Alec Baldwin kills one and injures another with a prop gun.

kathymendel

You know, I've been pondering this whole situation, and I've come to the point of looking at the even bigger picture.
I'm an old lady, you know.......... seventy-seven. I was raised to believe that my reputation was one of my most important assets,
and to live my life as best I could, protecting and preserving that reputation. When one does that and something in life happens,
it goes a long way in how people view you. Or, shall I say, judge you or your actions. If you have a good reputation, people look
deeper and tend to support you. On the other hand, if you have a bad reputation, and are known for your temper, outbursts, bad attitudes,
then people look at you in a way different light. It's human nature.

I think that we have forgotten to teach our young people over the past sixty-so years about how important and valuable our reputation is as we
move through life, from childhood to adulthood. We have failed in so many ways to instill morals and values and responsibility as a major path of life in general.

I'm sure many of us have tried, some have succeeded, but as our society has slipped down the slippery slope it has - many, many have just plain
failed. Now we are at a time in history when so many don't even try. They have kids, send them off to school every day, take them to sports
activities during the week, don't take them to Sunday School or church. IF we sit around the dinner table as families, most don't talk about life and
problems, or God, but sit texting on our individual phones. No wonder "the family" is so weak and children are not learning the very tools they need
to take out into adulthood with them. Satan has had a hay-day with us as parents, and with our children. We are seeing the fruits of this all over the
world..........but, especially in our own country..........where morals, values, reputation once held a vital place in our homes. (Not that they haven't in other countries, too.)

Our reputation follows us everywhere we go and in everything we do and say. It has followed Alec Baldwin in this tragic event.......... I truly feel for him.
I pray this event humbles him before the Lord, and he falls on his knees in repentance. I pray his brother will be able to guide him to the foot of the cross,
and help him through this. But, we need to think about what WE are - and are not - teaching our children and grandchildren so that they don't find themselves in situations like this in the future. Just needed to state what the Lord has laid on my heart about all of this.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

Dana Loesch Gets Ahead of the Liberal Media's Predicable Move to Protect Alec Baldwin Post-Accidental Shooting​

I wrote about how the armorer on the set of the film Rust was nervous and doubted her abilities. That doesn’t mean she was at fault and I mentioned to keep an eye out because the Left will weaponize these remarks to protect Alec Baldwin, who accidentally shot and killed the film’s cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins, last week. No matter what was said, Baldwin pulled the trigger. He took another director’s word that it was safe. He didn’t check for himself—and a woman is now dead. Joel Souza, the director, was also injured in the incident. Yet, Dana Loesch was first to fire the warning flare about the liberal media’s predictable pivot. The New York Post reported on a story about how this armorer angered Nicolas Cage so much in a past production that he walked off the set. So, is she totally at fault? No. This was a systemic failure.

“There is enough blame to go around, but it’s disgusting to see a blatant PR effort aimed at placing the entirety of the blame on the younger women hired by the lead producer and talent running the set. Inexcusable and people are giving Baldwin a pass for it,” wrote Loesch.

“I don’t care how “rookie” someone was — that only makes Baldwin look even more irresponsible as part of his job was to know what was happening on his set. Period,” she added.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...alec-baldwin-postaccidental-shooting-n2598142

Andy C

Dana Loesch Gets Ahead of the Liberal Media's Predicable Move to Protect Alec Baldwin Post-Accidental Shooting​

I wrote about how the armorer on the set of the film Rust was nervous and doubted her abilities. That doesn’t mean she was at fault and I mentioned to keep an eye out because the Left will weaponize these remarks to protect Alec Baldwin, who accidentally shot and killed the film’s cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins, last week. No matter what was said, Baldwin pulled the trigger. He took another director’s word that it was safe. He didn’t check for himself—and a woman is now dead. Joel Souza, the director, was also injured in the incident. Yet, Dana Loesch was first to fire the warning flare about the liberal media’s predictable pivot. The New York Post reported on a story about how this armorer angered Nicolas Cage so much in a past production that he walked off the set. So, is she totally at fault? No. This was a systemic failure.

“There is enough blame to go around, but it’s disgusting to see a blatant PR effort aimed at placing the entirety of the blame on the younger women hired by the lead producer and talent running the set. Inexcusable and people are giving Baldwin a pass for it,” wrote Loesch.

“I don’t care how “rookie” someone was — that only makes Baldwin look even more irresponsible as part of his job was to know what was happening on his set. Period,” she added.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...alec-baldwin-postaccidental-shooting-n2598142
Alec could easily soon face charges. Yes, it appears to be an accident, but one easily avoided. If I were to point a gun I assumed was not loaded and shoot and kill an innocent bystander, is there any doubt I would be charged, and rightfully so.

