A fool who praises Satan

Lovin Jesus

All I've been watching lately on broadcast TV is the Carol Burnett channel.

Been getting so many laughs that it's been good stress relief.
I remember so many shows and miss them. L

Rowan and Martin. The hosts with Flip Wilson, JoAnn Worley, What’s that little guys name who wore the military helmet with glasses and with a German accent said, “ very interesting “? Goldie Hawn, the phrase “Sock it ti me”, Kids Say the Darndest Things. Hogans Heroes. The Lone & Ranger & Tonto, Lassie, Bonanza, The Rifleman, Mission Impossible, Lost in Space, (Danger, Danger Mr Robinson) , Every Saturday, American Bandstand. What’s My Line, Candid Camera, Soupy Sales, Superman (George Reeves), The Avengers, Andy Griffith, Mayberry RFD, I Spy, Guilligans Island, Get Smart (Don Adams inspired the cell phone with his shoe). The Man From U.N.C.L.E “with Napoleon Solo”, The Time Tunnel, F Troop,
I love going down the memory lane like this. I tell my grandkids they don’t have good tv like I got to see growing up.

Last edited:

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20

Rowan and Martin. The hosts with Flip Wilson, JoAnn Worley, What’s that little guys name who wore the military helmet with glasses and with a German accent said, “ very interesting “? Goldie Hawn, the phrase “Sock it ti me”, Kids Say the Darndest Things. Hogans Heroes. The Lone & Ranger & Tonto, Lassie, Bonanza, The Rifleman, Mission Impossible, Lost in Space, (Danger, Danger Mr Robinson) , Every Saturday, American Bandstand. What’s My Line, Candid Camera, Soupy Sales, Superman (George Reeves), The Avengers, Andy Griffith, Mayberry RFD, I Spy, Guilligans Island, Get Smart (Don Adams inspired the cell phone with his shoe). The Man From U.N.C.L.E “with Napoleon Solo”, The Time Tunnel, F Troop,
I love going down the memory lane like this. I tell my grandkids they don’t have good tv like I got to see growing up.

and Rin Tin Tin, Twelve O'Clock High, Rat Patrol, McHale's Navy, MASH, I Dream of Jeannie, Dragnet, George Burns and Gracie Allen, Count Basie, Jimmy Dorsey, Jimmy Durante, Louis Armstrong, Glen Miller, Mitch Miller, Perry Como, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Grinch that Stole Christmas (original version), Charlie Brown Christmas . . .

The good ole days when the good guys (usually) won and TV was (usually) pretty safe for the whole family to watch together :smile

And sometimes I get to see or hear my Dad's old stuff, depending on what's on :smile

Last edited:

antitox

Remember all those.

Yesterday afternoon I was watching the old "Lost in Space" series and that touches an early part of my life back when I lived in Metarie, La. At that time we also saw "Queen of Outer Space" and "The Forbidden Planet."

Ah, the old days.

They also have "UFO" which I watched when I was in Slidell, La. when I was a teen.

I was also a "The Man from U.N.C.L.E" fan as well. I think I lived in Monroe then.

Also Patrick McGoohan who did "Secret Agent" and "The Prisoner."

Lovin Jesus

Remember all those.

Yesterday afternoon I was watching the old "Lost in Space" series and that touches an early part of my life back when I lived in Metarie, La. At that time we also saw "Queen of Outer Space" and "The Forbidden Planet."

Ah, the old days.

They also have "UFO" which I watched when I was in Slidell, La. when I was a teen.

I was also a "The Man from U.N.C.L.E" fan as well. I think I lived in Monroe then.

Also Patrick McGoohan who did "Secret Agent" and "The Prisoner."
To compare the tv of the past to today is quite a definition of drastic metamorphosis. Agree?
Over the years tv has either conformed to the current culture or it is part of the ingredients of the system that led to the recipe of depravity we see worsening as time goes by leading to the judgement they have brought upon themselves. The TV , in media, and programming has been used to condition minds of its viewers. Far fetched thought?

SafReb

Mary Beard is a classic example of a post-modernist. Her history of Rome borders on fantasy. Simon Schama is a run-of-the-mill leftist, and a dull, plodding writer. His book on the French Revolution, Citizens manages to make a fascinating topic extremely boring. Simon Jonathan Sebag Montefiore, in contrast, is a brilliant and engaging historian. I have several of his books on Russian history. His book on Stalin, Stalin: The Court of the Red Tsar is excellent.
Interesting comment about Schama. He did a a series on the book you mention about the French revolution and the Jacobins revolt, he compared it to the BLM demonstrations, Extinction Rebellion as a good thing. It was appalling and I couldnt watch anymore.

SpaceBum

Interesting comment about Schama. He did a a series on the book you mention about the French revolution and the Jacobins revolt, he compared it to the BLM demonstrations, Extinction Rebellion as a good thing. It was appalling and I couldnt watch anymore.
This is what happens when historians marinate in the miasma of their own intellectual flatulence for too long. They’re completely disconnected from reality. I suppose to Schama and his ilk all of the mass murder the Jacobins indulged in, not to mention the horrific genocide in the Vendée, was all well and good as long as La Révolution! was successful. And let’s not forget that the French Revolution led to the rise of the despot, Napoleon, whose lust for glory brought untold misery and death to much of Europe. I feel nothing but contempt for these propagandists and apologists for totalitarianism.

seated with Christ

This is what happens when historians marinate in the miasma of their own intellectual flatulence for too long. They’re completely disconnected from reality. I suppose to Schama and his ilk all of the mass murder the Jacobins indulged in, not to mention the horrific genocide in the Vendée, was all well and good as long as La Révolution! was successful. And let’s not forget that the French Revolution led to the rise of the despot, Napoleon, whose lust for glory brought untold misery and death to much of Europe. I feel nothing but contempt for these propagandists and apologists for totalitarianism.
You are so educated, do you know how Napoleon ended up? The British caught him and instead of hanging him or giving him a life sentence they exiled him on an island off the coast of Africa's western shore. He had the run of the island except for some no go zones like the port. He died in exile and somehow France acquired the remains and build elaborate final resting place fit for an emperor.

SpaceBum

You are so educated, do you know how Napoleon ended up? The British caught him and instead of hanging him or giving him a life sentence they exiled him on an island off the coast of Africa's western shore. He had the run of the island except for some no go zones like the port. He died in exile and somehow France acquired the remains and build elaborate final resting place fit for an emperor.
Surely there’s a spare room or two available for His Fraudulency on St. Helena.

I can recommend the DVD box set of Little House on the Prairie as an antidote and relief from the 100% Satan owned TV shows of today.
The way this idylic christian family is depicted will bring many of you to tears.