ANCIENT CHINESE RECORDS ON JESUS!

ReadyforSupper

Edit, spoke too soon. It's taking me to YouTube and then to an error page.

Edit II: replaced jargon with . and all is well!

Sent from my LGMS659 using Tapatalk

Raptureholic

Just more evidence that Jesus is the resurrection and life even through ancient Chinese writings. Thank you for that awesome video araj54!

:thumbup

ReadyforSupper

Is this not astounding? Typical of our Lord to unveil this now! This, to me, is yet another promise from our Lord that His Word is true and all else is lies!

Sent from my LGMS659 using Tapatalk

Haeddre

Bleating Heart
Hello, I'm new to the board. :wave

I really enjoyed watching this, and I have a question: These records span from 5 BC to 31 AD, which is a total of 35(?) years. Jesus was 33 when He died. The records from 31 AD are very compelling. If they did, indeed, record phenomena related to Jesus' death and resurrection, wouldn't that mean His birth actually occurred in 2 BC? I think there have been adjustments to the calendars since then, but I'm not familiar with what was changed.

livingskies

Haeddre - I don't think we know with proof that Jesus was 33 when He died. There are various interpretations to the dates. Those who believe he died on a Friday go for him dying in a different year than those who believe he died on a Thursday..... The verse about him being "about 30" when he started his ministry could mean, about 30, as in 29, 30, 31...

I found this astronomical evidence quite compelling. Especially since it is completely removed from Judaism and Christianity and wouldn't have had any reason to be tampered with..

What year was Jesus Christ born?
In what year did Jesus die?

As for specific years for Jesus' birth and death, I don't believe we can irrefutably prove it. However there are compelling evidences and obviously general timelines (+/- 1-4 years, fulfilling all prophecies).

Last edited:

Haeddre

Bleating Heart
@livingskies: Cool! I guess I always took it for granted that Jesus died at 33. This is very interesting. Thanks for links. :hat:

ReadyforSupper

Although this has no biblical basis, I was always raised to believe that Jesus was actually born in 4 BC...I'm assuming my mom had been curious about this as well...I also thought that He gave His sacrifice on a Thursday a Sabbath, not a traditional weekend, but rather one of the feast days, which are also called Sabbath. (Isong...am I thinking correctly? Half a cup of coffee, no guarantees, haha)

livingskies

http://m.***********/watch?v=eNT82P6JpSM
Make sure to watch part 2 as well! I found a summary that was only 15 minutes but I don't know who compiled it. If you YouTube search for God in ancient China you can find more. Truly fascinating.... This is a sermon by a Chinese pastor going through how Chinese pictorial characters tell the story of God in Genesis 1-11 (which is common to all mankind). Highly recommend, very faith building!!!