I dont think there will be a real attempt to protect Alec, he is not that well liked by Hollywood. Years ago, big star, recently, has been. The whole crew seems to be financed by “Dollar General”.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

Confirmed: Alec Baldwin's On-Set Firearm Mishap Is Now a Criminal Investigation​

The more you hear about this Alec Baldwin shooting on the set of his new film Rust, you must wonder if criminal charges are coming. It was totally avoidable. There were multiple lapses in security protocols. It was a systemic failure. It seemed a host of people played a part in the tragic shooting death of cinematographer Hayla Hutchins. We have live rounds on set. We have an assistant director who gave Baldwin the prop gun, said it was “cold,” and then later admitted he didn’t properly check it. Baldwin also didn’t check it, ignoring the first rule of gun safety. Treat every firearm as if it’s loaded no matter what—and never ever take someone else’s word for it. The western was being shot in New Mexico, where authorities said that all options are on the table concerning legal fallout. Now, Sante Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza said that this is being treated as a criminal investigation. He also said he wouldn’t call this an accident (via Fox News):

A New Mexico sheriff said Thursday that the "Rust" movie set shooting involving Alec Baldwin was being treated as a criminal investigation and he would not rule out charges or suspects in the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.

"I’d be careful using the word ‘accident,’" said Sante Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza during an appearance on "Fox & Friends."

"This is obviously a tragedy and it was avoidable, so right now it’s a criminal investigation."

Mendoza added that it was too early in the investigation to determine if charges would be filed but said that the department was working closely with District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies.

The Santa Fe County sheriff said that all suspects had given an initial statement and confirmed that some of the primary people of focus had retained counsel. He elaborated that these "focused individuals" included armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed, assistant director David Halls and Baldwin himself.

At the end of the day, Baldwin pulled the trigger. There’s an old saying too—there is no such thing as a gun accident, it’s just negligence. What we are seeing is a lot of blame being placed on the armorer of the movie, which is predictable given that the media wants to protect a top Hollywood lefty. Dana Loesch got ahead of that game. There’s plenty of blame to go around. It’s not just one person and again, Baldwin was the one who didn’t check the gun and pulled the trigger.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...-firearm-is-a-criminal-investigation-n2598209

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
'Rust' armorer has 'no idea' where live rounds came from, attorney says

The armorer on the movie set where actor Alec Baldwin fatally shot a cinematographer last week has "no idea" where any live ammunition came from, her lawyers said Thursday.

"Rust" armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed "is devastated and completely beside herself over the events that have transpired," a statement from her attorney said.

Halyna Hutchins, director of photography, died in the on-set shooting last week, and director Joel Souza was injured.

The circumstances of the shooting in New Mexico are under investigation, and no charges have been filed.

"Safety is Hannah's number one priority on set. Ultimately this set would never have been compromised if live ammo were not introduced. Hannah has no idea where the live rounds came from," the statement from her attorneys said.

https://news.yahoo.com/rust-armorer-no-idea-where-050300251.html

TimeWarpWife

:hmmm If safety really was Ms. Gutierrez-Reed's number one priority, then why did she allow crew members to use the gun for target practice with live rounds? Why didn't she follow proper safety rules on the set? Why didn't she check the gun out prior to Alec Baldwin using it? I think it might be a good idea for her to take an extensive course in gun safety at the NRA and get properly trained before her next job as an armorer ~ if there is a next time.

GotGrace

I never imagined live ammo was ever used on a movie set - never.

It does seem that the ammo and fake stuff should have been displayed and loaded in full view of the actor or handled entirely by the actor before continuing with the action on the set.

I think this will set a precedent now for all film makers and new hard-fast rules will begin to be laid down.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
It does seem that the ammo and fake stuff should have been displayed and loaded in full view of the actor or handled entirely by the actor before continuing with the action on the set.
I think this will set a precedent now for all film makers and new hard-fast rules will begin to be laid down.
Totally agree! These new hard & fast rules, if any are developed, should have been in place years ago.

Rocky R.

I never imagined live ammo was ever used on a movie set - never.

Anti-gun Hollywood is armed to the teeth! They have swarms of bodyguards around them equipped with rifles and handguns with high capacity magazines. Have you seen their award shows? Their personal protection is well-armed. They just want to deny us our rights.

Rocky R.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-talk-photographers-going-hiding-Vermont.html

Stories like this are just going to invite more negative comments and perception about him. I agree that he needs to keep his mouth shut and speak only to the authorities conducting the investigation. Anything he says (which is usually unwise) will be used as fodder against him. Demanding for new gun rules on set? How about just using green plastic toy guns, then let CGI do the rest? Better yet, just let the actors use cardboard guns and CGI the rest.

Batman

I'm guessing many show and movie productions had actors and crew that often snuck away when time permitted to target shoot.....but whether that is right or not my other guess is that it is a throw back to old Hollywood and definitely way before the times we are currently in. Guns, ammo and gun owners will probably take a huge hit even though there is a lot of difference in this one.

Back