Alexa.com closing down

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I was looking at some website rankings and came across this interesting notice:

https://support.alexa.com/hc/en-us/articles/4410503838999

We will be retiring Alexa.com on May 1, 2022

Twenty-five years ago, we founded Alexa Internet. After two decades of helping you find, reach, and convert your digital audience, we’ve made the difficult decision to retire Alexa.com on May 1, 2022. Thank you for making us your go-to resource for content research, competitive analysis, keyword research, and so much more.
We have been proud to serve you as customers.
Thank you sincerely,
The Alexa.com Team

I remember coming across Alexa shortly after getting online for the first time back 1995. This is kind of a trip down memory lane here. It's sad to see Alexa go. While I know their rankings are just a good general feel for the road on the Internet, I always liked to check out sites to see how they compared with each other.

They don't say why they are discontinuing the service. Does anyone here know? :scratch

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
No, that is another service whereby people can speak into the "box" to get information, forecasts, sports scores, turn off your lights, etc.

Alexa.com was the SEO and website marketing service that was started about 25 years ago. They describe themselves as a "resource for content research, competitive analysis, keyword research, and so much more" for the Alexa.com website.

I'm not sure about SEO these days but I think search engines show you what they want to show you as opposed to what is the best website for the search terms that are being used. Sites that used to rank well, including RF, are now nowhere to be seen in the SERPs. It seems that unless you spend big money in using their advertising service you have little to no change to be seen in Google. I will not spend one penny in the ad services. It's too easy to for Google to charge you $100 for an ad, then pay $10 to a Chinese group somewhere to sit on your sit and click on it all day, then say you used up your budget and need to spend more. Shoot, they can create a bot to do that for nothing. :lol

I won't spend money on stuff like that. :nope

cheeky200386

No, that is another service whereby people can speak into the "box" to get information, forecasts, sports scores, turn off your lights, etc.

Alexa.com was the SEO and website marketing service that was started about 25 years ago. They describe themselves as a "resource for content research, competitive analysis, keyword research, and so much more" for the Alexa.com website.

I'm not sure about SEO these days but I think search engines show you what they want to show you as opposed to what is the best website for the search terms that are being used. Sites that used to rank well, including RF, are now nowhere to be seen in the SERPs. It seems that unless you spend big money in using their advertising service you have little to no change to be seen in Google. I will not spend one penny in the ad services. It's too easy to for Google to charge you $100 for an ad, then pay $10 to a Chinese group somewhere to sit on your sit and click on it all day, then say you used up your budget and need to spend more. Shoot, they can create a bot to do that for nothing. :lol

I won't spend money on stuff like that. :nope
Oh ok, I never heard of it. Thank you for clarifying. I wonder if Google just took their business away.

GEOINTAnalyst

Amazon owns both Alexa the Internet site and Alexa, but the two entities are otherwise unrelated, and Amazon’s decision to shut down Alexa.com will have no effect on Alexa herself.
If you do want to visit Alexa (the digital assistant) on the web, you can still go to alexa.amazon(dot)com