After telling Republicans to 'head down to Florida where you belong,' New York Governor Hochul says the state has to figure out how to…

cheeky200386

I’ve lived in Georgia plus spent many a vacation in the Blue Ridge. It’s beautiful. Anyway, it’s hot and humid but not like Florida. I can’t even count how many times I’ve traveled at all times of the year from Florida including the last few years. I always have to stop for gas in Georgia, and it’s a remarkable improvement in humidity from Florida, even southern Georgia.

If I could live anywhere (besides Sugarland to go to Andy Woods’ church) I’d move near Birmingham, Alabama, or into Mississippi. We take that route (hwy 22) back and forth to Florida and Missouri, and it’s one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen. Open rolling hills, pasture, Wooded hills….it’s heaven to me.

My avatar will be a pic I took in the car last time.
Wow your avatar pictures is gorgeous. I'll let my husband know your suggestions if he doesn't get this new position.

cheeky200386

Cheeky, perhaps you could look at a Georgia map (can be ordered online if you don't already own one), and look at the names of towns in the Blue Ridge Mtn area. I suggest getting a spiral notebook & writing down on your Georgia page the names of the towns you might consider to be possibilities. Alongside the names, population, churches* (most important), and what you learn as you visit church websites will give you a bit of an indication of the conservative presence in that particular location. Then, after you've narrowed your search to a few possible towns, you could then get an idea regarding job possibilities for Mike by using online job postings within a certain circumference of that town.
I'll let Mike know and see if he wants me to do that kind of research. I know he's waiting to hear about this possible job opportunity, which should happen soon. If that goes through, then we'll be heading to West Virginia, near my mom and stepdad. I really like the small town they live in out in Western PA, but Mike doesn't like the state laws compared to the ones in West Virginia. We'll see where God leads us. I'm just excited to get out of FL, especially the senior citizen area we're in. It's been incredibly isolating.

I've barely attended church now that the pregnancy fatigue has kicked in. Even when I was going, it was isolating because all their fellowship activities were for the elderly. Once our lease ends, we're moving an hour up North to more family friendly towns in FL while we figure out our next move. I met a couple of moms at a play place an hour north (that's the closest one near us) and they told me we chose the wrong area. I can see why.

Nemophilist

Would you recommend Georgia. How is the climate. My husband and I can't stand the extreme 9 month long heat in FL and want to move further North but to a conservative area.

We're thinking of West Virginia but I was told Northern Georgia is nice. I wonder how the job market is near the Blue Ridge Mountains.
I highly recommend it! However, the heat and humidity of summer can be pretty bad. It's still very conservative, especially if you live farther away from big cities

cheeky200386

Yeah, nobody warns you of all the old folks in certain areas, lol.

Oh, I keep forgetting you have family in Pa. I love living near my family, especially in these times. It’s good to be around likeminded people.
That's what we're both excited about, getting the 4 seasons again and having family close by. I want my kids to have family and have fun every season. We've found being stuck indoors for 9 months out of the year pretty lame, but especially with little ones.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
I'll let Mike know and see if he wants me to do that kind of research. I know he's waiting to hear about this possible job opportunity, which should happen soon. If that goes through, then we'll be heading to West Virginia, near my mom and stepdad.
To my way of thinking, this is the very best place to be. . .near family, especially when little children are involved. Hopefully, Mike's job will come through so your family can move soon. :hug

Back