Al Sharpton turns to the Bible to defend abortion, because the Bible is all about choice

LoudRam

It’s always crazy to see these memos go out and hear the same thing repeated over and over. As Twitchy reported, “The View” host Whoopi Goldberg recently argued that “God doesn’t make mistakes,” and God “made us smart enough to know when [a baby] wasn’t going to work for us.” Not long after, Georgia Gov. Stacey Abrams claimed not only that “it is lethal to be pregnant in Georgia if you are a black woman,” but that abortion at any stage of a pregnancy is a right from “the free will that the God I believe in gave us.”

Now we have the Reverend Al Sharpton weighing in with a similar argument: God gave us choice, including abortion.

Sharpton urged Democrats to “message it in a way that it is about choice. It’s not about saying I’m voting that I support abortion or not.”

For Sharpton, the choice is not between abortion and no abortion, but “whether they’re going to have a safe abortion. We always had abortions, but we had these back alley, very risky abortions and we’re saying that rather than have people in those situations, they should be able to choose whether or not they want to do, even if it is something that I do not believe in.”

Turning to the religious question, Sharpton claimed, “The Bible, if you’re using this as a religious argument, the Bible is about choice. You can go to heaven or hell. There’s nowhere in the Bible that says you had to go to heaven.”

Full story here:
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/202...ortion-because-the-bible-is-all-about-choice/

NewWine2020

It’s always crazy to see these memos go out and hear the same thing repeated over and over. As Twitchy reported, “The View” host Whoopi Goldberg recently argued that “God doesn’t make mistakes,” and God “made us smart enough to know when [a baby] wasn’t going to work for us.” Not long after, Georgia Gov. Stacey Abrams claimed not only that “it is lethal to be pregnant in Georgia if you are a black woman,” but that abortion at any stage of a pregnancy is a right from “the free will that the God I believe in gave us.”

Now we have the Reverend Al Sharpton weighing in with a similar argument: God gave us choice, including abortion.

Sharpton urged Democrats to “message it in a way that it is about choice. It’s not about saying I’m voting that I support abortion or not.”

For Sharpton, the choice is not between abortion and no abortion, but “whether they’re going to have a safe abortion. We always had abortions, but we had these back alley, very risky abortions and we’re saying that rather than have people in those situations, they should be able to choose whether or not they want to do, even if it is something that I do not believe in.”

Turning to the religious question, Sharpton claimed, “The Bible, if you’re using this as a religious argument, the Bible is about choice. You can go to heaven or hell. There’s nowhere in the Bible that says you had to go to heaven.”

Full story here:
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/202...ortion-because-the-bible-is-all-about-choice/

The "Rev" Al Sharpton has found a way to stay relevant! Good for him.....(not).

He is and always has been nothing but a race baiter who profits off the suffering of "his" people.

I seriously, seriously doubt he has anything in common with the people he champions other than the content of melanin in his and their skin. He's certainly in a different tax bracket than 90% of American citizens of any skin tone.

Jesus Is Coming!

Don't you just love watching them twist themselves into pretzels trying to justify what they know is wrong? The sad thing is that so many people listen to their lies.

I know the best way to prevent abortions is to not get that way in the first place! If they can't use any type of birth control, then they could try that new concept so they don't get pregnant.....KEEP THEIR LEGS CLOSED. :tappingfoot

mphsmom

If he doesn't change his ways and turn to the Lord, he will soon discover where his choice leads him (and others like him) to. I always wonder if at the Great White Throne Judgement, God will let these people speak and try to defend themselves and their choices before the Lord turns around and splashes cold water on their arguements (the last cold anything they will ever feel again). Should be very interesting, and very sad, to watch.

katt

Now..after all these years Al Sharpen spouts The Bible..Really? This man and Jesse Jackson have been around my whole life..both carry the title Reverend in front of their names..and yet in my entire life have I ever heard either one of them pray..give a sermon or even mention the name of Jesus in a conversation..on the news..talk show or otherwise.. the salvation of both of them is between them and God...the fruit of The Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Meakness and Faith...by their fruits we shall know them...I have never seen any of the fruit of The Spirit exhibited in either one of them...

Bethlehem57

Full story here:
Way to go Al. God will not be mocked!

Satan’s man twisting Scripture to suit his needs…

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
We have the freedom to choose :fish for our salvation or not to choose. Rejecting :fish will send a person to hell. The reason is :fish is the way, the truth, and the life no man comes to the Father but by me. :fish comex to give life and life more abundantly. The :diablo thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy.