Abbas meets US envoy, calls on Biden admin. to end Israeli ‘aggression’

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Abbas meets US envoy, calls on Biden admin. to end Israeli ‘aggression’
Abbas urged the US administration to intervene to end the Israeli “aggression” and “escalation” and to begin efforts to reach a political solution.
By KHALED ABU TOAMEH
MAY 17, 2021

The Palestinian Authority on Monday demanded that the US administration exert pressure on Israel to end its military strikes in the Gaza Strip. The demand was made during separate meetings between US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Israel and the Palestinians, Hady Amr, and PA President Mahmoud Abbas and three senior Palestinian officials: Hussein al-Sheikh, head of the General Authority for Civil Affairs, Majed Faraj, head of the General Intelligence Service and Majdi Khaldi, diplomatic affairs adviser to Abbas.

The meeting between Abbas and Hady came days after the PA president received a phone call from US President Joe Biden concerning the latest flare-up of violence in the region. At the meeting on Monday, Abbas urged the US administration to intervene to end the Israeli “aggression” and “escalation” and to begin efforts to reach a political solution on the basis of international resolutions pertaining to the Israeli-Arab conflict.

more............ https://www.jpost.com/arab-israeli-...-biden-admin-to-end-israeli-aggression-668359

Batman

Yep, the arrogant USA needs to pressure Israel to stop so that the arrogant Hamas isn't decimated and made an example due to their hate, terror, and stupidity. That makes a lot of sense all around. It's almost laughable. If my wife was being harassed verbally and even some physical assaults were occurring and after years and years of it I made a HUGE example for everyone by totally pummeling the culprits so that no one else would dare to do it as well, I can totally see how I was wrong, my wife was wrong, and it was not something we should escalate to such defensive/offensive action so that it stops going forward...........that type of thinking would just be silly.

daygo

Yep, the arrogant USA needs to pressure Israel to stop so that the arrogant Hamas isn't decimated and made an example due to their hate, terror, and stupidity. That makes a lot of sense all around. It's almost laughable. If my wife was being harassed verbally and even some physical assaults were occurring and after years and years of it I made a HUGE example for everyone by totally pummeling the culprits so that no one else would dare to do it as well, I can totally see how I was wrong, my wife was wrong, and it was not something we should escalate to such defensive/offensive action so that it stops going forward...........that type of thinking would just be silly.
Agree, spot on.