Acts 3:21 "Times of Restitution of All Things"

crossnote

fully dependent upon His grace
I didn't find an area on this Forum to discuss the Millennium, but in my reading today I came across this message spoken by Peter...

Acts 3:19-21 (KJV) Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

This may be obvious to some here, but does the 'times of restitution of all things' refer to the Millennium?
I ask this because (1)the prophets are mentioned as speaking of it, (2) Peter's audience in Acts 3 are Jewish and (3) there is plenty of description of the Millennium in the Old Testament.

crossnote

Oh well, maybe when the elections are over we can get back to the more important things. Until then...:snoopy

AnewcreationinJesus

Soon and very soon ....
Hi Crossnote - yeah to me this speaks of the Millenial Reign of Jesus - as do many OT passages including Isaiah :)

Just thinking also of Job - I know that my Redeemer liveth and at the last HE SHALL TAKE HIS STAND ON THE EARTH!

Have heard Job is the oldest book of the Bible - well if I had an extra 6 hours a day I might be able to look into the history of Bible manuscripts etc which fascinates me. Am hoping there's a class in Heaven explaining and even showing the moments when Moses, Daniel etc actually wrote their original parchments!!!

crossnote

Hi Crossnote - yeah to me this speaks of the Millenial Reign of Jesus - as do many OT passages including Isaiah :)

Just thinking also of Job - I know that my Redeemer liveth and at the last HE SHALL TAKE HIS STAND ON THE EARTH!

Have heard Job is the oldest book of the Bible - well if I had an extra 6 hours a day I might be able to look into the history of Bible manuscripts etc which fascinates me. Am hoping there's a class in Heaven explaining and even showing the moments when Moses, Daniel etc actually wrote their original parchments!!!
ANC,
since Peter was speaking to/addressing Israel do you believe the Church will be included in the Millennium?

crossnote

The Church is a part of the MK. All past saved humanity that had previously died or was raptured or died in the Trib will be a part of the MK along with everyone still on earth at the time of Christ's return to set up the MK.
Are the 'restitution of all things' and the Millennium the same? I ask because Peter mentions spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets which seems to indicate a promise to Israel and not the Church. If the two terms are interchangeable it would seem like Peter is espousing a form of replacement theology where the Church becomes inheritors of the promises to Israel...which I doubt is the meaning.