After backpedaling on gas stove ban, administration plans to raise costs via new efficiency regs

GEOINTAnalyst

Soon after softening its public stance on banning gas stoves in response to backlash, the Biden administration is already planning to impose new costs on the appliances with stricter efficiency standards that have drawn a stinging rebuke form the natural gas industry.

The Department of Energy's Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy this week proposed new efficiency standards for consumer cooking appliances, claiming they would save a "significant amount" of energy.

U.S. Oil and Gas Association President Tim Stewart is discounting the regulators' claim — and accusing them of concealing an ulterior motive.

"The potential environmental benefits will be very small because the potential energy efficiency improvements are very small," Stewart said in a statement to Just the News.

"The Biden Administration is doing everything it can to make natural gas and natural gas appliances more expensive to force consumers to fuel-switch," said the industry advocate. "Across the administration they are working against the use of natural gas, even though right now natural gas is incredibly inexpensive."

Florida GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis pushed back against any government regulation of gas stoves by proposing a permanent tax holiday on them.

DeSantis' 2023 state budget ("Framework for Freedom Budget") proposed four permanent sales tax holidays covering baby necessities, cribs and strollers, over-the-counter pet medications and gas stoves.

"They want your gas stove, and we're not going to let that happen," he said at the state Capitol.

https://justthenews.com/politics-po...be-more-efficient-after-biden-reversal-stance

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I just read somewhere that the EPA is going to compel Alaskans to burn a reformulated low sulfur diesel to warm our houses. They've already got us using number 1 instead of number 2. It's going to cost another couple dollars more per gallon. We're already paying between $4 and $5 dollars a gallon. That'll force a lot of people up here who don't have well insulated homes to abandon their properties and leave the state, I think. This war against fossil fuels is pure insanity... especially when clean natural gas is attacked.

athenasius

I just read somewhere that the EPA is going to compel Alaskans to burn a reformulated low sulfur diesel to warm our houses. They've already got us using number 1 instead of number 2. It's going to cost another couple dollars more per gallon. We're already paying between $4 and $5 dollars a gallon. That'll force a lot of people up here who don't have well insulated homes to abandon their properties and leave the state, I think. This war against fossil fuels is pure insanity... especially when clean natural gas is attacked.
It's crazy all over. Just today the BC govt announced a new carbon tax hike effective April 1, more the fool us for electing them. I didn't but I have to live with that reality.

We already pay a huge carbon tax but it's going up again. It's on natural gas, diesel and everything petrochemical. That means we pay more for carrots because they are trucked in from California using diesel.

The same little greenie environmental activists come out in protest against our Hydro Electric company building new dams to deal with the spikes in electricity useage already, and they still want us to buy and drive electric cars. In the interior of BC that is insanity. And heat with electricity.

But those little protesters are first in line to whine when their electricity is threatened, but we can't build more dams. If we go nuclear, they go nuclear.

This is not winnable.

It isn't meant to be.

Thank the Lord for His soon return. Sucks to be Left Behind!

Back