Alec Baldwin kills one and injures another with a prop gun.

Chet

One has to wonder what or how was Alec's reaction to the incident, body language often speaks volumes....... Being it happened in a shooting (filming) on set location, it is nearly guaranteed to be on film

Mama Bug

I personally can't stand the guy but he's going to have to live with the guilt of what has happened for the rest of his life and I do feel sorry for him. Someone handed him the gun and told him it was cold. Is it possible that the person who handed it to him picked up the wrong one? I don't want to even think for a second that Alec did this intentionally. I don't think he did. I do think it was an accident on his part, and maybe on the part of the one who handed the gun to him. With him being anti gun, he may not have been schooled in gun safety. Those of us who have been taught about gun safety would know to check the firearm and never point it at anything you don't intend to shoot. He may not have known any better or just trusted the crew working with him. Either way, I do feel bad for the guy and I hope that this is used by God to draw Alec to Him. Alec would certainly be a good voice for the Gospel if he was to turn to Jesus.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Someone handed him the gun and told him it was cold. Is it possible that the person who handed it to him picked up the wrong one?

Just thinking about culpability. One article indicated that the armorer checked the three handguns and then they went to lunch. They weren't checked again after lunch so while they were out to lunch someone could have messed with the guns if they weren't under lock and key (they should have been, I reckon). Then the person who gave it to the actor and stated that it was cold obviously didn't know that it was for sure so hadn't checked the firearms directly. Baldwin then took it and may have actually fired it unintentionally before they were lined up for the shoot... that last part remains to be seen but the last article I read indicated that.

I lean towards thinking that both the armorer and the person handing the gun to the actor could be tried for criminal negligence that resulted in homicide. As far as Baldwin is concerned, maybe him too but I think it would depend on common practices in the industry.... is the actor expected to check the firearm or trust the employees that are hired to manage the firearms on set? Even if another unknown party messed with the guns while folks were out to lunch the armorer and the other fella would still likely be criminally negligent.

All three will be liable to civil suits, most likely.

Oliver Kelly

Thanks t.t think I over reacted on this one.
Baldwin is also responsible because he should also be trained on gun safety before handling any kind of weapon. Prop or real. Everyone trained in gun safety knows to treat every weapon as if it’s loaded and dangerous. You never ever point a weapon of any kind, loaded or not, towards another human being. You never trust what someone else tells you about a gun. You should check it out for yourself. If Baldwin doesn’t have any gun safety training he should not have been handling a gun. Such a tragic event all the way around and for all people involved.

Andy C

The gun used in the tragic incident was used earlier in the day with live rounds for target practice by some of the crew.

What a huge, preventable disaster this was. Heads need to roll.

From the below link

“Crew members on the movie "Rust" reportedly used the firearm involved in the death of Halyna Hutchins the morning of the fatal accident.

According to a search warrant executed by the Santa Fe County Sheriff's office, obtained by Fox News, Armorer Hanna Gutierrez Reed handled the prop gun, leaving it among others on a cart outside the set location they were filming. Assistant director Dave Halls then retrieved the gun and handed it to actor Alec Baldwin announcing that it was a "cold gun," a term used to indicate that a prop gun is safe to handle and not loaded with live ammunition.

However, somewhere along the line, there was a miscommunication and a live round was put in the weapon that discharged when Baldwin pulled the trigger, killing Hutchins and wounding director Joel Souza. TMZ previously speculated, after sources close to the set reported that the guns were sometimes used for off-time target practice, that the hobby contributed to the live-round mixup.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/gun-killed-halyna-hutchins-leisure-shooting-morning-accident

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I don’t like that conservatives Candace Owens and Don Jr. appear to be attacking and mocking Baldwin right now, especially Candace, who says she’s a believer. Shouldn’t we be showing compassion, even though there was obvious negligence? Ah well...

The same or similar things to some extent has been occurring in this thread. It's unfortunate, in my opinion, and detracts from our witness.

