A sight tonight about blew my mind............

Discussion in 'Christian Chat' started by kathymendel, Oct 8, 2018.

1. kathymendel

kathymendel Member

My daughter and I stepped into our back yard tonight - just in time to see the strangest light in the sky! It looked like a tiny bit of the moon - very bright - with glorious white "waves" of light coming from it like almost waterfalls. Very hard to describe. For a moment we stared at each other in awe, thinking perhaps it could be related to the rapture!!! Unfortunately, it wasn't. It was a rocket launch from Vandenberg AFB, we found out a bit later. But, oh my goodness, how our hearts raced and yearned ........... it was absolutely beautiful. Did anyone else here in So Cal see it????

2. DanLMP

DanLMP Well-Known Member

The effect in CA was on the news in Philly.

ShilohRose, Andy C, Luke12 and 2 others like this.
  3. athenasius

athenasius Well-Known Member

I’d be thinking the same for a moment. Most nights I look at the sky before bed and wonder if it’ll happen when I’m looking. Most likely not. But I pray Maranatha before I turn aside for bed.

4. Salluz

Salluz Well-Known Member

I've always wondered if we will be caught by surprise, eg I'm having a bowl of cereal in the morning and suddenly trumpets and shouts, or if we will all have a "feeling" that it is going to happen momentarily like a stirring in the spirirt, possibly waking us up from sleep if we are sleeping as to not be jolted awake?

I've always imagined it would be the middle of the night for some reason

5. DanLMP

DanLMP Well-Known Member

I would be willing to bet we all wonder what we will be doing.

And I wouldn't mind a little forewarning too. But with all of our aversion to date setting would any of us feel comfortable mentioning to each other that we got a heads up? And how long of a heads up should we expect if we did get one? Minutes, hours, days? How long of a heads up did Elijah get? Enoch?

As to it happening at night or the day, there are Christians over the whole world. At every time 1/2 the world is night and 1/2 the world is day. Someone has to be asleep when it happens.

6. Salluz

Salluz Well-Known Member

Actually didn't Elijah know that he was going to go to heaven that day? I remember Elisha being upset about it as he followed him to say goodbye. That's an interesting point.

7. greg64

greg64 Well-Known Member

Yes, Elijah knew as did many of the people he and Elisha encountered on their way that day. 2 Kings Chapter 2 contains the detail. The Bible doesn't say about Enoch. He walked so closely with God that maybe they were walking and talking one day and God just said let's go to my place? I guess you could say Lot got some warning, too. I see him as a type of the Rapture even if he wasn't taken to Heaven.

Interesting line of thought, but I don't think we'll specifically know ahead of time. It is sobering to think about what you'd do if you knew today was the day. How would it be different than a normal day? And why should it?

I think we do, however, have a warning in the sense that we're all seeing things come together and realize time is short.

8. Andy C

Andy C Well-Known Member

I think we will be doing whatever at that particular moment, then in a spilt second, called Home. No time to reflect, twinkling of an eye, with Him.

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

chaser, ShilohRose, Lynn and 3 others like this.
  9. Almost Heaven

Almost Heaven Well-Known Member

I don't think we will be aware of anything...here one minute...there the next...twinkling of an eye

chaser, ShilohRose, Lynn and 6 others like this.
  10. Love His Appearing

Love His Appearing Well-Known Member

me, too. which is why I am slightly disappointed most mornings when I wake.

chaser and ShilohRose like this.
  11. Kaatje

Kaatje Well-Known Member

I hope it, I believe it, but sometimes it is so hard to wrap my head around it.
    What about the practicalities? What if I’m driving my car?
    It will become a loose canon (literally).
    How about the stuff in the freezer, or a boiling pan on the stove?

I know I won’t have to worry about those things, but nevertheless, sometimes I do....

ShilohRose likes this.
  12. Salluz

Salluz Well-Known Member

I know it's easy for me to think this way because I have a pretty easy life compared to many, but my perspective has been shifting lately from being disappointed by each day to being thankful for it. I've seen God working and moving in many of the lives of people close to me within the last few months, so I know that if we aren't with him yet, it's because there's still work to be done. Every day we get here is a gift, the opportunity to do something more to thank him for that main priceless gift he has given us: eternal life. I'm happy with the sanctification occurring in my life and how I grow continually less Me-like and more Christ-like.

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. 25 Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, 26 so that through my being with you again your boasting in Christ Jesus will abound on account of me.(Philippians 1:21-26)

While Paul was immeasurably more important for spreading the gospel and edifying other believers than I am, the same principle remains that to live is Christ, and to die (or in this case--be raptured) is gain. Each day is a gift and I'm thankful for that opportunity for "fruitful labor"

13. Watching and Waiting

Watching and Waiting Well-Known Member

I dreamt one night that I had 30 minutes notice. (Absolutely not saying it was anything that meant a single thing here), it was wonderful to know I had 30 minutes to tell my mother, so she would finally believe. Of course everything kept getting in the road of me telling her, phones wouldn't work etc. lol. I don't remember if I ever got to tell her. I do wonder what it would be like to have some inkling, but more I think we will be about our business and whoosh. It'll be wondrous no matter when, I just hope I'm not sinning at the time is all. :)

14. Kaatje

Kaatje Well-Known Member

The same goes for me. I want to tell my mother, but she doesn't want to hear. So I wrote a letter to her.
    Then, when we are gone, and she doesn't know what happened, she can find the letter on my desk.
    It explains what happened, and tells her not ho fear, but to believe, and then, through the tribulation, she can come too.

DanLMP likes this.
  15. Watching and Waiting

Watching and Waiting Well-Known Member

I actually did similar and gave her several things to read, don't think she has read one of them. I wish she would, but she thinks that when you die to cease to be. Not sure where she got that idea from. We worry so about our loved ones, but the reality is, it is their choice. I hope your Mom reads your letter Kaatje and comes to salvation. Meanwhile we pray while we can. :)

DanLMP and Kaatje like this.
  16. DanLMP

DanLMP Well-Known Member

Their have been a few threads discussing leaving a Tribulation Survivors Guide.

Dr. Reagan has something to that effect on his website LambandLion.

I made up a red binder that I keep under my Bible for anyone that's left with all kinds of printed articles in it. I also have other articles in my Bible itself.

17. Kaatje

Kaatje Well-Known Member

Thank you DanLMP, I’ll check it out.

Watching and Waiting and DanLMP like this.
  18. John Robinson

John Robinson Member

My wife and I are writers, and our one and only end-times novel, LAST CALL (written under my real name, John Robinson), to date has gotten the most reviews of anything we've done, with the latest tally being seventy-two on Amazon and counting. As I said, it's strictly fiction, but we pray it at least gets skeptics thinking about Jesus' soon return.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018 at 3:06 PM
    Watching and Waiting likes this.