A New Kitty!!! I think.....

caligal

It has happened again! I went out to the screened porch tonight after dinner and the fur kids were busy staring at something outside so I went over to check out what was going on and there she was. She was huddled under the patio table just like she was waiting for something. I got Mac and he took her some food. She came right to him and after a few bites came up to him and thanked him and loved all over him. She is very young. Maybe 12weeks old with no front claws :scratch: and no spay scar that we can discern. She is a calico brindle but we can't tell if she is a long hair or short hair cat. Her tail has longer fur on it but she is very malnourished so it could go either way. The thing is she was wearing a bell collar. My sister says she has seen her running the neighborhood for several weeks, and heard her bell when she has been sitting on the front porch. So we don't know if she has negligent owners or if she has been abandoned. She definitely has not been mistreated except for neglect. She is very sweet and trusting. Just a very little doll.:elmogrin

Now you might think I'm nuts, but a few days ago I was on the porch watching our other furballs and thanking God for sending them to us when that small still voice said to me to keep my eyes open because we had another small one on the way.:shocked Well it looks like she got here. God is good, Praise be to the Lord God Almighty!

Last edited:

caligal

What we thought was a kitten is a 1 1/2 year old cat!:surprised This very tiny cat has even had kittens!!!!!!:shocked She does have claws as I found out when Mac tried to give her medicine the vet wants her to take. She has a cold and is in isolation from the other kitties for 7- 10 days.:ohno That is not going to be easy..........

I want to call her Toni or Freckles but that isn't going over well with the bubba.:thumbdown She is too small to have a big name.

She is definitely abandoned. Poor tiny thing, I don't know how she survived all this time. I guess when she got sick the Lord decided to send her to us. He always provides and the vet works with us, so it works well. We always say yes.............and so we have kitties. We now have 5 furballs or 6 if you count outside Daisey. Yeah 6.:elmogrin

caligal

She is not litter trained....:ohno O boy, if we can't get her trained she will be another garage kitty.:(( Maybe that is for the best :idunno:, we will see. The Lords will be done.

WaitingOnHim

Renewed In Christ
What a kind heart you have Cali! I love kitties too - that's what's up with the kitty thing by my signature!!!

I've had at least one ever since I could crawl - up to 7-8 at times!

Freckles isn't a very big name - give it to here if she likes it - the buba can just get over it!!!

caligal

Yes she is our new kitty........we spent 200 just getting her checked up today. The little thing has a bad cold but no other issues than starvation. She got a shot and is in isolation for 7 to 10 days, we go in to spend time with her often for long periods: f or the next 7 to 10 in our bathroom. She is always sooo happy to see us and just loves all over us. She does sound stopped up but she got a shot for that and some eye drops that send meds down her sinuses. God willing she will recover and the other kitties will not get sick. it is a chance we will have take because we never turn Gods furballs away...............never. :heythere

We haven't named her yet, and Trey who is moving in with us said Freckles is is guy name.:lol: He isn't a real cat man, but he is in there caulking wall boards thing of a name for her.:pound: God has sent us sweet people to watch out and take care of us. Praise God!:hug

caligal

:elmogrin She has started to use the litter box now, and is making little ahh ahh noises. When I turned off the shower she decided to join me.:cookiemonster: I honestly can't get over how small she is. I wish yall could see her. You would be amazed.

araj54

I glad your new furbaby is bringing you so much joy Sis. I don't think it was an accident that little girl found you. Thank you Lord.

Sunny1

Caligal, your new kitty sounds like such a sweet blessing. So glad she learned to use the litter box. :)

Last edited:

caligal

I'm glad she did too. She is much too tiny to be an outdoor kitty. :nod She is sleeping a lot today and seems to feel a little punk, probably from the shot she got yesterday. You can hear the congestion in her little head.:(( She is also using the kitty bed we put in there for her. :elmogrin We combed many fleas off of her last night before we went to bed and I haven't seen her scratch today.

anath

I Love the Lord
Yes indeed the Lord sent this sick kitty to you! Thank you Lord. Thanks to you and your husband for getting this kitty medical attention and for giving nourishment and love to her. :hug

Joe B

What a lovely unfolding story and what a big heart you have too - God has chosen you well!

