About The Cross

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
About The Cross
By Dennis Huebshman

With all that’s taking place in this world today, there is less and less focus on the cross, and the true meaning of our Savior’s sacrifice. Please know that the cross was an evil and cruel instrument of death, and no one should worship that image or any likeness of it. However, when I see a cross it is a symbol that reminds me of my Lord and Savior, and what He gave of Himself for my sake and for all who will receive and accept His pure and holy gift. Each person is given the free choice to receive or reject the Savior. God forces no one, but would love for everyone to repent and have eternal Salvation, and a Home forever with Him. (2 Peter 3:9; ESV; all emphasis mine)

First, Jesus was not forced to come here and die for us, but chose to do so willingly. (John 10:18) He is one-third of the Holy Trinity – Father, Son, Holy Spirit – that has always existed, and will exist forever. When our Savior left His heavenly home, He allowed Himself to become lower than the angels for a time, and lived as a human. (Hebrews 2:9) He never ceased being God, but was completely obedient to the will of the Father in order that we would have a perfect advocate.

This is found in Philippians 2:6-8 which states; “Who, though He was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, (7) but emptied Himself by taking the form of a servant; being born in the likeness of men. (8) And being found in human form, He humbled Himself, by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.”

Following this, we observe just how much importance the Father has placed on this obedience. Verses 9-11 state; “Therefore, God has highly exalted Him and bestowed on Him the name that is above every name, (10) so that at the name of Jesus, every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, (11) and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of the Father.”

And it should be noted, for all who choose to worship satan as if he were some sort of god, even the devil will bow to the Savior before he is cast into the lake of fire forever. Satan and his demons are created beings, and are not deities.

Sadly, there are far more souls that are turning to evil and the so-called pleasures of this earth, than are turning to the One who shed His pure blood for our sakes. Jesus Himself stated this would be so in Matthew 7:13-14. Just watching world events unfold, we’re seeing more and more end-time prophecy being fulfilled, and the pace is more rapid than ever.

Hebrews 10:4; 12-14; “for it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. (12) But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, He sat down at the right hand of God, (13) waiting from that time until His enemies should be made a footstool for His feet. (14) for by a single offering, He has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.”

Our Heavenly Father is all about perfection, and could never accept anything other than a pure and holy sacrifice to atone for any sin, no matter how large or small the sin is. Jesus led a perfect sin-free life on this earth; the only person to have ever done so; and the only person who will ever do so.

When we confess that we are helpless sinners in need of saving grace; and that we have faith and believe that Jesus is our only pathway to the Father (John 14:6); and we call out for Him to save us, He will do so. (Romans 10:9-13) When God sees any of the Shepherd’s flock, He sees Jesus in us, and accepts us because of His Son; not for any works that we may do.

The ones that accept the world over our Blessed Savior believe we are totally foolish, and we actually become a threat to them in their minds. (1 Corinthians 1:18-31) When the time comes that the evil antichrist and his false prophet will come forth, those who will choose him will be given a strong delusion so they’ll believe that what is false is right. (2 Thessalonians 2) Prior to this, they will have had opportunities to turn and accept Jesus, but will have refused. At the Great White Throne of Revelation 20:11-15, they will be shown this.

Up to now, I have referenced songs, one at a time, in the messages that I have been privileged to post. For this message, two songs stand out, and are presented below. Both were written by Carroll Roberson from Ripley, Mississippi. He is a pastor, songwriter, singer and author. He can be located on YouTube with many wonderful hymns.

The first song shows that we all are tempted daily by the evil forces, but if we will turn to the Savior, He will cover us with forgiveness through His precious shed blood. It’s called, “Hidden By The Cross”.

1. The devil used to find me, every single day. No matter how I tried to stay out of his way. Our little game of hide and seek, would still be going on; but I found the perfect hiding place, and I’m making it my own.

Ref.) I’m hidden by the cross; hidden by the cross. Behind those Holy timbers, where Jesus pled the cause. I’m under His protection, and grace that can’t be bought. And the devil cannot find me; while I’m hidden by the cross.

2.) I know the devil wants me, to come back out and play. So he can see my weakness, and lead my soul astray. I’m where he can’t reach me now, there’s nothing he can do. And if he still wants to play, he’ll have to find someone new. (ref)

The second is called “Lord, Keep My Eyes On The Cross”. It’s a song that shows we want to serve and honor our Savior, and we realize that it is only through His pure shed blood that we are saved.

1.) Oh Lord, with my life I want to serve thee; and Lord, guide my steps that I might see. The pathway that You would have me follow everyday to lead others and bring glory to Thy name.

Ref.) Lord keep my eyes on the cross; to remind me of Thy love. For in sin my life was tossed, and mercy I’m not worthy of; help me never to forget, with Your blood You suffered loss. To redeem and set me free; Lord keep my eyes on the cross.

2.) And Lord, when I’m tempted to forsake Thee; when this road is filled with deep despair. Help me know that when You died, You were forsaken by the world. And on the cross Your love and mercy unfurled. (ref)

As stated earlier, the signs are getting stronger every hour of every day. Jesus said that when they “begin” to take place, our redemption will be near. (Luke 21:28) The beginning started just about a decade or so ago.

Our Father promised that the Shepherd’s flock – all true believers – will not go through the wrath. Think for just a moment of where you want to spend your forever. It’s your choice to make, and there are only two options – Heaven or hell. Today would not be too early to make the most important decision of your life.

We do not know the day or hour, but we do know our God does not lie, and He does not waste time on fables. (Titus 1:2) All He has said that will happen, will happen. This world is becoming more evil and deadly by the day, and the next event on the prophetic scale will be the Rapture.

After the Trumpet of God sounds, and the shout from the archangel is made, this world will go through the worst 7-year tribulation ever. What evil and mayhem happening right now will seem like a Sunday picnic compared to all that will take place.

You don’t have to be here for that time of wrath. We hope you’re with Jesus and all that will have been taken up to meet Him in the twinkling of an eye. (1 Corinthians 15:52)

So, until that time, we wish you “Ahavah Olin” – Love Everlasting!

[email protected]

https://www.raptureforums.com/dennis-huebshman/about-the-cross/

Bohdan

Absolutely!

The Star of David as a symbol of Judaism is a bit of Old Testament era heraldry repurposed by Jews in the 19th century. Before that the Jewish community felt no need for a "symbol of Judaism", but the figure was always perfectly legit as a heraldic device for the House of David. Found on Jewish synagogues and also some Christian church buildings going way back. Definitely OK as Christian symbolism as Christ was of the House of David.

The crescent moon with the star as a symbol of Islam has a more checkered past. It was the symbol of the moon goddess Diana sacred to the city of Byzantium. When Byzantium went Christian and became Constantinople, the Christians kept it as a heraldic device for the city. When the Turks took Constantinople in AD 1453 (857 in the Muslim calendar) they not only kept it as a heraldic device for the city, but made it the symbol if Islam. There's an earlier lunar cult connection in Islam (that doubtless influenced the decision), but not that specific symbol.

The Cross of Christ, however, isn't merely a symbol of Christianity, it is the unique truth of Christianity.
That is, Christ paid for our sins on the Cross.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Thank you for the recommendation of "Jesus Keep Me Near The Cross". I believe it would make for a great message. Denny
You can take any of them old blessed hymns that are theologically sound and Scripturally grounded and preach it to town and back.
"Near The Cross " is absolutely no exception.
I love that song.
Sister Missy shared her love for the song and I amen it.
That said, you should definitely sing this hymn this coming Sunday service.
;)
Good altar call song ✝️

Back