A (belated) greeting from the South of Africa

[email protected]

Hello fellow believers from Port Elizabeth in sunny South Africa!

I am extremely privileged to be in the auspicious company of so many saints!
Me!?
Oh boy - where would I be today if it were not for Jesus and the long-suffering love of God!

48 years ago a young, confused and suicidal 16-year old attended a Christian youth weekend - and in a moment of utter dispair cried out: "God! If You are out there I need you!"

What followed cannot (easily) be described in natural terms.... what felt like electric light pulsated through my body, from the soles of my feet upwards through my body, causing my arms and hands to lift up high in the air as God cleansed every single cell on my body from deadly, ingrained sin!

I finally fell to my knees, sobbing uncontrollably as I realised that God had heard my heartfelt plea and had reached out across time and space to touch and heal me!

Me!

Up until that moment I had been convinced that my eternal destiny was with the damned!

But God!!

Ever true to His Word He did not turn (even) me away, but sealed me forever with the earnest of His Holy Spirit.

I am now 64 years old, not in the best of health and SO looking forward to a glorified (pain-free) body - but growing in excitement and expectation with each passing day as I see with my own eyes the convergence of prophecy that precedes the (oh so eagerly awaited) words: "Come up here!"

Let's encourage one another till that day comes!

Carl

Hello fellow believers from Port Elizabeth in sunny South Africa!

I am extremely privileged to be in the auspicious company of so many saints!
Me!?
Oh boy - where would I be today if it were not for Jesus and the long-suffering love of God!

48 years ago a young, confused and suicidal 16-year old attended a Christian youth weekend - and in a moment of utter dispair cried out: "God! If You are out there I need you!"

What followed cannot (easily) be described in natural terms.... what felt like electric light pulsated through my body, from the soles of my feet upwards through my body, causing my arms and hands to lift up high in the air as God cleansed every single cell on my body from deadly, ingrained sin!

I finally fell to my knees, sobbing uncontrollably as I realised that God had heard my heartfelt plea and had reached out across time and space to touch and heal me!

Me!

Up until that moment I had been convinced that my eternal destiny was with the damned!

But God!!

Ever true to His Word He did not turn (even) me away, but sealed me forever with the earnest of His Holy Spirit.

I am now 64 years old, not in the best of health and SO looking forward to a glorified (pain-free) body - but growing in excitement and expectation with each passing day as I see with my own eyes the convergence of prophecy that precedes the (oh so eagerly awaited) words: "Come up here!"

Let's encourage one another till that day comes!
Thank You for the encouragement KenE! It is testimonies like this that can really encourage the body of Christ, your brothers and sisters!