Abnormal construction material discovered in Babylon - report

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Abnormal construction material discovered in Babylon - report
The material has supposed connections to Babylonia's Tower of Babel, the myth that supposedly explains why different languages exist.
By JERUSALEM POST STAFF
NOVEMBER 4, 2021

Archaeologists have recently discovered bitumen and mortar plastered onto a brick dating back to the Babylonian King Nebuchadnezzar II, according to an Express report on Wednesday. The material has supposed connections to Babylon's Tower of Babel, the myth that supposedly explains why different languages exist. The Tower of Babel is mentioned in the Book of Genesis 11:1-9, which takes place after the story of Noah's Ark.

Last month, the world's oldest drawing of a ghost was discovered on a tablet that was also based back to the Babylonian era that was constructed approximately 3,500 years ago. The drawing presents a male ghost with his hands tied by a rope, being led by a woman pulling the rope. It is said to be a guide to getting rid of unwanted ghosts by acknowledging what brought them back to the living world.

more.............. https://www.jpost.com/archaeology/abnormal-construction-material-discovered-in-babylon-report-684000

Wings Like Eagles

I believe in the literal truth of the Bible. Now that English is becoming the universal language (and has been for some time) it is the language of science and technology. Much of what is being pursued in that field today is hellish. We are rapidly accelerating toward what scientists and technologists are calling, the "Omega Point". Knowledge--just as the Prophet Daniel said it would, in the time of the End--is increasing at a rate that no one can stop. Mankind is like a toddler playing with a loaded hand gun--too ignorant to know what he doesn't know and unable to stop playing with the object of his fascination. This moment was held back by the confusion of languages--God stated that as His purpose, when He confused the languages. Anyone who knows another language can tell you that you don't really "know" another language until you begin to think in that language. Rationality is linked to language--God made us that way. As with all "revolutions," it can often get away from those who provoke it (see the French Revolution) and it leads to death and chaos. This time around, there will be one who steps forward with the promise that only he can fix things. And those in the world will follow him and worship him and his evil--until the True One comes to save the world and put His enemies below His feet. Maranatha!

JamesSuth

I remember reading not that many years ago that there was no physical evidence to support the existence of Babylon at all outside of the Bible, now more and more details are being filled in.

I think one reason the enemy likes to destroy so much in the physical world is to remove evidence of the truth of the Bible.

GEOINTAnalyst

Most secular scholars will use the word "Myth" instead of Biblical Facts due to the simple fact that there is no physical evidence other then the Bible to support the dispersion of languages - there is a bunch of theories but no physical facts. To us who believe in the Bible it is more like "God said it, I believe it, and that settles it"

Reason & Hope

Nebuchadnezzar lived 605 to 562 BC.
The Tower of Babel incident occurred about 2200 BC.

The only reason to tie in Tower of Babel is for clickbait. More people will click on an article about Babel than Nebuchadnezzar. Or perhaps the archaeologist mentioned this to get some attention.

It is the same materials -- brick, mortar, bitumen -- but that's it.

Cjhadley

Nebuchadnezzar lived 605 to 562 BC.
The Tower of Babel incident occurred about 2200 BC.

The only reason to tie in Tower of Babel is for clickbait. More people will click on an article about Babel than Nebuchadnezzar. Or perhaps the archaeologist mentioned this to get some attention.

It is the same materials -- brick, mortar, bitumen -- but that's it.
That is what I was thinking. There is close to 1600 years between the Tower of Babel and when Nebuchadnezzar was born. Unless it meant a rebuilt version that Nebuchadnezzar attempted to build from what I have read, but that version has nothing to do when the one in Genesis.

daygo

Hmmm interesting, saw pictures of babylon and saw the streets and you can see the bitumen there.

MapleLeaf

They will probably make an Ancient Aliens episode out of this.
When I was younger I would watch shows like that to see where their premises would fall apart...and for the laughs. The narrator would always have this deep, husky tone to make things sound more intimidating and sensational. It's like clickbait in documentary form. It was also as close as to a scary "movie" that I would get. I think a part of me wanted there to be magic in the world (was a big Narnia fan as a kid) and things yet to be discovered. I wanted Loch Ness and Sasquatch to be real so badly. LOL Not as monsters but real, biological creatures. I would get out the popcorn for an "It was aliens!" documentary on Babylon. haha

Back