Afghanistan: 'America will pay a price for years to come,' say experts

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Afghanistan: 'America will pay a price for years to come,' say experts
Washington experts weigh in on the regional implications of US withdrawal from Afghanistan
By OMRI NAHMIAS
AUGUST 16, 2021

WASHINGTON – The US’s chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan has cast a shadow over the Biden administration’s foreign policy. That the Taliban easily drove through Kabul to recapture the presidential palace is a blow for the administrations’ assessment. On July 8, Biden was asked whether he believed a Taliban takeover of Afghanistan was inevitable. “No, it is not,” he said. “The Afghan troops have 300,000 well-equipped – as well-equipped as any army in the world – and an air force against something like 75,000 Taliban. It is not inevitable.”

“Do I trust the Taliban? No,” Biden continued. “But I trust the capacity of the Afghan military, who is better trained, better equipped and more competent in terms of conducting war.” It turned out to be yet another miscalculation by the US in Afghanistan. How didn’t the US see this coming? What could be the regional implications of the withdrawal?

more............ https://www.jpost.com/international...-a-price-for-years-to-come-say-experts-676884

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
We've been paying a very high price ever since this illicit administration took over. So much ruination in such a short period of time. diben's handlers are making the destructive obama years look like a picnic in comparison. I personally don't think diben has a whole lot of awareness of what's going on around him...