Abortions can resume in Texas after judge blocks pre-Roe v. Wade ban

depserv

Some people would say the conservative Justices are activist. It's a matter of perspective, so long as the Justices and Judges can support their rulings with the Constitution, case law, statutory law, rules of evidence and procedure, etc. . .

So long as there are tests in schools, there will be prayers in schools :lol
And so long as there are bullies on the buses and playgrounds, there will be more prayers in a lot more school-related places :lol
No, conservative justices are not activist, by definition. Words have meaning, and activist in this context means the judge makes law instead of interpreting it; the word conservative is used to refer to a judge that bases his opinions on what the Constitution says instead of what he wants the law to be. A judge that illegally makes law, as in the Roe v Wade decision, is called activist; one who does his sworn duty by not making law is not called activist; that judge is called conservative. This is because those called conservative support the Constitution and want the judge to do his sworn duty by not making law.

Given the ambiguity of the word conservative, I suppose it could be argued that a judge could be conservative and activist both, if he made law that conservatives liked, but if there has ever been such a thing it would be a rare exception (at least in modern times), and it would be based on a different meaning for the word conservative than what is typically used in this context, since the meaning is typically a judge who is not activist. Even if the activism serves the patriot cause an activist judge is not conservative, based on the words common usage in this context.

I rarely use the word conservative anymore in any case because it's too ambiguous; I prefer to use the word patriot in referring to those who stand in defense of America, in this case by being a real judge instead of an activist one. So I would call a judge who does his sworn duty a patriot judge, even though that judge is more commonly called conservative.

When I referred to prayer in school I was referring to organized Christian prayer led by the teacher, and everything that used to go along with it; that's what's typically being referred to by the phrase prayer in schools so I thought my meaning would be obvious; I could write everything in legalese so it could not possibly be misinterpreted, but no one would want to read it. I can remember when it was common for a school day to begin with the Pledge of Allegiance and the Lord's Prayer, and I can remember when the prayer came to an abrupt end, because of a bad decision by a corrupt court. I think this might have been as harmful as Roe v Wade (though maybe not as deadly, depending on how you define death).

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Ref prayer in schools, I put :lol in my post

When I started public school, we still had corporate Christian prayer led by the Teacher, Pledge of Allegiance, sang the star Spangled Banner (and sometimes other patriotic songs in addition), big Bible on a book stand (used multiple times daily by both students and the Teacher), the Ten Commandments were posted prominently on the wall, etc. We had prayer before milk breaks, too, and when JFK was shot, we had prayer before being sent home.

When TPTB removed Bibles and prayer from the classroom, we students brought in our Bibles and Torahs (Jewish kids) and took turns reading and praying aloud in front of the class in the mornings. Teacher blocked the window in the door and locked the door to prevent anyone from seeing or coming in (and likely to prevent losing her job).

There was a huge difference in school before and after, and as time went on, the differences became larger and larger, and not for the better :mad

I understand where you're coming from on interpretation versus writing new law. Some people think conservative Justices/Judges do that, just like some people think liberal Justices/Judges do. Not disagreeing that it's mostly liberal Justices/Judges that make instead of simply interpreting laws in modern times in the United States.

Praying

Texas Supreme Court blocks order that resumed abortions​

The Texas Supreme Court has blocked a lower court order that had given some abortion clinics confidence to resume performing abortions

Texas Supreme Court blocks order that resumed abortionsBy ANTHONY IZAGUIRRE and STEPHEN GROVESAssociated PressThe Associated PressTALLAHASSEE, Fla.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — The Texas Supreme Court blocked a lower court order late Friday night that said clinics could continue performing abortions, just days after some doctors had resumed seeing patients after the fall of Roe v. Wade.

It was not immediately clear whether Texas clinics that had resumed seeing patients this week would halt services again. A hearing is scheduled for later this month.

https://www.breitbart.com/news/shifting-abortion-laws-cause-confusion-for-patients-cli
Praying

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
There's a FB meme going around that says "Imagine being unhappy that babies will live."
I posted this months ago and got immediate backlash from a FAMILY member. Her argument was that she has been in homes where kids were neglected and abused. So better for them not to be born to unprepared and uncaring parents who did not want them. This girl is an incredible mother, by the way.

I was stunned....other family members *loved* her posts and reasoning. ( there are some liberals in our family...)

It goes back to the (false) argument that Conservatives only care about a child until it's born, which chaps my cheesecake. Even in the lower animal world, in most cases, a mother takes care of her child. I gotta leave this alone because I feel my blood coursing thru my body and I am getting aggrevated. It is a disgrace upon woman kind to abort or neglect her child.

fl2007rn

I posted this months ago and got immediate backlash from a FAMILY member. Her argument was that she has been in homes where kids were neglected and abused. So better for them not to be born to unprepared and uncaring parents who did not want them. This girl is an incredible mother, by the way.

I was stunned....other family members *loved* her posts and reasoning. ( there are some liberals in our family...)

It goes back to the (false) argument that Conservatives only care about a child until it's born, which chaps my cheesecake. Even in the lower animal world, in most cases, a mother takes care of her child. I gotta leave this alone because I feel my blood coursing thru my body and I am getting aggrevated. It is a disgrace upon woman kind to abort or neglect her child.
I think every family has a few liberals in it including mine. I try not to talk about any political things because there is no changing a liberal mind set. I have a gay sister in law that is married to another woman and they are truly liberal lunatics. I pray for them and realize only the Holy Spirit can help them see the truth about things. :hug

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
We don't talk about it, but my sister is pretty liberal (public school teacher) and her sons seemed to love Obama. I try to keep peace in the family.

I've got a few libertards in my family. What I noticed big time while I was in Oregon recently was people making political related comments during conversations that weren't even related to politics. Group think in Libertardian lands has helped blind a lot of people.