A Brief Discussion with a Supporter of the partial-Rapture

Heritage

I've met fundamentalist Baptists that believe there will be two raptures.
The first would be the "Body of Christ" and could occur long before the 7 yr. Tribulation.
The second would be those saved following the first rapture, but before the 3 1/2 yr. Great Tribulation.
They base this upon the fact that God does not punish the godly along with the ungodly (ie: Lot & Sodom, etc.), and it is based on Revelation 7:14.
I said to him, “My lord, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation,
and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Last edited:

athenasius

I was thinking about this thread last night and it just strikes me how we always want to add our little bit to God's finished work. The bit in Isaiah I think it is, calling our works filthy rags (with a rather more graphic meaning than the KJV has refers to used menstrual cloths) really speaks to this ever present human urge to "help" God along. That is the thinking your friend and the thinking behind purgatory for the Catholics, and even the muliple rapture position of these fundamentalist Baptists. It boils down to the cross of Calvary not being ENOUGH to cover our sins, that we need a few extra good works, good behaviour to top it all off and go to the head of the line up getting into heaven as it were. Works. Filthy used menstrual rags. NOT how we are saved, raptured or anything. It's God's GRACE all the way!