A season of significant loss

lamborgini

My beloved mother in law died unexpectedly July 1, after getting off phone with us. She watched our little boy, once a week, for past year and a half.

Our dog had to be put to sleep in September.

My estranged mother (22 years) died on my son’s birthday.

Our family is so broken all around.

Siblings are fighting.

Brother in law is an alcoholic. He’s miserable in life and towards others.

Other sister in law has made some sketchy moves when mother in law died, that the family noticed, which caused another fight.
A slimy acquaintance introduced my father in law (mere weeks after MIL passed) to a woman who encourages him to lie, and who has completely changed him. He’s very caught up, and they were dropping “I love you” days after meeting. He’s so infatuated that he’s burning bridges protecting the crazy behaviors of this new woman.

He’s now fighting with the family too, when there are major red flags with her. I’m pretty level headed - and these even make me squeamish.

I’m tired. Although I’m not blood, the family weighs on me a lot because I didn’t have a great one growing up, and this used to be a good thing. I don’t even recognize this family now.

My sister in law LOVES Jesus but is taking this so hard. She has poor health to begin with and is rapidly going downhill. She’s also a recovering addict (sober several years).

My husband also loves Jesus, and is missing his mom so much and so floored at how his dad is acting.

I’m going to be closing my business as our family needs are different and it’s the right time, but it’s still a loss.

There’s just too much to type.

I’ve been high stress since July 1. I’ve tried to do the right things and know my place/stay in my lane, but it’s still been backfiring on me. I’m so exhausted. So exhausted dealing with everything day in and out.

Just please pray for my family. Pray for wisdom, conviction, and for the truth about this woman who Is taking advantage of my father in law, to come to light. Pray for peace. Again, I’m open minded and she’s even making me uncomfortable.

Pray for my husband, son, and I. We are just having an all around hard time working through this mess. It’s effecting me so much, I’m falling into a major depression.

If you’ve read this much, thanks.

Leigh

Oh Lamborgini, I am so sorry!! :hug Your heart must be broken, and I cannot imagine the stress you must be experiencing. Any one of these losses is overwhelming and you’ve got several happening. :cry

Prayers for you and your dear family as you deal with the grief and cope with all the changes and the challenges. :pray

Last edited:

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
Sister, you are down in a deep valley. I can't imagine how overwhelmed you must feel.
I hope you can do as @cheeky200386 suggested and have a short ( or long) getaway to just have a chance to catch your breath.
I hate hearing about Shady Lady. It seems like (some) men need a woman so badly and make terrible choices on the rebound.
Men need women...its Biblical, I think about Adam needing a help meet.
I am sending you hugs and prayers.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
I hate hearing about Shady Lady. It seems like (some) men need a woman so badly and make terrible choices. . .
Yes, Joy, I was sorry to read about the Shady lady, as well. Most men feel totally lost when their wives pass away. Believe it or not, there are 'shady ladies' everywhere, just waiting for a vulnerable, grieving new widower to come in view. These kinds are usually 'watching,' don't want any other woman in line ahead of them when it finally happens. All men, even those with living wives, should be warned about this possibility. My dad was invited over for a fried chicken dinner after my mom was gone less than 2 months. Yep, you guessed it, they waited the 'respectable' amount of time before they wed. Not long afterward, his eyes were wide open and he saw the 'quick' bargain he had made.
Yep, you guessed it, they finally divorced, but not until she had caused some hurt feelings in our family along the way.
Though I've not been through the loss of a spouse, it's just good wisdom to not make any quick decisions, especially one of such magnitude,after such a huge loss in one's life. God will order our steps if we ask Him to, and He never connects a new widower with a Shady lady. You can be sure of that!
Praying for you and your family :pray

GotGrace

My beloved mother in law died unexpectedly July 1, after getting off phone with us. She watched our little boy, once a week, for past year and a half.

Our dog had to be put to sleep in September.

My estranged mother (22 years) died on my son’s birthday.

Our family is so broken all around.

Siblings are fighting.

Brother in law is an alcoholic. He’s miserable in life and towards others.

Other sister in law has made some sketchy moves when mother in law died, that the family noticed, which caused another fight.
A slimy acquaintance introduced my father in law (mere weeks after MIL passed) to a woman who encourages him to lie, and who has completely changed him. He’s very caught up, and they were dropping “I love you” days after meeting. He’s so infatuated that he’s burning bridges protecting the crazy behaviors of this new woman.

He’s now fighting with the family too, when there are major red flags with her. I’m pretty level headed - and these even make me squeamish.

I’m tired. Although I’m not blood, the family weighs on me a lot because I didn’t have a great one growing up, and this used to be a good thing. I don’t even recognize this family now.

My sister in law LOVES Jesus but is taking this so hard. She has poor health to begin with and is rapidly going downhill. She’s also a recovering addict (sober several years).

My husband also loves Jesus, and is missing his mom so much and so floored at how his dad is acting.

I’m going to be closing my business as our family needs are different and it’s the right time, but it’s still a loss.

There’s just too much to type.

I’ve been high stress since July 1. I’ve tried to do the right things and know my place/stay in my lane, but it’s still been backfiring on me. I’m so exhausted. So exhausted dealing with everything day in and out.

Just please pray for my family. Pray for wisdom, conviction, and for the truth about this woman who Is taking advantage of my father in law, to come to light. Pray for peace. Again, I’m open minded and she’s even making me uncomfortable.

Pray for my husband, son, and I. We are just having an all around hard time working through this mess. It’s effecting me so much, I’m falling into a major depression.

If you’ve read this much, thanks.
I understand because my family has been hit so hard this past week and it will be a prolonged hit. Our hearts are troubled but we are all believers and that makes a difference God has all power to lift these burdens and help us go on and will cause each situation to come out much better than we could ever imagine.