Amethyst

Angie ... †
Prov 24:17-18
Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles, lest the Lord see it and be displeased, and turn away his anger from him.

Obadiah 1:12
But do not gloat over the day of your brother in the day of his misfortune; do not rejoice over the people of Judah in the day of their ruin; do not boast in the day of distress.

I believe God's wisdom should be applied when these situations come about. :sad

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
I don’t like that conservatives Candace Owens and Don Jr. appear to be attacking and mocking Baldwin right now, especially Candace, who says she’s a believer. Shouldn’t we be showing compassion, even though there was obvious negligence? Ah well...
I am concerned for him. I can't imagine what he is going through. Situations like this have driven people to suicide, and they weren't even famous and subjected to a media trial like he is.

GotGrace

I am concerned for him. I can't imagine what he is going through. Situations like this have driven people to suicide, and they weren't even famous and subjected to a media trial like he is.
I imagine this great tragedy will change him in ways we probably will never know about for the rest of his days on this earth. I just can’t imagine Baldwin ever doing himself in. The best thing out of all of this would be if he finds Christ and ends up being a great witness. He is a great actor, acting is in his DNA, but his haughtiness and his I know it all attitude really turns me off.

kathymendel

It is a tragedy all the way around. I know Alec has his issues, and has made them well known over the years, but I hope this event has him dropping to his knees and begging God for forgiveness and salvation. Only then will he know peace. I do feel for him, for the rest of the crew, and the family of the young woman.

daygo

Alec Baldwin was handed a gun with a live round in it on a film set in New Mexico, the local sheriff has said.
The actor accidentally shot dead cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounded the film's director Joel Souza on Thursday.
Authorities have recovered some 600 pieces of evidence related to the investigation, including three firearms and 500 rounds of ammunition.
No arrests have been made or charges filed so far in the investigation.
Speaking at a news conference on Wednesday, the Santa Fe County Sheriff, Adan Mendoza, made clear that the investigation was still in its early stages, and many more interviews still need to be done, including with Mr Baldwin, who he said is cooperating with authorities.
The sheriff told reporters there were up to 100 people on the set of the Western film, called Rust, when the shooting happened, and that everyone would be questioned.
"I think the facts are clear - a weapon was handed to Mr Baldwin. The weapon is functional and fired a live round killing Ms Hutchins and injuring Mr Souza," he said.
The sheriff added that a "lead projectile" was recovered from Mr Souza's shoulder and handed over as evidence, as was the firearm, which was fired by Mr Baldwin, and the spent shell casings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59068976

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

Report: ‘Rust’ Armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed Infuriated Nicolas Cage on Previous Gig — ‘You Just Blew my F***ing Eardrums Out’​

Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, the 24-year-old armorer for the Alec Baldwin film Rust, was the subject of numerous complaints while handling weapons on another film set just two months earlier, infuriating star Nicolas Cage, according to a crew member who spoke with TheWrap.

Stu Brumbaugh, who this past summer served as key grip on the set of the Cage Western, The Old Way, told TheWrap that Gutierrez-Reed upset both Cage and other crew members on the set when she failed to follow basic gun safety protocols, like announcing the arrival and usage of weapons onto the set.

“Make an announcement, you just blew my fucking eardrums out!” Brumbaugh said he overheard Cage yell at the young woman, after she fired a gun near the cast and crew for a second time in three days without warning. Cage walked off the set in a rage, Brumbaugh added.

“I told the AD [assistant director], ‘She needs to be let go,'” Brumbaugh said, adding, “After the second round I was pissed off. We were moving too fast. She’s a rookie.”

Brumbaugh added that he found out The Old Way was Gutierrez-Reed’s first time as an armorer on a film set after he told his superiors that the production needed a more experienced armorer.

A producer of The Old Way, however, told TheWrap that he has “no such recollection” of Gutierrez-Reed engaging in this behavior on set and that nobody ever asked for the armorer’s dismissal.

