After reading the Simeon thread I wanted to ask a follow up question to everyone as those were quite interesting.

Salluz

Re: toilets

Changed in a twinkling... hopefully not while tinkling

I'm not worried about being on the toilet or in the shower or whatever. I trust God enough to prepare me for the moment in a way that I won't be embarrassed. Something like instantly being clothed while putting on immortality. If I were in the shower, I imagine I would be miraculously blow dried. I hate the feeling of wet clothing :lol

I have the opposite desire as Andy. I want it to be as drawn out as possible so I can take in the view. I'm not scared of heights, but rather I am scared of falling from them. In an immortal body, I don't have to worry about falling anymore. Or fear in general. Let me enjoy my flight. I'm hoping we have control over how we perceive time in our glorified bodies, so I can draw the moment out to feel like hours and Andy can speed his up to be over in less than a second. Something like an extreme version of how time feels in a classroom versus on a playground, but controlled

athenasius

Love the answers, some just crack me up, others make me want to give you all a big hug.

I don't care but I'd like sooner rather than later. I keep hoping it will be soon.

G and I are going for a big juicy McDonalds burger after his medical stuff this afternoon, so maybe I'll borrow @Tall Timbers reply-- after a burger!

And this from @cavalier973 made me think of my uncle Ker who died last year. According to family he is buried in a plot right beside the Walmart parking lot. In a small town in Tennessee where he retired. I'd love it if his grave and the other Christian "occupants" exploded in front of Walmart shoppers. It would tickle my dreadful sense of humour no end. And it would serve the remainders right, as they stand there, mouths gaping open, flying dirt bombs cascading over into the parking lot as the graves let go the occupants.

Flight attendants.

I would prefer to be at home, and prefer to be awake, when our Lord calls us. I drive for a living, and would not want my truck to careen into oncoming traffic.

I would rather be caught on the toilet rather than be caught engaging in sin. That would be embarrassing.

I have a whimsical notion that we will hear different things at the Rapture; I expect to hear the song "Gospel" by the Marchforth Marching Band.

If you will indulge me, here is how I would dramatize the Event on film, if I had the skill, resources, and time:

The song's opening horns are slow, and, while the Rapture happens in the twinkling of an eye, in my mind time all but freezes for the Believers.

Scene: a crowded city sidewalk. The Believers are bathed in shafts of light, and they glance around at people (unbelievers) who are moving so slowly they seem to be frozen. Lighted Believers pick each other out in the crowd, and pure joy fills their faces.

Scene shifts to a cemetery, with a grieving congregation gathers around a coffin prepared for burial. A shaft of light hits the coffin (and, numerous graves, visible in the background). When the song's chorus begins to sing "Rise up....to the sky", the coffin lid opens, and the person inside climbs to his feet and begins slowly to float upwards. Light-bathed believers among the mourners shield their eyes as they watch him, then look around at the graves opening around the cemetery, as more formerly deceased believers begin to rise.

Scen shifts to a high altitude, and we see people rising toward a central point in the sky, where our Lord stand with open arms.

When the chorus begins to sing a second stanza of "Rise up...", then the believers who were still mortally alive begin their ascent. As the chorus ends, and the trumpets kick back in, time begins to speed up, and the Lord and His Church begin to soar past stars and galaxies.

The end of the song returns to the earth, with those left behind looking around with wonder and concern. Those in the cemetary are walking among still-open graves--proof of what just happened. One person pulls out a Bible and begins to read.

End.

chaser

I would be happy to go anytime, but if I could choose a time in next couple weeks I would say the 28th of this month, my brother will be in town and it would be my mom's 86th birthday who passed back in 2003, so maybe while he and I are having lunch would be cool to go up in the trumpet blast. But I'm hoping it is next November 6th,7th 8th because my brother invited me on a pheasant hunt in South Dakota, would be cool to go while walking in a field with the guests he invited all watching and I get taken up in front of them all!!:woohoo

usoutpost31

I hope to be found productive and serving the Lord faithfully when he comes. I think the cares of this world will fall away and not be remembered again so whatever specific activity I am engaged in at the moment it happens, not too important.

I don't believe in a "secret" Rapture; the Lord will come for us with the voice of the archangel and the trumpet of God, and I do believe it will be witnessed by many. Those who have receptive hearts will come to a saving knowledge of the truth. But there will be others who will refuse to believe it even if they see it. Remember Jesus performed his miracles in plain sight of everyone and yet many in Israel wouldn't accept him.

Círeth

Ideally right in front of my unbelieving Aunt and Uncle and cousins at the family gathering this Christmas. There will be thirteen adults and eight children there. When the children and nine adults vanish the four left behind will surely have to believe in Him.

Work4Peanuts

...I don't believe in a "secret" Rapture; the Lord will come for us with the voice of the archangel and the trumpet of God, and I do believe it will be witnessed by many. Those who have receptive hearts will come to a saving knowledge of the truth. But there will be others who will refuse to believe it even if they see it. Remember Jesus performed his miracles in plain sight of everyone and yet many in Israel wouldn't accept him.
I don't think it will be a secret, but I do wonder if the people witnessing will understand what is happening: Like Paul's conversion on the road to Damascus. His fellow travelers heard something but didn't see anything. Or Daniel's vision, where others were there and didn't see anything, but were terrified.

kathymendel

I'd like to be standing in front of my stepson and stepdaughter, who refuse to believe in their messiah, Jesus .
I'd like them to see me just go poof! and disappear before their eyes, with my clothing, etc. falling into a
puddle on the ground in front of them. THEN, maybe they would begin to consider that what I have shared with them
is really true!!!

hopefilled

I'd like to be standing in front of my stepson and stepdaughter, who refuse to believe in their messiah, Jesus .
I'd like them to see me just go poof! and disappear before their eyes, with my clothing, etc. falling into a
puddle on the ground in front of them. THEN, maybe they would begin to consider that what I have shared with them
is really true!!!
Praying for them to come to belief in Jesus as their Lord and saviour before the rapture!