A Sense of the Nearness

finite68

For me there are lessons that my heart is hard against and He has to soften me in those areas before my spiritual understanding can be clear.
Thats why I kick myself many times when I remember reading a certain passage 2 or 3 years ago and it doesn't resonate or impact me the way it would today when I read it. Its like "why wasn't I surrendering that area??" Lol
Exactly ;) and well-said!

lismore

I've done more reading of the Word in the last 6 years than ever in my life after being born-again in 1993.
I have heard that from many Christians, they've found a new urgency in the last few years, especially since 2011, 2012, 2013 etc. I think the Holy Spirit is speaking to many believers about the times we're living in, the closeness of the Lord's return and to dedicate the remaining time to the Lord.
As Habbakuk said: For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay (Hab 2:3)
'Linger' and 'delay' are not the same thing. The appointed time is nearly upon us. Look forward to meeting you all soon in a better place.
God Bless :)

Epieikes

Yes, true. But I think it can also be the very passage that disappoints or turns people off is that Paul was telling people that 2000 yrs ago and they all died.

However we are commanded to anticipate His return.
If we DO die, as generations before us did, then we know that true believers are in His presence immediately. Win, win. "To live is Christ, to die is gain."

My curious mind wonders if, even among PreTrib Rapture-solid believers, some aren't still afraid to die. "One way or another, Lord Jesus. I just wanna be with You." When others see our genuine excitement about EITHER option, that'll preach.

Andy C

If we DO die, as generations before us did, then we know that true believers are in His presence immediately. Win, win. "To live is Christ, to die is gain."

My curious mind wonders if, even among PreTrib Rapture-solid believers, some aren't still afraid to die. "One way or another, Lord Jesus. I just wanna be with You." When others see our genuine excitement about EITHER option, that'll preach.
Its a win win situation. Either eternity starts immediately for me, or in a few more decades, the end result is the same!

I have no fear of dying, but would prefer the rapture vice a painful drawn out death!

Amethyst

Angie ... †

I don’t care about dying nor should a believer fear it

I was simply speaking to the fact that centuries have come and gone since those words of exhortation by Paul. And that “can” be a discouragement for believers to exhortation today.

lismore

I don’t care about dying nor should a believer fear it

I was simply speaking to the fact that centuries have come and gone since those words of exhortation by Paul. And that “can” be a discouragement for believers to exhortation today.
hello! Interesting point. I think our generation has signposts that haven't been there for 2,000 years, like Israel. When Paul wrote there was an Israel, not for any subsequent generation until 1948. God Bless :)

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I think the convergence of signs today shows that we are getting very close, but I don't know exactly when the rapture will happen.

I am with the rest of you and my afternoon is free for the rapture to happen. :lol
There is nothing so important that I don't have :rapture time to go to heaven. Even a trip somewhere is nothing compared to the glory of heaven with Jesus and all my brothers and sisters in Christ.

kathymendel

I think the convergence of signs today shows that we are getting very close, but I don't know exactly when the rapture will happen.

I am with the rest of you and my afternoon is free for the rapture to happen. :lol
I'm free, too! Anytime, Lord, but please SOON!!!!

My daughter, Deb, and I pray daily (and nightly) that it will happen any time now.
I'm turning 78 and while I am not afraid of death in the least (it would be a relief, really), I am praying we will go in the rapture.
I'd like to stay here til then, so we have my social security income and my assets to see us through. If I die it would put her in a
hard place...........financially and emotionally. We are resting in His promise and on the signs of His coming for us.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I'm tingly and haven't been sleeping well. Far too excited. Kind of like a kid on Christmas Eve :biggrin

Watching Ezekiel 38-39 unfold . . . what a privilege!

Not the same sense of dread about Russia/USSR like the Cold War and MAD. Just God's peace that He is in control, what will happen is His Will, and not to be concerned or scared because it'll be quick

Although, I still sometimes get the willies about starvation because of the news, plus grocery store spot out-of-stock and shortages, and prices.

Time to take a nap and dream of meeting Jesus, any time, now :cloud9

:pray :pray :amen :amen

lightofmylife

I'm tingly and haven't been sleeping well. Far too excited. Kind of like a kid on Christmas Eve :biggrin

Watching Ezekiel 38-39 unfold . . . what a privilege!

Not the same sense of dread about Russia/USSR like the Cold War and MAD. Just God's peace that He is in control, what will happen is His Will, and not to be concerned or scared because it'll be quick

Although, I still sometimes get the willies about starvation because of the news, plus grocery store spot out-of-stock and shortages, and prices.

Time to take a nap and dream of meeting Jesus, any time, now :cloud9

:pray :pray :amen :amen
Nothing like taking a :sleep2 nap :rapture and waking up in heaven! That is what I call a dream come true.

Love His Appearing

Sadly, this can also come across as depression. I once told a Christian counsellor that I was praying and longing for Jesus' return and he thought that meant I was suicidal. :rolleyes:

lightofmylife

Sadly, this can also come across as depression. I once told a Christian counsellor that I was praying and longing for Jesus' return and he thought that meant I was suicidal. :rolleyes:
One thing is for sure we do want to leave this crazy world, but not by suicide. Heaven is a sinless place and will be so beautiful in every way especially with :fish