Age of the Earth

Rocky Rivera

Only God knows the exact date of the Earth (and the universe) down to the microsecond, but I'm just interested in finding out the number of years it's been since He said, "Let there be light." Answers in Genesis has made the case for the best answer so far, that being 6,000 years. I think what they mean is that from Adam, the first man to Moses there have been 2,000 years; from Moses to The Christ there have been 2,000 years; and from The Christ to us moderns there have been about 2,000 years. If God considers a thousand years to be like "one day" of the cosmos, that means there have been six "days", and on the seventh there will be "rest", correct? Which means that if the final millenium before eternity is close, it follows that the Rapture and Second Coming -- or at least the final age -- is almost upon us.

DanLMP

My default position is 6000ish years old. That's not based on anything scientific.

A simple reading of Scripture adds up to 6000ish years. I take my stance based on my desire to follow God. God, as far as I can see, has not expressed any opinion that would contradict that age.

I know that many people put a lot of years in before mankind arrived, I believe in between certain Genesis chapters, but in my opinion it is just speculation based on a desire to make Scripture match the human opinion of the earths age.

And if I'm wrong, who cares? Give me a demerit.

Last edited:

Andy C

My default position is 6000ish years old. That's not based on anything scientific.

A simple reading of Scripture adds up to 6000ish years. I take my stance based on my desire to follow God. God, as far as I can see, has not expressed any opinion that would contradict that age.

I know that many people put a lot of years in before man kind arrived, I believe in between certain Genesis chapters, but in my opinion it is just speculation based on a desire to make Scripture match the human opinion of the earths age.

Concur.

ItIsFinished!

I know that many people put a lot of years in before man kind arrived, I believe in between certain Genesis chapters, but in my opinion it is just speculation based on a desire to make Scripture match the human opinion of the earths age.

Yup

TheRedeemed

God created a mature earth too. He made that clear when He filled the place with plants and animals and then declared let each reproduce after his kind. Could only happen if each creature/plant He created were full adults capable of such reproduction.

This maturity is never considered by the secularists and is why all of their own calculations are out by millions of percentage points.

Their very own science is beginning to trip them up too.

They state, and this is a fact, that DNA cannot survive more than around 5,000 years and yet recently they have been finding DNA in fossils that they said were millions of years old.

So what is it millions of years or less than 5,000 years that your own science proves?!

chaser

I read a story on the Mt. St. Helens eruption that had quite a few people in the scientific world doing some serious re-thinking. It seems that about 15 months to 2 years after the eruption that many of the trees that were taken out of the ground during the landslide and ended up in the lake bottom. And guess what, they were fossilized, petrified wood. It did not take millions of years for it to happen. It also stated the fossilized wood was aged by the current carbon dating methods and the age was in millions of years. I will look for the article and post link when I can.

Endangered

Another Mt St Helens mystery is in the lava rocks left behind. Science says these rocks should have had their clocks reset to zero years old because they were completely melted down into liquid state. When these rocks were tested in labs for age they were all over the place. From zero to over 50,000 years old and just about every age in between. If one rock was 10 years old and another was 50,000 then the difference was 5,000 times off.
I have lost all faith in scientific dating.

Rocky Rivera

Before they were called dinosaurs, they used to be called dragons. Also, we have no idea how the big reptiles looked like in Eden or before the Flood. Therefore we should not be dogmatic about their behaviors or diet, either. Evolutionists were once given a camel’s skull and they assumed it was some fierce predator. Well, a T-rex skeleton looks very similar to a koala’s! It would be funny if it were just a big koala.