claiming they are saved. soon as i saw his format online, i felt no, i haven't harped on it with my friend, i gave him the truth but maybe i can ask him what he thought about the rapture forum. i believe i did ask but he never answered me on it.

jots

i told him no, you better be ready to ask for God's forgiveness on a daily basis.

Ephesians 1:7
"In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,"

Do you ask God to redeem you on a daily basis as well? The passage above say's we have something "IN" Christ. We have redemption, and we have forgiveness of sins. If you are in Christ why would you ask for something you already have?

If it is true that God will only forgive us if we ask Him, then the opposite of that has to be true as well. If we don't He won't, there's no way around that!

It is not faith to ask Him to do what He has already done. That's why He cried out from the cross, "it is finished".

Romans 6:10
For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all;

Our confession doesn't bring forgiveness, only the shedding of blood can do that.

Hebrews 9:22​

"and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness"

iwilltrustintheLord

i believe eph. just as it is written. if you forget to ask God to forgive you, your not gonna end up in hell but i would not want to be in your shoes if you think that it's not proper to confess your sins according to scripture. 1 john, james if you swear or sin, i think a healthy believer will ask God to forgive, and confess it. it's remaining humble and i rather live my life accordingly than to live after the teachings of farley where he's blatant about an unscriptual way to live. Sooner or later, if you don't confess your sins you will eventually be caught up in sin and you don't even know it. it's called the hardning of the heart and God warns us over again in Hebrews and in other verses. When Jesus said it is finished, it was his new covenant, he took the place of sin but we can't expect as hebrews 10:26 if we sin willfully, there no longer remains a sacrafice for sin. to continue in sin and think it's ok. it is not

iwilltrustintheLord

i didn't say God will forgive us only if we ask Him. We ought to ask God to forgive us. if you don't live like that then i'd be careful. We are redeemed by his blood for future past and present however grace is not a lic to sin. Keep watch over your heart for it can be desperately wicked

iwilltrustintheLord

ok maybe i could forget hebrews 10:26 i don't wish to be in error. bottom line for me is....my ole h.s. baseball buddy is a christian, and he was smoking pot, drinking, going back into the world and GOd had to get his attention after he nearly shot someone and nobody can tell me that farleys teaching had nothing to do with it. My friend has going through a year long military court process. AFter the shooting took place he stopped the pot smoking and not sure on the drinking.

I think farley may prey on the un churched, those who name christ, but have one foot in the world and the other believing in Jesus. God's patient and he knows how to get our attention. Some peeps looking as the bible says...having itching ears wanting to hear certain things. I'm saying be darn careful and stick to the KJV while your at it

iwilltrustintheLord

i mean my friend was totally into farley, quoting his book and has sunken his teeth into his teaching and look at what his life was becoming? I pray for him and we talk, and i don't harp on it.

jots

he took the place of sin but we can't expect as hebrews 10:26 if we sin willfully, there no longer remains a sacrafice for sin. to continue in sin and think it's ok. it is not

That sin is the sin of unbelief. They "tasted" but they never "swallowed", therefore they remain in unbelief so there is no longer any other any sacrifice for sin.

i would not want to be in your shoes if you think that it's not proper to confess your sins according to scripture. 1 john, james if you swear or sin, i think a healthy believer will ask God to forgive, and confess it. it's remaining humble

I never said that one shouldn't confess, only that confession doesn't initiate forgiveness. God initiated forgiveness when He sent His son to die on the cross. He initiates, we respond. Not the other way around.

i didn't say God will forgive us only if we ask Him. We ought to ask God to forgive us. if you don't live like that then i'd be careful. We are redeemed by his blood for future past and present however grace is not a lic to sin. Keep watch over your heart for it can be desperately wicked

Again, why would you want to ask God to do what He has already done? Hebrews 9:22 IS TRUE "without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness". So according to that verse what are you asking Him to do every time you ask Him to forgive you? That is not living in faith. And as it say's in Hebrews, "without faith it is impossible to please God."

if you forget to ask God to forgive you, your not gonna end up in hell but i would not want to be in your shoes if you think that it's not proper to confess your sins according to scripture. 1 john, james if you swear or sin,

As I stated above, I never said that one shouldn't confess, only that confession doesn't initiate forgiveness.

James is confessing one to another, "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed."

I agree wholeheartedly with Andrew Farley that 1 John 1:9 is a salvation passage. Comparing 2 John 1,2 to 1 John1:8 clarifies this.

2 John 1,2 "To the chosen lady and her children, whom I love in the truth-because of the truth which lives in us and will be with us forever."

1 John 1:8 "If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us."

If the truth (Jesus) lives in us and will be with us forever, then can a believer ever say that the truth is not in him? That would be double-talk.

I believe completely on the finality of Christ's finished work on the cross. I believe it is the key that unlocks the grace of God. 2 Peter 2:11,12 "11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,"

I also believe that we have to settle the sin issue once and for all. For the very reason above in 2 Peter and also that if we don't get it settled then we will be unproductive to the Lord as Peter say's below.

2 Peter 1:5-9
5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.

I wouldn't want to be in "your shoes" and walk up to Jesus hanging on the cross, and ask Him if I need to keep asking Him to forgive me over and over as they did at the day of atonement in the old testament. I find that to be an insult.

As for me I will keep walking by faith in the final sacrifice for sins by our Lord Jesus on the cross. Either He did it all, or He did nothing at all!