Adolf Hitler in Heaven?

J Dub

Suppose I were to tell you that Adolf Hitler is in Heaven right now. Suppose (I did say suppose) I told you he accepted Jesus Christ as his Savior right before he died.

Most Christians, at least the ones I have met would say no way!!! They would say someone like that does not deserve to go to Heaven. So I would say to them, well do you deserve to go to Heaven? Of course they will say no I don't, but I am not nearly as bad as Hitler. He really needs to burn in Hell forever!!! So I would say, based on his works I would totally agree with you. Are you saved by your works? They would hopefully reply no, I am save by grace. I would then say, OK can't Hitler be saved by grace, or does God have another standard for some? Don't know what they might say next, but you can see by the logic that Hitler could actually be in Heaven.

If I had to guess one way or the other, I would guess that we won't see Hitler in Heaven. That is only my guess though. I really have no idea who I might see in Heaven, as the requirement is so simple. So the thief on the cross was saved. Would he have been saved if he was a murderer? The correct answer is yes.

So let us not say who and who is not saved. Only God knows!!!
Two instances from scripture come to mind about this. The first is the thief on the cross. He lived a life of evil no doubt (why else was he being crucified) yet in his last moments he placed his faith in Christ, and was told by Christ himself that he would be in paradise that very day.

The second is Matthew 20....The laborers in the vineyard. Some were hired first thing in the morning, some later, some in the afternoon, and some even in the "eleventh hour". To most on this board, we can easily discern what is meant by the eleventh hour. Despite when the workers were "hired", they all received the same pay.

It is no different than us, whether we come to faith early in life, in the middle, or at the eleventh hour. Salvation is the same for all who are called by God.

Círeth

Purry, roary, one.
Two instances from scripture come to mind about this. The first is the thief on the cross. He lived a life of evil no doubt (why else was he being crucified) yet in his last moments he placed his faith in Christ, and was told by Christ himself that he would be in paradise that very day.

The second is Matthew 20....The laborers in the vineyard. Some were hired first thing in the morning, some later, some in the afternoon, and some even in the "eleventh hour". To most on this board, we can easily discern what is meant by the eleventh hour. Despite when the workers were "hired", they all received the same pay.

It is no different than us, whether we come to faith early in life, in the middle, or at the eleventh hour. Salvation is the same for all who are called by God.
Duh. Now that you've said that I finally get what that parable was about.

And I thought I had a brain...apparently not. Lol. :heh