A Yale professor said Japan's old people should kill themselves in a mass suicide

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
The govt is trying to expand the suicide program to include people struggling with Depression (and suicidal thoughts). Not just the elderly who want medical care so they can continue living or those dying of cancer or heart disease who want a few more precious moments of life.

so good luck getting help with a suicidal family member in Canada.

I'm horrified that Japan is going the same way.

by the way this is how it starts. It gets introduced, people get mad, they pull back. Then a few months later same till they wear down the opposition to it.

Or in Canada's case till they rig enough elections that they can pass it.

I was still quite young, but when the Roe v.s Wade decision essentially became the law of the land, pro-life people were saying that euthanasia would come next for our elderly. The pro baby murder crowd countered, with no, that'll never happen. Now we're not only offering to Euthanize our Seniors, but just about anyone else who wants to leave this world for any reason.

At some point I can see thousands of teens around the world, going through those awkward years, getting euthanized without parental support because the system will give them that right. Imagine being the parent when that happens :(

Batfan7

I believe I read (but can't find the article, so take this with a pinch of salt) that the prof who proposed the suicide of elderly has a youthful following in Japan. It always interests me how ideas like this will get support from youth, but then they age.... and probably no longer would support it, but too bad for them. The irony is a bit overwhelming. Anyway, this is just one more stone in the path to population reduction in the OWG plans. And it's all without exception, evil.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I believe I read (but can't find the article, so take this with a pinch of salt) that the prof who proposed the suicide of elderly has a youthful following in Japan. It always interests me how ideas like this will get support from youth, but then they age.... and probably no longer would support it, but too bad for them. The irony is a bit overwhelming. Anyway, this is just one more stone in the path to population reduction in the OWG plans. And it's all without exception, evil.

Reminiscent of Logan's Run . . .

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I was reading about this. After the firestorm created by his remarks, he walked it back a bit, but it seems pretty obvious that this is where the world is going. Canada is way ahead in this regard... I fully expect that at some point in the near future someone in the health care business who is supposed to look after my health will suggest that maybe it's time to pull the plug. I think it will become an option real soon in the US, one that Believers, or at least most of them will not accept, despite the fact that what waits for us on the other side is going to be so much better.

I noticed my Dad's non-VA primary care doc soft-pedaling and discouraging having something done, but he would have insisted on it being done if Dad was a lot younger. Dad's VA primary care doc really encouraged Dad to have it done, but left the decision up to him after explaining the rationale for doing it and pros (many) and cons (only one). Dad had it done and we're both glad he did. There are subtle (and not-so subtle) ways that a doc can manipulate someone's choices and decisions, especially an elderly or other highly suggestible person, or someone that blindly believes the doc is always right and has the patient's best interests at heart. There's a lot of encouraging/helping elderly to die off faster through "benign neglect," which is anything but "benign" :tappingfoot

I think it's important that an elderly person get proper testing and diagnoses, plus the pros and cons of all treatment options so he or she can make an informed decision about which, if any, treatment(s), instead of a doc taking that decision away from the patient by not testing. Docs like that are no different than "death panels," "rationing boards," etc. because the end result is involuntary, premature, preventable death.

Elderly people are just as much people than young(er) and all are of priceless value to God, who created us all.

:biggrin GRAY LIVES MATTER :biggrin

Last edited:

alisani

Not just the UK. Here, it's important to ensure one's wishes about hydration and feeding are in writing on the right document and one's designated representative will stand up for you when necessary.
Agree. Oregon is now a "death tourist" spot for those who, for whatever reason, wish to die. And now we have 11 states where medical assistance can be accessed for suicide. Medicaid and Medicare, are also considering providing coverage, some private insurance companies already do.

Back