After telling Republicans to 'head down to Florida where you belong,' New York Governor Hochul says the state has to figure out how to…

ChildofLight

Months after telling Republicans to 'head down to Florida where you belong,' New York Governor Hochul says the state has to figure out how to stop people from leaving

In her New Year's Day inaugural speech following her 2022 election, New York Governor Kathy Hochul took aim at one of the biggest problems plaguing her state: people fleeing New York to escape the consequences of Democratic policies.

Her words were a far cry from her campaign rhetoric back in August, when she suggested that her political opponents, including Rep. Lee Zeldin, should "just jump on a bus and head down to Florida where you belong, OK? You are not New Yorkers."

Many people over the last months and years have taken exactly this advice, fleeing New York's oppressive, anti-business climate and crime rates for the greener pastures of Florida and other states. According to the Census Bureau, New York had the highest population decline of any state in the union in 2022, while Florida had the highest rate of population growth.

Hochul lamented this trend in her speech, saying, "We must and will make our state safe. … We have to make our state more affordable. … And we must reverse the trend of people leaving our state in search of lower costs and opportunities elsewhere."

For rest of story see-

https://www.theblaze.com/news/month...1-03&utm_term=ACTIVE LIST - TheBlaze Daily AM

Bethlehem57

A lot of them are also moving to North Carolina. Let’s just say we have a suspiciously high number of authentic NY style pizza places here in central NC.
It’s been going on for quite awhile in Western part of NC too. Charlotte is a hot mess of screaming liberal nut jobs. Talk about 15 minute cities…..Apartment complexes wall to wall with CATS transportation rails everywhere. And within those neighborhoods, grocers, drugstores and in the wealthier ones, clothing shops, restaurants, banks, etc.

Charlotte used to be ok to visit. Now, I can’t stand getting close!

cheeky200386

I agree! I live in Georgia, and you would not believe the number of people moving here from NY, Washington, California etc. Wish they would realize their voting habits are what made their states such a bad place to live. But I'm not holding my breath.
Would you recommend Georgia. How is the climate. My husband and I can't stand the extreme 9 month long heat in FL and want to move further North but to a conservative area.

We're thinking of West Virginia but I was told Northern Georgia is nice. I wonder how the job market is near the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Kerbluey

Would you recommend Georgia. How is the climate. My husband and I can't stand the extreme 9 month long heat in FL and want to move further North but to a conservative area.

We're thinking of West Virginia but I was told Northern Georgia is nice. I wonder how the job market is near the Blue Ridge Mountains.

I’ve lived in Georgia plus spent many a vacation in the Blue Ridge. It’s beautiful. Anyway, it’s hot and humid but not like Florida. I can’t even count how many times I’ve traveled at all times of the year from Florida including the last few years. I always have to stop for gas in Georgia, and it’s a remarkable improvement in humidity from Florida, even southern Georgia.

If I could live anywhere (besides Sugarland to go to Andy Woods’ church) I’d move near Birmingham, Alabama, or into Mississippi. We take that route (hwy 22) back and forth to Florida and Missouri, and it’s one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen. Open rolling hills, pasture, Wooded hills….it’s heaven to me.

My avatar will be a pic I took in the car last time.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
We're thinking of West Virginia but I was told Northern Georgia is nice. I wonder how the job market is near the Blue Ridge Mountains
Cheeky, perhaps you could look at a Georgia map (can be ordered online if you don't already own one), and look at the names of towns in the Blue Ridge Mtn area. I suggest getting a spiral notebook & writing down on your Georgia page the names of the towns you might consider to be possibilities. Alongside the names, population, churches* (most important), and what you learn as you visit church websites will give you a bit of an indication of the conservative presence in that particular location. Then, after you've narrowed your search to a few possible towns, you could then get an idea regarding job possibilities for Mike by using online job postings within a certain circumference of that town.

Back