An interesting day!

caligal

We have woods at the back of our yard. Not very deep, but long and narrow. Today around noon we looked out and there was a fox in our back yard. It looked around and realized I was sitting in my screened porch so it just meandered back into the woods. About ten minutes ago As I was peeling potatoes, Mac said there were two foxes in the yard! they were searching under the tree where we through bird seed and sometimes stale bread for the birds and squirrels. We are going to have to stop feeding the critters anything but seed from now on. They were beautiful and very very healthy looking, and bigger than I remembered. We know they come around at night, but were very surprised to see them in the daytime. The woods out back have bunnies, possum, racoons, kitties, and many many birds. We have also seen a bobcat, and a coyote back there and of course the foxes. About the only things we haven't seen are bears and deer.

araj54

Wow Caligal, the Lord has provided you with your very own private wildlife sanctuary. How neat is that.:thumbup

caligal

Yes araj, the Lord knew I was going to get real sick and be pretty much housebound and lead us to this home. It is exactly what I have always wanted and I don't get stir crazy here. My backyard is very peaceful and green. We get critters everyday.

Suzanne

The town that I live in has a number of semi-tamed deer. One time I was in the middle of town, and a doe and her fawn walked across the street like they were normal pedestrians. They were headed to our large city park that has a creek running through the center of it. I loved it! :nod

Hannah

We have woods at the back of our yard. Not very deep, but long and narrow. Today around noon we looked out and there was a fox in our back yard. It looked around and realized I was sitting in my screened porch so it just meandered back into the woods. About ten minutes ago As I was peeling potatoes, Mac said there were two foxes in the yard! they were searching under the tree where we through bird seed and sometimes stale bread for the birds and squirrels. We are going to have to stop feeding the critters anything but seed from now on. They were beautiful and very very healthy looking, and bigger than I remembered. We know they come around at night, but were very surprised to see them in the daytime. The woods out back have bunnies, possum, racoons, kitties, and many many birds. We have also seen a bobcat, and a coyote back there and of course the foxes. About the only things we haven't seen are bears and deer.
Do have names for some of your regular visitors?

We have named a few of our Australian Native regulars in our backyard.

caligal

We had named a couple of the racoons, but then they died of canine distemper. We always name the kitties that find us. We named a lame baby possum but he died too. We haven't named the hawk or any of the other critters.................yet.:lol::pidgeons