A Terrifying Glimpse of the World After the Rapture

DWB

I always wonder what percentage may be in the rapture? True belivers in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Not the average church goer who says they believe in God, but real believers who know they are saved by the blood of Christ. Maybe less than 5% of the total population. The rapture may not cause quite the economic collapse some predict. I think it will be similar to the "Left Behind" movie where maybe one member of a family is taken. Just a thought. I remember reading one Bible Study where the author said church will continue to meet each Sunday just as before!

Love His Appearing

I always wonder what percentage may be in the rapture? True belivers in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Not the average church goer who says they believe in God, but real believers who know they are saved by the blood of Christ. Maybe less than 5% of the total population. The rapture may not cause quite the economic collapse some predict. I think it will be similar to the "Left Behind" movie where maybe one member of a family is taken. Just a thought. I remember reading one Bible Study where the author said church will continue to meet each Sunday just as before!
I think SOME of the mega churches will still be fully occupied including the leadership. I think that fact will cause people to think the disappearances couldn't possibly be the rapture. Most people equate christianity with Catholicism. The fact that most--NOT ALL--Catholics will still be here will also "dispute" the rapture theory.

Rocky Rivera

If people left behind are wise, they will immediately head to the country, even if on foot. Here in MO, we have quite a bit of farmland, but many more hobby farms. Many of those folks are old-time Christians. Nearly every one of them has a cellar somewhere near their house. Those cellars are filled with food they have canned themselves, along with other supplies. They likely won't be thinking of this immediately after we're snatched away, but I bet some will realize what happened and head for the hills. Those old decrepit looking homes are going to be saving a lot of people from starving to death. I think it's pretty awesome that so many of the older farmers have done this for years. They may think they are just stocking up in case we have some bad weather, or maybe they're worried about the economy or something. My thought is they have stocked up for those left behind without even knowing it. Even an army the size of the AC's isn't going to be able to find all that food or those supplies. I bet God will reveal it to his own though, when the time is right.
Not to mention the stockpiles of weapons and ammunition left behind by American Christians. Of course, many will go by way of martyrdom. If anyone has taken the Mark of the Beast, I'm sure the Tribulation Saints will know not to witness to them -- they've sealed their fate. But they'll still take their chances with those that don't have it.

ItIsFinished!

I think SOME of the mega churches will still be fully occupied including the leadership. I think that fact will cause people to think the disappearances couldn't possibly be the rapture. Most people equate christianity with Catholicism. The fact that most--NOT ALL--Catholics will still be here will also "dispute" the rapture theory.
Very relevant point that I agree with.

Sojourner414

One thing to keep in mind is that with all the earthquakes and other geologic activity going on during the Tribulation, stored ammunition, food and other supplies may not be in an accessible condition, much less a usable one.

As to the world during the Tribulation: this reminds me of a study I did years ago on the Tribulation. As it progresses, the things of life that make civilization, society and whatnot possible will be removed one bit at a time. By the end of the Tribulation, the water will be undrinkable, air unbreathable, food nowhere to be found, heat that no one can stand, darkness so thick you cannot see in it, and the world becoming as close to a living hell as possible without actually turning the planet into a literal lake of fire.

Now, add to this panic, despair, looters taking advantage of the situation and all out riots, and the average person will be in a state between despair and terror. Most won't know what to do, and many may very well contemplate suicide in those hours immediately following the Rapture. The fear and outright hopelessness will be more than some folks can take.

I hate to have to say it, but it will be all of this that it will take to get people to look to the One they ignored while life was some semblance yet of "comfortable". I pray that folks still come to the Lord before that time and not have to experience the horror of horrors.

maranatha14

The message of salvation through Jesus Christ is of course the most important message in the Bible. But after that, prophesy is the most documented and described. Why more churches don't give good solid teaching in this area is astonishing to me.

Our church has members who are believers because of end times teaching, and the accuracy of God's Word. With current events being what they are, what an encouraging message it is for Believers.

JamesSuth

Very relevant point that I agree with.
Very much in agreement. I often wonder how people could possibly not believe in Christ if all the Christians disappear and there is such evidence of our faith being true. But that is the reality and not how they world will see it or portray it. With so many 'Christians' (who are not in reality but believe they are) left on earth, they will be strongly saying that it has nothing to do with Christianity because they are still here. I believe most will continue to think they are right. Then there is also the fact that the Gospel has spread all over the world. There are believers in every country (some secret) so the world will note that there are people missing from muslim, hindu and atheist countries and take that as further evidence that it has nothing to do with Christ. We also have to remember that the world system will have lost the Spirits' restraint will go all out to lie. So there is a likelihood that they will quickly begin to form lies about what happened. My own opinion is that in the initial hours people will be in a state of shock and disbelief and will be reporting truth as they know it. But as they begin (with the enemies help) to form opinions they will quickly change to lies. I can just imagine the news reporting something like 'it has now been discovered that people from all religions and parts of the world have disappeared' and go on to dismiss rapture theories. When I think about how much the world currently does not believe in Christ, it will be crazy for tribulation Saints.