allahu vs allah

depserv

What's the difference between Allah and Allahu? The phrase "Allahu Akbar" I guess means Allah is greater or greatest (our god is greater than your god in any case) but why is it Allahu instead of just Allah?

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Arabic is an inflected language, that is to say that words change form according to their grammatical function in a sentence. Allahu is the nominative case of Allah.

goingup

It must be the hillbilly version of it.

Like where someone calls another "oh Bobby hoo, or Billy hoo or Jim Bob hoo" :nod

then there's "allah hoo" :((

And it is just to get his attention before they do an evil act in his name. :tsk:

Lowly

Bought by the King of kings
In the end, this so called god will also bow down to the King of kings and Lord of lords.

1 Samuel 5:3-4 NKJV
3 And when the people of Ashdod arose early in the morning, there was Dagon, fallen on its face to the earth before the ark of the Lord. So they took Dagon and set it in its place again.

4 And when they arose early the next morning, there was Dagon, fallen on its face to the ground before the ark of the Lord. The head of Dagon and both the palms of its hands were broken off on the threshold; only Dagon’s torso was left of it.

:yeah:

goingup

In the end, this so called god will also bow down to the King of kings and Lord of lords.

1 Samuel 5:3-4 NKJV
3 And when the people of Ashdod arose early in the morning, there was Dagon, fallen on its face to the earth before the ark of the Lord. So they took Dagon and set it in its place again.

4 And when they arose early the next morning, there was Dagon, fallen on its face to the ground before the ark of the Lord. The head of Dagon and both the palms of its hands were broken off on the threshold; only Dagon’s torso was left of it.

:yeah:
Lowly that is one of my favorite books in The Bible because of Dagon being an Idol that is why God lopped off what he did, because an Idol cannot see talk taste hear feel or think and how fitting their so called god is Bowing Down To The Most High God. The first time I read it I died laughing, especially when all the Phillistines are trying to pawn The Lords Ark off on each other, and they are all saying essentially 'WE DON'T WANT IT, YOU KEEP IT"
:pound: :pound: :pound: