Afghanistan: Taliban bans forced marriage

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Afghanistan: Taliban bans forced marriage
But there is no word on whether girls, women will be allowed to return to school or work.
By ARSHAD MEHMOOD/THE MEDIA LINE
Published: DECEMBER 7, 2021

Thomas West, the US special representative for Afghanistan, welcomed the Taliban‘s supreme leader’s decree requiring a woman’s consent to marriage. “At the same time, much more is needed to ensure women’s rights in every aspect of Afghan society, including schools, workplaces, politics and media,” he said in a tweet on Saturday. The decree does not mention female access to education or to work outside the home.

The US and its allies remain concerned that the Taliban have significantly reduced women’s rights since regaining power. Street protests demanding human rights have been violently suppressed. Most girls and women from grade seven on up have not been allowed to attend school, and most women outside the health sector have been barred from going to work. On Friday, Mullah Hibatullah Akhundzada, the Taliban’s supreme leader, issued a decree stating that women should not be considered “property” and must consent before marriage “Both [women and men] should be equal,” it reads.

more............. https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/afghanistan-taliban-bans-forced-marriage-688114

JamesSuth

Possibly a foretaste of what will happen on a much greater scale after the rapture - in terms of a meeting of minds with the islamic world. At the moment satin's kingdom is divided against itself. Perhaps that is partly a good thing as it keeps them busy with each other rather than us. But I suspect after the rapture the islamic and atheistic world will come together to some extent in a way we can't imagine under the common rule of the AC. When millions go missing (and the world won't want to acknowledge it is God - so if it is unknown they will panic), and the resulting conflict and economic collapse, people will accept anything. Their beliefs and religions won't matter so much when they are hungry.

daygo

Possibly a foretaste of what will happen on a much greater scale after the rapture - in terms of a meeting of minds with the islamic world. At the moment satin's kingdom is divided against itself. Perhaps that is partly a good thing as it keeps them busy with each other rather than us. But I suspect after the rapture the islamic and atheistic world will come together to some extent in a way we can't imagine under the common rule of the AC. When millions go missing (and the world won't want to acknowledge it is God - so if it is unknown they will panic), and the resulting conflict and economic collapse, people will accept anything. Their beliefs and religions won't matter so much when they are hungry.
Do not think the islamic world will survive the ezekiel war, could be wrong but I think it will be totally destroyed.

crunchymama

Interesting. I think it might be more related to the One-World Religion- the 3 "Abrahamic Religions" in 1. We see the push to merge Islam, Judaism, and Christianity together- UAE, anyone? In order to do so, compromises must be made in all three to make them more compatible, I would think. I know some Muslim countries are trying to appear more moderate.

cheeky200386

Interesting. I think it might be more related to the One-World Religion- the 3 "Abrahamic Religions" in 1. We see the push to merge Islam, Judaism, and Christianity together- UAE, anyone? In order to do so, compromises must be made in all three to make them more compatible, I would think. I know some Muslim countries are trying to appear more moderate.
And we know what compromise means for Christianity, sadly rejection of sound doctrine.

usoutpost31

Most of the time the woman or young girl is coerced or forced into testifying her decision to get married was entirely voluntarily.

They certainly aren't going to come to the rescue of any Christian women in their country.