I do like cats but unfortunately their fur causes my eyes to itch and run and hit my nose and throat too! Having said that I may soon have to care for son's cat, a Bengal, for a time when my son is between homes. He apparently likes sleeping on your bed and waking you up early mornings sometimes with a bite on the nose!!!

Couple of pictures below, the first with my son and grandson and the second just of 'Alfie'!

Wish me well?

01.jpg

Sorry for some unknown reason it won't allow me to unload the second picture - its a jpg so don't know why?

Sunny1

Joe, Alfie is beautiful. That is the first time I have seen a cat with spots like that.

Caligal, any chance you could post a picture of your new furry baby girl?

iSong6:3

:kitten I love this happy thread!! :kitten Thanks for sharing this story, sister. :kitten God is so amazing the way He brings people and furbabies together.:kitten Poor little sweetheart, sick, starving, tiny and all alone in the world - and now she has a home with a family to love her, give her meds, feed her, and provide a bed to snuggle up in. :kitten God bless your relationship with her. :kitten And please, if you can, a pic! :kitten

And Joe - :kitten What a sweet pic! :kitten Beautiful markings on that kitty! :kitten Thanks for posting it. :kitten

Yeah, lots of kitty smilies, but no such thing as too many cats! :lol:

Proverbs 12:10

caligal

:elmogrin Thank you everyone for the kind and loving wishes for the new Little Cat, which is what we call her for now until she names herself. Mac said he will see if he can do a picture of her later after he hangs some more blinds and pictures.

That Bengal is beautiful, and one healthy looking cat.:nod

livin_in_the_Son

Caligal, what a wonderful sweetheart you are!! Little cat it's probably gonna be her moniker. We had a cat, kibbles, and got a second one that was so tiny she was "little bit". It morphed into Elby as she got older.

LC, or Elsie. :thinking:

WaitingOnHim

Renewed In Christ
What a lovely unfolding story and what a big heart you have too - God has chosen you well!

I do like cats but unfortunately their fur causes my eyes to itch and run and hit my nose and throat too! Having said that I may soon have to care for son's cat, a Bengal, for a time when my son is between homes. He apparently likes sleeping on your bed and waking you up early mornings sometimes with a bite on the nose!!!

Couple of pictures below, the first with my son and grandson and the second just of 'Alfie'!

Wish me well?

View attachment 1809

Sorry for some unknown reason it won't allow me to unload the second picture - its a jpg so don't know why?
Good looking family & kitty Joe!

I'm betting that you'll turn into a real softy and not want to give Alfie back to your son once he gets all moved in. You'll come up with some excuse like "It's too traumatic for Alfie to have to move again so soon!"

caligal

I do believe her official name is Lilly, and she is being called Lilbit.:lol::lol: Her voice is coming back and she has added oww oww, but still loses it when she tries to go too big or loud.:hehheh

She loves to kiss, head butt, and nibble chins,and tuck her head into the crook of your arm.

I so hope the cold stays in her head and doesn't get any worse. Her ears are so big it looks like a butterfly moth sitting on top of her tiny little head.:pound:

:pray::pray:please Lord, I know You sent her to us, so please make the other kitties love her and be gentle to her when she gets out of quarantine. She is so much smaller that they are.........well You know all that so I will leave that in Your hands Lord. :pray: Amen

caligal

Lilbit is doing fine and thinks she MUST have tuna fish in her bowl at all times. :lol: We use a toothbrush to brush her with and she loves to chew on it. It is a good brush for such a boney little girl and is safe to rub her face without poking.

The congestion sounds like it is starting to subside, and her kidneys are working just fine. Lilbit has absolutely no fear of anything as far as we can tell. I haven't even seen her be startled by sudden or loud noises. We know she can hear because she comes when called. :idunno: Just a little Samson I suppose.:elmogrin

vmoon

Oh thank you for keeping us posted on Lilly. This post makes me so happy. I am so happy for you. What a true blessing for you and for Lilly. :kitten:cloud9