Alex Baldwin charged with Involuntary Manslaughter

katt

Alec Baldwin is the producer, and he should have checked the gun to make sure it was safe.
Doesn't matter, someone loaded that prop gun, someone put real bullets in in it and it wasn't Alec Baldwin, the person that put the real bullets in it ought to be charged with premeditated first degree murder because that's what it was. I'll bet no one but the prop people checks those prop guns before they're used and the person that put the real bullets in that one knew it. I just think the person that died was not the intended victim. So, there should also be a second charge of premeditated first degree attempted murder, because the obvious target was really the person that gun was supposed to be fired at to begin with.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Doesn't matter, someone loaded that prop gun, someone put real bullets in in it and it wasn't Alec Baldwin, the person that put the real bullets in it ought to be charged with premeditated first degree murder because that's what it was. I'll bet no one but the prop people checks those prop guns before they're used and the person that put the real bullets in that one knew it. I just think the person that died was not the intended victim. So, there should also be a second charge of premeditated first degree attempted murder, because the obvious target was really the person that gun was supposed to be fired at to begin with.
The point is Alec was holding the gun, and it didn't just go off by itself. I don't understand why the gun was pointed in the Hutchins lady Cinematographer's direction.

dseno

It was a movie. Alex Baldwins job is to act. The art department hands him a gun, he's not in the right mindset to question things. He's in character. The props master and the gun wrangler are to blame here.

Dave123

See, everyone who handles a gun has a duty to check the gun for themselves to make sure it is safe. One of the first rules of gun safety is that if someone hands you a gun and says it is not loaded, you check for yourself. You always treat a unloaded gun like it is loaded. If Baldwin had take two minutes to do so, he would have found the live round and a young mother would not have lost her life. Furthermore, the girl who was the armorer was inexperienced and had no business holding that job. She is being charged along with Alec Baldwin. The gun was in his hand, and he was recklessly handling it and he killed a woman. He is as responsible even if he didn't intend to kill anyone. It was involuntary manslaughter for both him and the armorer. I don't think he will serve any jail time. But I believe the armorer will because she is not a high-powered public figure like Alec Baldwin.

Dave123

The point is Alec was holding the gun, and it didn't just go off by itself. I don't understand why the gun was pointed in the Hutchins lady Cinematographer's direction.
I don't think he realized he was pointing at her. It appears to me that he was absent-mindedly playing with the trigger, and it went off and just happened to be pointed in her direction. If Baldwin had invested in an 8-hour gun safety course for the crew and the actors on set, and had hired a professional armorer, this might have never happened.

lightofmylife

How do we know he wasn't the one who put the real bullet (s) in the gun ?
Was he ruled out? If so, why?
Why would Alec Baldwin risk his family with 8 children and his career to plan a murder? That is just plain stupid to know he would be going to jail. If he did plan this, do you think Hutchins was who he planned to kill? Haven't heard any proof of fingerprints found on the bullet.

TimeWarpWife

RULE #1 with guns... NEVER POINT at something you DO NOT intend to SHOOT!
The very first thing my dad told me when he was teaching me gun safety and how to shoot a gun. I was 5 years old at the time and he was bringing home his service gun, he was a prison guard, and although he kept it locked up, he still made sure I knew it wasn't a toy and the serious or fatal harm it could cause. It made such an impression on me that I didn't pick up another gun to shoot until a few years ago when I took the NRA's firearm training course to get my CCW license. What Baldwin and the so-called Armorer did was absolutely irresponsible.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Why would Alec Baldwin risk his family with 8 children and his career to plan a murder? That is just plain stupid to know he would be going to jail. If he did plan this, do you think Hutchins was who he planned to kill? Haven't heard any proof of fingerprints found on the bullet.
If he hasn't been ruled out he should still be a suspect.
For the fact he didn't check the gun makes him a suspect.
Why would he check the gun if he was the one who put the live round in?
He also said repeatedly he didn't pull the trigger.
Why did he repeatedly say that?
I'm not saying he is guilty, I'm saying these questions need to be asked .

Supposedly there were only 3 rounds in the gun.
Why only 3 ?
Did they test for fingerprints on the other rounds in the gun ?
They supposedly found the casing from the fatal round shot, okay, were any prints found on the casing ?
Why were there live rounds "mixed" haphazardly amongst non-live rounds?

The scales of evidence lean towards premeditation and intent.
If premeditated criminal intent is involved , then was it just one culprit or more than one?

In the end, it could just be a flat out irresponsible, negligent tragedy, although there appears to be enough evidence to state otherwise.
Alot of interested parties memories were not to good on the day of the tragic death.

Interesting to note, Baldwin's character, an outlaw named Harlan Rust , is trying to save the
life of his young grandson , who , in a tragically
ironic twist , shot and killed someone by accident.

DWB

If the idiot had of just told the truth instead of some stupid story about how the gun just went off by itself, he may not have been charged. But to claim that type of firearm just fired makes him sound like he is hiding something. Guns are manufactured to "not" just fire. Not saying it's impossible, but highly unlikely.

My guess is someone was trying to get someone else fired, or sabotage the shoot, and switched the ammo. There were rumors early on about cast displeasure with pay and lodgings. When they start offering deals someone will talk.

dseno

Actors do not handle props. They do not touch the props until it is time to shoot the scene. It is possible during the blocking Baldwin was handling the gun, but for the most part the actor is handed a weapon and they immediately film the scene. It is the responsibility of the producers and safety personnel to ensure standards of all kinds are being met. Despite being the one who pulled the trigger, there were likely 4 or 5 people who failed to do their jobs properly, and as a result the victim was basically dead before Baldwin even took hold of the weapon.

I would like the producers and the art department to be held responsible. Of course investigate, but if it's discovered Baldwin was just doing his job I don't think he should face punishment.

lightofmylife

Actors do not handle props. They do not touch the props until it is time to shoot the scene. It is possible during the blocking Baldwin was handling the gun, but for the most part the actor is handed a weapon and they immediately film the scene. It is the responsibility of the producers and safety personnel to ensure standards of all kinds are being met. Despite being the one who pulled the trigger, there were likely 4 or 5 people who failed to do their jobs properly, and as a result the victim was basically dead before Baldwin even took hold of the weapon.

I would like the producers and the art department to be held responsible. Of course investigate, but if it's discovered Baldwin was just doing his job I don't think he should face punishment.
Alec Baldwin is the producer of the movie Rust, and he was the actor that played the leading part Rust.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.

What if it wasn't an " accident " ?
What if it was a planned murder?
Why assume it was just a tragic accident?
Maybe the murder went as planned , through the guise as an "accident ".
There sure was alot of foggy memories that day.
I mean gee whiz , Alec repeatedly said he didn't pull the trigger.
Of course not...

The evidence supports premeditated murder, not just some haphazard accident.
To many inconsistencies .

Back