Amy Grant to Host Same-Sex Wedding

MyhopeisinHim

I would be careful with this line of thought. It is impossible to know a person's salvation status by their fruit. Wasn't Lot saved?
This is true only God knows what's in our hearts. Just hard for me imagine when you love Jesus with all your heart, soul and mind why would you go against his Word. Seems like a slap in the face to me. I'll be praying for such people,!

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I believe Amy is confused on scripture. Yes we are to love the sinner but :bible scripture tells us to abhor(hate) the sin evil. God was very strong on this when he destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah. Jesus loves the sinners, but did not participate in their sin. Scripture :bible also says have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness.

Dragontiger777

Even a blind man knows when the sun is shining...
That is true....I have a friend who is full Deaf and Blind. He knew when feel sun shine touch him also know about cloud when sun dim with cloud.
Hearing people have 5 senses (Sound, Feel, Smell, Taste, Eyes)
Deaf people have 1 strong (feeling) other three senses more sensitive
Deaf and Blind have major strong feelings sensitive while other two mild sensitive

That 95% true otherwise 5% Cannot answer

DWB

God knows your true heart to Him. Amy Grant has serious accident cause change life. Otherwise show love that can planting seed in their heart "Love your neighbor" they might will realize what they have done wrong. As we need love and pray show heart to human and detest sins.
I agree with this. Your love and support for a family member or friend going thru sin problems may change their behavior when realize the grace being shown. We should pray and love sinners, who knows, maybe your prayers and unconditional love is what get them straightened out.

lightofmylife

Perhaps she could invite Donald Trump over for some theology chats .....
Unfortunately, they both have joined the gay band wagon. Just goes to show you can't believe everyone who claims to be a Christian. It sounds like Amy couldn't give Trump sound advice because she needs to read the :bibleherself to see what God says about homosexuality. They both are agreeing with the world's thinking instead of Gods wisdom and truth. In God We Trust!

Len

maybe your prayers and unconditional love is what get them straightened out.
I agree that there is a place for prayers and love for those caught up in sin, but without pointing out their peril in love you are just condoning it ....... I love my daughter and her two children but she has left her husband and is in a relationship with another man, during a recent conversation I called them adulterers and that they will be judged (1 Cor 6:9 unless saved by the blood). I still love my daughter and though one of my other children said I was hateful and unloving I believe that warning her of her sin as God see's it was love, but I will not harp or go on over it now that my warning has been said, what she is doing is her choice and if she needs any more help I will be there....... as we have been since her marriage broke up in so many, many ways.

Amethyst

Angie ... †
I’m confused about where this thread was going…

Are people saying it is loving for Amy Grant to host this wedding? :scratch or am I misunderstanding something here… ??

madcat

Living in the Nashville area, the “CINO“ (Christian in name only) in the music industry is sadly the norm. There are a few that openly come out against sin, but it appears they don’t survive or thrive very long, and just disappear from the “news”. I suppose support from Christians isn’t lucrative enough, and fame has a way of making them accepting of all lifestyles (and sins) to move “up the charts”. Whether they really are saved only God knows, but catering to their fan base, is very motivating to them. But that can be said of humanity in general.

lightofmylife

While Amy is caving in to going along with hosting I believe her niece's same sex marriage, she will lose fans who are truly Christians that hold to the teachings of The :bible. The Christians that don't go along to get along. They separate from what God doesn't want them to be involved in.

Last edited:

Eph611

This is a quote from Amy Grant: "It doesn’t matter how we behave. It doesn’t matter how we’re wired. We’re all our best selves when we believe to our core: ‘I’m loved.’ And then our creativity flourishes. We’re like, ‘I’m gonna arrange flowers on your table and my table.’ When we’re loved, we’re brave enough to say yes to every good impulse that comes to us.”

She also said this: "The journey of faith is just being willing and open to have a relationship with God. And everybody is welcome. Everybody."

BALONEY. The only thing that matters is a saving relationship with Christ. Grant is spewing nothing more than pseudo-Christian newspeak and yet more of the "God is love" excuse. Yes, God is love. But God is also just. And He is true to His word. She's trying to have it both ways.

lightofmylife

This is a quote from Amy Grant: "It doesn’t matter how we behave. It doesn’t matter how we’re wired. We’re all our best selves when we believe to our core: ‘I’m loved.’ And then our creativity flourishes. We’re like, ‘I’m gonna arrange flowers on your table and my table.’ When we’re loved, we’re brave enough to say yes to every good impulse that comes to us.”

She also said this: "The journey of faith is just being willing and open to have a relationship with God. And everybody is welcome. Everybody."

BALONEY. The only thing that matters is a saving relationship with Christ. Grant is spewing nothing more than pseudo-Christian newspeak and yet more of the "God is love" delusion. Yes, God is love. But God is also just. And He is true to His word.
I am giving you a like on your baloney :thumbup:thumbup statements. Hers is not :thumbdown :thumbdowntrue! :gaah

GotGrace

Famed Christian music artist Amy Grant shocked many when she announced she is hosting a same-sex wedding.

The singer-songwriter and wife of Vince Gill made the controversial announcement to the Washington Post

***toggled the link, not sure how to post the actual article without copying all links in the article but thought this very relevant to the time at hand

https://www.toddstarnes.com/entertainment/amy-grant-to-host-same-sex-wedding/
I never knew why when so many seemed to love her and her music, but I never cared for her or her music. Apparently, she was not the real deal all along the way.

Back