A suggestion regarding abbreviations.

maranatha14

Hi there -
I have figured much of the following out with trial and error. But is there a place here that new members can learn what initials stand for? Things like DH and RCC and WOF are common knowledge to people who have been her for awhile, but to newcomers..... it is like a guessing game. Maybe this is a silly comment, but.... I know it was a struggle for me when I first joined in, and sometimes..... I am still not sure in some cases!

Only a suggestion. I love this website; blessing to all!

DanLMP

As a side note: The Forums seem to be heavily loaded with a lot of US citizens and we seem to discuss American politics a lot. Is their a desire for a basic lesson in civics on how the American Political system is supposed to run and how it actually does run?

For my own self, being American, I am frequently lost when other countries political systems are discussed. Especially Britain and Israel. Is their anyone who feels qualified on describing these systems? Both how they are supposed to work and how they actually do work.

Jonathan

As a side note: The Forums seem to be heavily loaded with a lot of US citizens and we seem to discuss American politics a lot. Is their a desire for a basic lesson in civics on how the American Political system is supposed to run and how it actually does run?

For my own self, being American, I am frequently lost when other countries political systems are discussed. Especially Britain and Israel. Is their anyone who feels qualified on describing these systems? Both how they are supposed to work and how they actually do work.
I would love such an education on EXACTLY those two countries (Britain and Israel). I know my own system (US) better than most, but am at a loss generally for those other two countries. The recent election and coalition forming in Israel was a reminder for me of that.

DanLMP

The other important thing to remember about the US is that it is a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy and it is a Government of the People, by the People and for the People. We the people are the Government.