A hook in the jaw coming??????

I saw this article and I had to go straight to Ezekiel 38:4.

Russia Says Some Troops Return to Base, Ukraine Reacts Cautiously​

I am not suggesting this is Ezekiel 38:4 in action, but I am stating very clearly that God is in control! We can wonder "what does that look like in Ezekiel" or "how can that happen." But scripture says that God will turn Gog around and put hooks in their jaws. The WHY question is found in vs 23: "And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the Lord."

Isn't that just like our Lord, always drawing people to Himself. Live Blessed!!!!

MePlus6

I’ve been noticing the similarity too. Read back over Ez 38 and 39 yesterday and found something interesting.

““Son of man, prophesy against Gog. Give him this message from the Sovereign Lord: I am your enemy, O Gog, ruler of the nations of Meshech and Tubal.” ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭39:1‬ ‭NLT‬‬ (emphasis mine)

“I will turn you around and drive you toward the mountains of Israel, bringing you from the distant north.” ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭39:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬ (emphasis mine)

Notice here the context in verse 1 is Gog, not Magog. God is talking to Russia’s leader.

Where are the Russian troops? The distant north relative to Israel. Look at Ukraine on the map.

I don’t know if this is Ez 38-39 stuff or not but it sure has some potential.

Hiftobaf

I have wondered that myself. However there's still a few conditions that must be met before Ezekiel 38. Israel must be recovering from a war and not suspecting an attack, which isn't the case now. Libya and Sudan are supposed to participate in the Ezekiel 38 war, but they have so many internal problems I can't imagine that happening right now.

RonJohnSilver

The text states that Russia comes for 'spoil'. That, I guess, could be different things, but I'm still watching the massive Israeli natural gas pipeline now being constructed (est. completion 2025 last I saw) that will bring natural gas to Europe. Which happens to be Russia's biggest market, so an skeptical person would say Russia will help Iran come after Israel, Iran to get rid of the Jews, Russia to eliminate their biggest competitor and take their holdings. A skeptical person would say that. I guess that would be me.

ChildofLight

I’ve been noticing the similarity too. Read back over Ez 38 and 39 yesterday and found something interesting.

““Son of man, prophesy against Gog. Give him this message from the Sovereign Lord: I am your enemy, O Gog, ruler of the nations of Meshech and Tubal.” ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭39:1‬ ‭NLT‬‬ (emphasis mine)

“I will turn you around and drive you toward the mountains of Israel, bringing you from the distant north.” ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭39:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬ (emphasis mine)

Notice here the context in verse 1 is Gog, not Magog. God is talking to Russia’s leader.

Where are the Russian troops? The distant north relative to Israel. Look at Ukraine on the map.
I was wondering about the “I will turn you around….” part.
Turn them around from where?

RonJohnSilver

The EastMed pipeline is the one that is supposed to go into Europe via Cyprus. The US has said that they are no longer going to support it although Trump/Pompeo did support it, but it's Israel's pipeline so why should they care what the US does? Anyway, I use the old standard of 'Follow the Money' and the money points to the EastMed pipeline, so IMO, sometime, somehow, Russia will want that gas and to eliminate their competition.

daygo

The EastMed pipeline is the one that is supposed to go into Europe via Cyprus. The US has said that they are no longer going to support it although Trump/Pompeo did support it, but it's Israel's pipeline so why should they care what the US does? Anyway, I use the old standard of 'Follow the Money' and the money points to the EastMed pipeline, so IMO, sometime, somehow, Russia will want that gas and to eliminate their competition.
Shows where Biden has his thoughts on and interests.

Wings Like Eagles

The text states that Russia comes for 'spoil'. That, I guess, could be different things, but I'm still watching the massive Israeli natural gas pipeline now being constructed (est. completion 2025 last I saw) that will bring natural gas to Europe. Which happens to be Russia's biggest market, so an skeptical person would say Russia will help Iran come after Israel, Iran to get rid of the Jews, Russia to eliminate their biggest competitor and take their holdings. A skeptical person would say that. I guess that would be me.
The Israeli natural gas pipeline has been cancelled. The two breakaway republics of the Donbass region are the ones which are taking shelling from the Ukrainians. The Russians are offering them assistance. This really isn't much of a much. This has been going on for quite a while. Political theatre.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Just seen these stats about Ukraine on facebook:

Why does the Ukraine matter to Russia? Tip of the hat to Thomas Gentry for this info.
How the nation of Ukraine ranks:
1st in Europe in proven recoverable reserves of uranium ores;
2nd place in Europe and 10th place in the world in terms of titanium ore reserves;
2nd place in the world in terms of explored reserves of manganese ores (2.3 billion tons, or 12% of the world's reserves);
2nd largest iron ore reserves in the world (30 billion tons);
2nd place in Europe in terms of mercury ore reserves;
3rd place in Europe (13th place in the world) in shale gas reserves (22 trillion cubic meters)
4th in the world by the total value of natural resources;
7th place in the world in coal reserves (33.9 billion tons)
Ukraine is an agricultural country:
1st in Europe in terms of arable land area;
3rd place in the world by the area of black soil (25% of world's volume);
1st place in the world in exports of sunflower and sunflower oil;
2nd place in the world in barley production and 4th place in barley exports;
3rd largest producer and 4th largest exporter of corn in the world;
4th largest producer of potatoes in the world;
5th largest rye producer in the world;
5th place in the world in bee production (75,000 tons);
8th place in the world in wheat exports;
9th place in the world in the production of chicken eggs;
16th place in the world in cheese exports.
Ukraine can meet the food needs of 600 million people.
Ukraine is an industrialized country:
1st in Europe in ammonia production;
2nd Europe's and 4th largest natural gas pipeline system in the world (142.5 billion cubic meters of gas throughput capacity in the EU);
3rd largest in Europe and 8th largest in the world in terms of installed capacity of nuclear power plants;
3rd place in Europe and 11th in the world in terms of rail network length (21,700 km);
3rd place in the world (after the U.S. and France) in production of locators and locating equipment;
3rd largest iron exporter in the world
4th largest exporter of turbines for nuclear power plants in the world;
4th world's largest manufacturer of rocket launchers;
4th place in the world in clay exports
4th place in the world in titanium exports
8th place in the world in exports of ores and concentrates;
9th place in the world in exports of defense industry products;
10th largest steel producer in the world (32.4 million tons).

Wings Like Eagles

Just seen these stats about Ukraine on facebook:

Why does the Ukraine matter to Russia? Tip of the hat to Thomas Gentry for this info.
How the nation of Ukraine ranks:
1st in Europe in proven recoverable reserves of uranium ores;
2nd place in Europe and 10th place in the world in terms of titanium ore reserves;
2nd place in the world in terms of explored reserves of manganese ores (2.3 billion tons, or 12% of the world's reserves);
2nd largest iron ore reserves in the world (30 billion tons);
2nd place in Europe in terms of mercury ore reserves;
3rd place in Europe (13th place in the world) in shale gas reserves (22 trillion cubic meters)
4th in the world by the total value of natural resources;
7th place in the world in coal reserves (33.9 billion tons)
Ukraine is an agricultural country:
1st in Europe in terms of arable land area;
3rd place in the world by the area of black soil (25% of world's volume);
1st place in the world in exports of sunflower and sunflower oil;
2nd place in the world in barley production and 4th place in barley exports;
3rd largest producer and 4th largest exporter of corn in the world;
4th largest producer of potatoes in the world;
5th largest rye producer in the world;
5th place in the world in bee production (75,000 tons);
8th place in the world in wheat exports;
9th place in the world in the production of chicken eggs;
16th place in the world in cheese exports.
Ukraine can meet the food needs of 600 million people.
Ukraine is an industrialized country:
1st in Europe in ammonia production;
2nd Europe's and 4th largest natural gas pipeline system in the world (142.5 billion cubic meters of gas throughput capacity in the EU);
3rd largest in Europe and 8th largest in the world in terms of installed capacity of nuclear power plants;
3rd place in Europe and 11th in the world in terms of rail network length (21,700 km);
3rd place in the world (after the U.S. and France) in production of locators and locating equipment;
3rd largest iron exporter in the world
4th largest exporter of turbines for nuclear power plants in the world;
4th world's largest manufacturer of rocket launchers;
4th place in the world in clay exports
4th place in the world in titanium exports
8th place in the world in exports of ores and concentrates;
9th place in the world in exports of defense industry products;
10th largest steel producer in the world (32.4 million tons).
A big problem is that extraction of resources is at loggerheads with agriculture, and Ukraine has some of the best of the best agricultural land in the world. It has always been Russia's breadbasket and Russians feel that it is in their national interest to try to keep Ukraine from joining resource-hungry Europe. The Russian Federation controls vast areas and they cast wary eyes toward Europe, but they also are anxious about China's expansionism. Russians know that China would take much of the Russian territory east of the Urals, if it could. We live in interesting times.

GEOINTAnalyst

Yes, I'm looking at this nordstream 2 pipeline and if this is connected somehow to Ukraine.
The Ukraine has a contract with Russia for the transportation of natural gas until 2025 then that contract expires - The Russians supplies about 100m3 tons of natural gas per year thereabouts to Europe - the Nord 2 pipeline will allow to bypass the Ukraine about 50m3 tons of natural gas pass through the Ukraine each year currently, the other 50m3 ton of natural gas goes through Nord 1 pipeline right now and with Nord 2 pipeline operational the current 50m3 tons of natural gas that goes through the Ukraine will go through Nord 2 - the Nord 2 pipeline will cut about 3 Billion dollars out of the Ukraine money supply

Back