A brief rebuttal to an atheist: You called God a psycho?

Discussion in 'Apologetics' started by Steve53, May 11, 2018.

1. Steve53

Steve53 Well-Known Member

It's painfully obvious you know nothing of which you speak. No doubt you have access to a Bible? Hopefully not a paraphrase like "The Message?" The facts you proclaim you adhere to are available for your personal inspection somewhere other than in atheist chat rooms. The facts you claim you need to support a belief are present in Scripture. Don't take my word for it! Pick up a Bible, read 1st John and then Romans if you are truly intellectually honest or desire to be so with yourself. Research the fact that the Bible contains hundreds of fulfilled prophecies that stand firm against charges of revisionism. Furthermore the Bible withstands textual criticisms - the original 66 manuscripts coming out on top as the most internally consistent. It's not humanly possible to have a collection of works penned by 40 human "secretaries" over the course of 1500 years be so perfectly interwoven but for God, well, He dictated the content. Jesus dictated the content. Try to be sincere and explain away fulfilled prophecies without fundamentally getting your facts wrong. Or not. Take the time to understand the concept of a Kinsman Redeemer, why the need, and the cost. It will come to pass that one day future will be your last, and the chance to choose to edify yourself may be lost along with your soul. That's not a message meant to instill an irrational fear. It's a message of love and grace and salvation for the asking. It's so simple a child can understand the concept of a Creator telling folks on the path to an open volcanic lava pit that it wasn't originally meant for them! Choose a different path before falling in!....You called God a psycho - I call Him Jesus.

2. mattfivefour

mattfivefour Administrator Staff Member

Excellent, Steve!

3. Brother Albert R.

Brother Albert R. Well-Known Member

Hello Steve53
    Is this post a response to a particular atheist you had in mind?
    Brother Albert

Tall Timbers, SonSeeker and Andy C like this.
  4. Steve53

It was.

5. Andy C

Andy C Well-Known Member

Thanks Steve. I enjoyed the few years I spent on Rapture Ready and the solid discernemnt that was always present in your posts.

6. Steve53

Hi Andy. Thanks for the kind words.

RR is still there! RF's sister site has had a makeover but unfortunately the new VBulletin interface is full of bugs we're working on getting rid of...

But don't be shy! Stop on by!

SonSeeker and Andy C like this.
  7. Rocky Rivera

Rocky Rivera Active Member

We hope in our God, we hope in Jesus. Only He can bear the weight of our hope. The atheist has a different hope -- that there is no God. But think of the illogical fallacy. You cannot place hope in something that does not exist, or lack of hope in something that does not exist because you would never think of it.

Jeri minton, Steve53 and SonSeeker like this.
  8. usoutpost31

usoutpost31 Well-Known Member

Matthew 12:36
    But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Proclaiming the God of the Bible crazy, immoral or even evil is common among Internet atheists. It's nothing but an excuse for their unbelief. No reason to believe in or follow after God if he's that unpleasant. The countless other passages that show us the heart of God, his mercy, patience, compassion and justice, they'll just ignore those.

Mish, Steve53, Tall Timbers and 2 others like this.