“I have no such recollection of this event on our set. I asked my partners the same,” the producer said. “The details on some of these accounts specifically when it pertains to The Old Way have been blown out of proportion.”

Despite the producer’s remarks, Brumbaugh insists that Gutierrez-Reed did the following, per TheWrap:

-Walked onto the set with live rounds of blanks and no public announcement to the cast and crew, breaking established safety protocols.

-Tucked pistols under her armpits and carried rifles in each hand that were ready to be used in a scene. Firearms were aimed at people. She turned around and the pistols that were tucked under her armpits were pointing back at people.

-Twice fired guns on the set without giving any warning to the cast and crew, as required. The first time she was demonstrating the gun volume to see if the loud sound would startle the horses when without warning the gun went off.

Brumbaugh added that he now understands how deadly accidents can happen.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertain...vious-gig-you-just-blew-my-fing-eardrums-out/

Andy C

Report: ‘Rust’ Armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed Infuriated Nicolas Cage on Previous Gig — ‘You Just Blew my F***ing Eardrums Out’​

Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, the 24-year-old armorer for the Alec Baldwin film Rust, was the subject of numerous complaints while handling weapons on another film set just two months earlier, infuriating star Nicolas Cage, according to a crew member who spoke with TheWrap.

Stu Brumbaugh, who this past summer served as key grip on the set of the Cage Western, The Old Way, told TheWrap that Gutierrez-Reed upset both Cage and other crew members on the set when she failed to follow basic gun safety protocols, like announcing the arrival and usage of weapons onto the set.

“Make an announcement, you just blew my fucking eardrums out!” Brumbaugh said he overheard Cage yell at the young woman, after she fired a gun near the cast and crew for a second time in three days without warning. Cage walked off the set in a rage, Brumbaugh added.

“I told the AD [assistant director], ‘She needs to be let go,'” Brumbaugh said, adding, “After the second round I was pissed off. We were moving too fast. She’s a rookie.”

Brumbaugh added that he found out The Old Way was Gutierrez-Reed’s first time as an armorer on a film set after he told his superiors that the production needed a more experienced armorer.

A producer of The Old Way, however, told TheWrap that he has “no such recollection” of Gutierrez-Reed engaging in this behavior on set and that nobody ever asked for the armorer’s dismissal.

“I have no such recollection of this event on our set. I asked my partners the same,” the producer said. “The details on some of these accounts specifically when it pertains to The Old Way have been blown out of proportion.”

Despite the producer’s remarks, Brumbaugh insists that Gutierrez-Reed did the following, per TheWrap:

-Walked onto the set with live rounds of blanks and no public announcement to the cast and crew, breaking established safety protocols.

-Tucked pistols under her armpits and carried rifles in each hand that were ready to be used in a scene. Firearms were aimed at people. She turned around and the pistols that were tucked under her armpits were pointing back at people.

-Twice fired guns on the set without giving any warning to the cast and crew, as required. The first time she was demonstrating the gun volume to see if the loud sound would startle the horses when without warning the gun went off.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertain...vious-gig-you-just-blew-my-fing-eardrums-out/
Low budget films appear to favor sub par help.

Rocky R.

For something as critical and potentially deadly as handling firearms, why was she hired when she was clearly unqualified especially with mistakes like these that could possibly lead to serious injury / death? Politics, I guess. Many NRA members are ten times more qualified than she and have a very good understanding of firearms safety / handling.

TimeWarpWife

Sadly, this was the perfect storm for something so horrible, and preventable, to happen. :sad There's plenty of blame to go around, not just for Alec Baldwin, this isn't all on his shoulders, a lot of people are just as responsible. I don't care for Alec's personality and behavior, but keep in mind that his brother, Stephen, professes to being one of our brothers-in-Christ and this must be heartbreaking for him. We need to keep Stephen and Alec in prayer during this terrible time for both of them. :pray Hopefully, God will use this for good and bring Alec to the saving grace of Jesus Christ.

Back